7+ Year Old Account

When you were a kid, what did you think would be a much bigger deal as an adult?

When you were younger, What did you think would be a much bigger deal as an adult?

To get the ball rolling,

• I was convinced I would be on fire a lot more, I was taught "Stop Drop and Roll" a lot as a kid. I felt it was going to be 90% of adult life.
    • I was convinced I would be able to retire on the profits of my Beanie Baby collection.
    • I was convinced that your favorite colour determined who you could and could not hangout with in the real world. Since I over heard people talking about "different coloured people"

Those are just a few that come to mind. How about you guys?
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

Politics. We'd always see all these ads and even have in class voting. Turns out, none of it matters since everyone is clearly sold to the highest bidder.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Just being able to drive. As a kid, I always thought driving a car when I grew up would be so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Politics. We'd always see all these ads and even have in class voting. Turns out, none of it matters since everyone is clearly sold to the highest bidder.
    And this.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-02-10 at 02:22 PM.

I expected more quicksand.
    Horseshit.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    That all/most adults were all responsible, mindful, mature, and respectable people that were decently open-minded. Essentially, that acting like a "kid" was something relevant to age, alone.

The reality is that most adults are more childish and immature than most children, and that is actually normal.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

i expected that the boom/bust cycle of economics would stay on boom and never go to bust again

I thought I was Darkwing Duck and that supervillains would be much more common.

College. It's like high school but with less jerks because everyone's just focused on passing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    I assumed that wrecking balls smashing into things would be more prevalent

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci Fi Samurai View Post
    I expected more quicksand.
    This was a very common discussion on the playground. Everyone had their own method on how to deal with Quick Sand but it never really made an appearance

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I assumed that wrecking balls smashing into things would be more prevalent
    Lmao, i always thought New York City consisted of people building tall buildings before someone could smash it down with their wrecking ball.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

Deleted
    1. Politics
    2. A job.

Getting a tattoo. I thought it'd be the worst pain one could experience. Needles(s) to say, that's not the case.

And as already mentioned, I expected politics to be a lot more complicated than it actually is. Don't get me wrong, it's a fucking maze. But I'm mostly thinking about ideological differences and knowing what you're talking about.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted
    I wanted to be Batman as a kid - so my expectations of my adult life were pretty big.

Overall as I grew up I've increasingly figured out that what people consider "Right" and "Wrong" are very much matters of perspective and instead of things being black and white we have very many layers of gray going on everywhere.

I've also found out that evil is super rare in the real world - incompetence and ignorance seem to be at an all time epidemic however.

I thought that college was super important for literally everything. I also thought you could follow your dreams and be happy and make a living that way. Both of these are complete bullshit for most people. You're better off going into a technical school and learning a skill in a rapidly growing and high-demand field and then your "dream" just being a hobby you do in your spare time. Hopefully, you can turn your dream into a real career eventually, but the vast majority never make it, and a lot of people find out their dream careers aren't what they hoped it would be.

I also hoped Jurassic Park would be a real thing by the time I was an adult and I could work with dinosaurs in real life.

Oh, and as others have said, politics is a lot more straight forward than you'd think. It's pretty much always a choice between a douche and a turd.
    Last edited by An-Tuirseach; 2016-02-12 at 05:48 PM.