11-year-old Afghan boy, hailed as hero for fighting Taliban, killed by militants

An 11-year-old Afghan boy who had been praised for his bravery in leading security forces in battle against the Taliban was killed by the militants this week, Afghan authorities said.

Wasil Ahmad had commanded a police unit for 43 days as it fought to repel a deadly 71-day Taliban siege last year, according to his uncle Mullah Samad, an Afghan Local Police commander in the Khas Uruzgan district of Uruzgan

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/04/asia/a...led/index.html

I mean is there really nobody to run their police forces that they are appointing children to lead?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I mean is there really nobody to run their police forces that they are appointing children to lead?
    How would they have, when all the men are running away instead? Even when outnumbering enemies 20 to 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    How would they have, when all the men are running away instead? Even when outnumbering enemies 20 to 1
    But is he leading adults? Are none of the adults that he's leading capable of leading?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Rip, very brave boy.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Look at iraq and africa etc it's the same deal they have much much more manpower but still fail, to much corruption and shitty soldiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Child Soldiers Protection Act
    The Child Soldier Prevention Act (CSPA) is a United States federal statute signed into law by President George W. Bush on 3 October 2008. The law criminalizes leading a military force which recruits child soldiers. The law's definition of child soldiers includes "any person under 18 years of age who takes a direct part in hostilities as a member of governmental armed forces."
    I guess child soldiers are just great when they're on "our side"? It's so wretchedly funny and hilariously sad that things have slid so far that even the pretenses can be ignored.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Pagan friend of mine ( Asatru to be more specific) would say " Valhalla opens for the brave and good." Rest well, young man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Such is war.

I saw his pic on CNN. I'm pretty sure that 11yo could kick the ass of 99.9% of the people on this site. RIP little badass dude

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Child Soldiers Protection Act

I guess child soldiers are just great when they're on "our side"? It's so wretchedly funny and hilariously sad that things have slid so far that even the pretenses can be ignored.
    And other countries have to follow our laws right? That is what I find 'wretchedly' funny. That is the big problem with the U.S. and the crap we have going on in other countries. We want to push our laws and our rules onto someone else, whom can and should be able to just tell the U.S. to fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    And other countries have to follow our laws right? That is what I find 'wretchedly' funny. That is the big problem with the U.S. and the crap we have going on in other countries. We want to push our laws and our rules onto someone else, whom can and should be able to just tell the U.S. to fuck off.
    The issue here isn't that we pushed our laws on others, it's that we didn't do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile every kid in western countries get their feelings hurt over the internet. This ones a special case. A hero crusader. Live in peace and may God watch over you.
    Last edited by want my Slimjim; 2016-02-04 at 09:42 PM.

Maybe we should tell Russia they can have Afghanistan too.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    I think we should follow our laws - including not supporting forces using child soldiers, even if they're on "our side".
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Bury him a G.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    This saddens me with respect but with anger at the young men who have fled to become parasites in Europe. I know throwing more bodies into a war zone rarely helps, but at least it gibes support and helps ppl like what this kid should have been escape. They are all so ass backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    This saddens me with respect but with anger at the young men who have fled to become parasites in Europe. I know throwing more bodies into a war zone rarely helps, but at least it gibes support and helps ppl like what this kid should have been escape. They are all so ass backwards.
    Some people are just not built for war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Some people are just not built for war.
    You're right, but considering the news and chaos, it feels like a slap in the face