Deleted

Need some help from bodybuilders or something, is it loose skin or fat?

Got some imgurs of my belly here, http://imgur.com/wjDjDMX
    http://imgur.com/NuQUzrk
    http://imgur.com/NL0yUdg

Is this loose skin or a little belly fat thats left?,
    if i flex my stomach and push my finger into the skin its like a rock hard wall so i know i have abs, i have been working it for quite some time

would really appreciate some answers

10+ Year Old Account
    It's both.

Unless you've got a 3% or lower body-fat percentage (a little exaggeration there) there will always be a tiny amount of fat over your abs. The pictures you see of body builders are usually both flexed and pumped up prior to the picture to exaggerate their abs. The rest of that is your skin.

You've got a nice tummy

Deleted
    So i guess i have to do some more cardio to get the abs to show then?,

That's just some fat remaining. You really need to keep your diet on point to make your abs show. You look like you're around 14% or so BF, which is still great and healthy for most guys. Get it down to 8-10% or so and those abs should show.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    That's just some fat remaining. You really need to keep your diet on point to make your abs show. You look like you're around 14% or so BF, which is still great and healthy for most guys. Get it down to 8-10% or so and those abs should show.
    1 month on some low carb + cardio n stuff should do get it low enough then right?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    Have you tried a fasting diet or something similar? Seems like you are already doing the workout part and perhaps just need to really dial in the nutrition part.

1 month on some low carb + cardio n stuff should do get it low enough then right?
    Maybe...but I'd wager it won't be that easy. 2 or maybe 3 months is probably more likely. Just blind guess buy I'd say that would require a weight drop of 6-10 lbs.

--Edit--

Also your skin color could be working against you, fair skin can diffuse the the light hitting, so you won't get the shadow to create the contrast to have nicely visible abs.
    Last edited by gamingmuscle; 2016-02-04 at 07:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's both.

Unless you've got a 3% or lower body-fat percentage (a little exaggeration there) there will always be a tiny amount of fat over your abs. The pictures you see of body builders are usually both flexed and pumped up prior to the picture to exaggerate their abs. The rest of that is your skin.

You've got a nice tummy
    I have to disagree a little. Even when seated at rest doing absolutely nothing, my femoral arteries/related veins (spider web) are risen. Vascularity is a good visual measure for subcutaneous fat. At rest standing, with doing nothing to flood with muscles with blood, the 8-pack is on display.

Usually at 6% bf or under, you literally don't have to do anything to present developed - even in horrible lighting. The exception to this rule isn't abs, it's the striations of chest & shoulders.

Only in a sense. You want to lose more weight until it's gone.

You can do this by increasing your exercise-level or by consuming less calories. Overall the goal is to keep your calories spent higher than your calories consumed on a daily basis.

But it's really hard to out-exercise a bad diet.

I wouldn't worry about getting abs to show. Your body fat % is fine. Id honestly just recommend lifting harder and more frequently. The reason you look kind of soft is not because you have too much fat, but because you don't have enough muscle.

Deleted
    Looks like skinnyfat to me. More weight, more reps.
    Do you use alot of diet products? Diet-coke and stuff like that?

You can do your own research as well, but different forms of cardio have different effects upon the body. The basics:

Aerobic cardio - low calorie burn but majority of those calories burned are stored fat. Metabolic burn after exercise slows down, but little risk of catabolic burn.

Anaerobic cardio - high calorie burn but majority of calories burned are stored energy. Metabolic burn stays high for a few hours but drops. High risk of catabolic burn if meals aren't sufficient in portion & timing.

HIIT cardio - fairly consistent with calorie burn of anaerobic cardio, tends to force calories of stored fat to be burned. Metabolic burn stays high for many hours afterward. Still high risk of catabolic burn depending on intensity.

Again, super basic. If you're doing HIIT properly, it's generally not a good thing to do it more than once a week. It's both hard on the heart, and repeated HIIT can stymie your resting metabolic rate quickly. That saying of too much of a good thing, applies here.

You have a skinny guy beer belly.

Also your body fat looks 15% +.

You really need to get into the 10% range before complaining about a gut. Oh and stop guzzling those BL's too.

If you really want to loose a pouch I recommend track running for 3-5 miles a day. Treadmill running is not the same, imo to supplement a 5 day split workout

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Looks like skinnyfat to me. More weight, more reps.
    Do you use alot of diet products? Diet-coke and stuff like that?
    no, i always drink water