Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah people buying mounts and pets on the money screen is really ruining your experience? people shelling out enough money for a new game to get a level 100 ruins it for you? chances are that if you actually raid you dont deal with new level 100players that often and if you pvp you probably love it, get off the hate train

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Sorry, Flurryfang, but after reading everything you just said, it has beccome pretty clear that you have paid absolutely no attention to anythng that has happened in WoW, like, ever. No characcter development? Nearly every major character with the exception of Tyrande has gone through various levels of character development over the course of the game, from minor to damn near earth shattering. Just because you dont personally think blizzard pays enough attention to making those developments blatantly obvious doesnt mean they havent happend. Also, just because you havent seen the results of some of those developments also does not mean they didnt occur. For example, Thrall kills Garrosh. And it has a HUGE impact on him, despite what you might believe. In fact, the entire reason why shaman get the Doomhammer as an artifact weapon in legion is directly tied to the fact that Thrall killed Garrosh. I can't speak for Yrel, as I have never played the alliance story side of the WoD campaign, but I highly doubt her characcter development is as shallow as you seem to think.

Also, you seem to be forgetting that this is an MMO. Your Character is supposed to be the "hero" of all the stuff going on. This is however not a Bioware RPG, and your character can be any one of nearly a dozen classes with loads of specs and pretty much any background you want to dream up for him / her. It is kind of difficcult to tell a cohesive story when the protagonist can be damn near anything. Not to mention that if they put too much focus on all the NPCs, you just end up with people bitching about the NPCs stealing your spotlight in all the important scenes (like with green jesus or Tyrion "plot armor" Fordring.)
    I see little proof, that should counteract my statement. I mostly turned my critique to MoP and WoD, and i will say that they have made good characters before like Illidan and Arthas, but there is not nearly enough when you look at the amount of data, they have worked with over the entirety of WoW. Outside of the faction leaders and Jaina, can you name 5 people who have had a major change in their character from Cata to WoD. Dead people dont count and they have had to have done something within each expansion, since that would be the diffinition of a major character, right?

Just because i havent seen the results of those developments, does not mean they did not occur? Yes it does! If we as players, do not see a change and blizzard assumes that we should, then you leave the lore up to fanfiction. That is not how you build story. They need to show the story in the game. If not, then people dont care about what might not be seen. If huge things, like Thrall being affected by Garroshes death, they can't wait an entire expansion to even mention it... That is very lackluster compared to what you could do with some few conversation options and maybe a little quest.

I have played through Yrels story 3 times. I have made 2 alliance characters, solely to learn abort her story and to see how she develops. Some years ago, i was watching a Blizzcon, where they were hyping Yrel up to be the new big alliance character, and i was ready to have a new great alliance heroin in the game. What she actually became..... is a boring questgiver, who follows the players around like a little kid holding our hand. She have done nothing to deserve her Exarch postion. There is no sign of why she is so powerful all of a sudden. There is no reason for her to be the leader of the alliance on Dreanor, only because she is the ONLY alliance character, who is just a little filled out. For her to be the new big thing, she is surprisingly shallow.

So just because its an MMO, it has to have lackluster story? This is pretty much what you are saying. There is no reason to think, that just because you play an MMO, that it has to avoid talking to you. Just because we are different classes, races and specs, does not mean NPCs can talk to us. We are still horde and alliance, and the NPC could interact with us depending on what faction we are. A little information and option of conversation with notable characters, is not really a gamebreaking thing. It is proberly something that would be done over a couple of weekends, with a person who is really known in the WoW-lore. Yet they dont do it, and its a shame, since its alot of value for little work. I do agree, that the Tyrion and Thrall stories in WotLK and Cata was stupid, but that is the bad side. Just because they fucked up with those guys, does not stop them from trying to make more characters like Wrathion and Nazgrim, who actually talked to use and did stuff with us, instead of just being bagground noise, like many of the faction leaders are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Subbed to do what? Your WoW chores to stay subbed?
    Well, I do pop in and raid with friends here and there, but yeh, largely subbed to do chores to stay subbed. However, I earn more gold in a month than it takes to sub so I am also banking bunches of gold. If legion is still 9-10 months out I will reach gold cap by then simply logging on for 5 min a day.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I think if they want wow to still be a powerhouse by 2020 and beyond they really need to break the mold.. right now everyone expects a new expansion ever 2 years that costs 50 dollars the subscription not going away.

New expansion Includes Raids. 5 Man dungeons. Daily Quests with Reputation Grinds. PVP Arena seasons. New sets of gear, new mounts, new achievments.

5-10 new levels. New Zones, new quests, new achievments. New toys, New pets.

When has there been an expansion that was any different? Cataclysm Major features introduced Mythic raiding, Rated Battlegrounds. First expansion to only be 5 new levels. LFR Difficulty.

TBC New features. Arena. Heroic Dungeons.

Wotlk new features. LFG tool for 5 man dungeons. Battle.net , Real ID.

Warlord's clearly just falls short 10 man raiding was obliterated. Least amount of dungeons and Raids vs any expansion to combat this Time Walking was added. Re do old dungeons for modern rewards. No new BG maps or Arenas just Ashran. No World pvp objectives outside the sandbox zone.

WOD had 1 Content patch 6.2 The patch that came after just added flying. The patch that came before added twitter integration.

Wod has had the most features Cut before release than any other expansion.

When does it end? Why does it always have to be 50 dollars every 2 years for the same shit with a long content drought following suite?

Yet people just keep bending over and taking it in. Throwing their money at Blizzard every couple of years for a new expansion despite repeated Mediocre expansions.

I never thought id say this but Cataclysm Was vastly superior to Warlord's. No Garrison. Tol Barad> Ashran. 2 new battlegrounds. RBGs. 2 new raiding difficulties. Interesting enviroments for the new zones that came with it. Overhaul of the 1-60 content that had been exactly the same for 6 years. Flying allowed in Azeroth. Flying was held hostage for Wod.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard will never learn it seems.

Talent trees still suck need a lot of work and the overall Raid or Die theme of wow is killing it fast.