Would this raid progression make more sense to you?

We touched briefly on this subject in another thread. Would it make more sense to have a linear progression curve within your chosen difficulty. For mythic raiders for example you would go from one mythic tier to the next mythic tier. Going "back" for a lower difficulty than the one you are doing would be a thing of the past. The only time you would be doing other difficulties than the one you want would be in the first tier of an expansion. The raids themselves could have tighter gear checks and drop less loot for example in order for them to last longer.

Deleted
    Yes. I don't know why it isn't like this already.

The player should always be playing at the difficulty level they want or are able to. Not having to repeat the same content because of gear barriers.

The difference between expansions is way to low imho. I'm a mythic raider and I would be kinda sad if I still had my current equip on on maxlevel next expansion and would start raiding like that and couldn't even exchange it for anything from dungeons or heroics. Yeah, of course, if you hate those and are only here for raiding you might like that idea, but I dunno, I don't want to make them obsolete right from the start.

As for the difference between tiers: It seems kind of nice, though it might put guilds in an awkward spot who are progressing through more than one difficulty. (Say, progressing slowly to normal, then start progressing on hc and get maybe halfway done when the next patch hits live servers). And if you wanna keep warforged around I think the difference between tiers might be actually too low and you might end up with old items, because they have better stat distribution, which doesn't feel so nice as well.

edit: I guess I would like to see the difference between tiers a little lower, but yours does seem rather tight.
    Last edited by Marani; 2016-02-05 at 03:36 PM.

I think mythic tier 1 should still be better than heroic tier 2.

Oh and LFR should be at par with heroic dunegons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I think mythic tier 1 should still be better than heroic tier 2.
    Yeah you might have a point there. Otherwise you might feel like you have to do heroic for certain trinkets. There should never be a reason to go hc>nm>hc for instance, it should be hc>hc.

I do think there should be a progression path outside of raiding that gives heroic iLvl loot throughout the expansion like it used to though, either through scaling dungeons or VP/world bosses or a combination, but I didn't include anything like that. I also think that normal and heroic should be merged but that's an entirely different discussion.

As a mythic raider, I still have no clue why I have to replace mythic gear by heroic gear every new tier... that is stupid, I should just go straight into mythic with my previous mythic gear.

Just like set bonuses should not be cross-difficulties.. meaning you need 2pc of the same ilvl to enable the 2pc bonus.

Deleted
    Mythic tier 4 should be less than HC dungeons of Exp 2. Doesn't need to be 20 ilvls, more like 10. Low level quests would start at 710 instead of 700, for example. The rest seems like something I would agree with. MoP to WoD was -> Tier 16 mythic + 60 ilvls (if you exclude upgrades) = HC dungeons, too big of a jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    As a mythic raider, I still have no clue why I have to replace mythic gear by heroic gear every new tier... that is stupid, I should just go straight into mythic with my previous mythic gear.

Just like set bonuses should not be cross-difficulties.. meaning you need 2pc of the same ilvl to enable the 2pc bonus.
    This would only cause Mythic raiders to go into Heroic to farm their 4pc then wait with Mythic 3pc in their bags while they progress to the last tier boss.

OT: I don't mind this idea
    Last edited by Aux; 2016-02-05 at 06:12 PM.

I'll start by saying I kind of like the idea as multiple difficulties was one of the pushing factors for me to quit. I especially agree that there should be outside progression for heroic level loot even if it's the long way around. It doesn't have to be super easy and doable in 1 day. Casual doesn't always mean the player is bad.

However the two issues I see are (unless I've totally misunderstood something)

(a) The dropping less loot thing would be a pain, that's a total callback to Vanilla where it was insanely frustrating having your guild held back by rng. it's not a fun way to make raids last longer and causes massive guild tension when that one item drops every 3+ months. (b) more a question but, what would off-put guilds from still wanting to run the lower difficulties upon release of a new tier to get people decked out in new tier bonuses and powerful trinkets?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    what would off-put guilds from still wanting to run the lower difficulties upon release of a new tier to get people decked out in new tier bonuses and powerful trinkets?
    Yeah that's why mythic tier 1 should probably be higher in iLvl than heroic tier 2, something I did not consider when doing the chart. Let's say it looked like this:
    Tier 1 normal: 720
    Tier 2 normal: 730
    Tier 3 normal: 740
    Tier 1 heroic: 740
    Tier 2 heroic: 750
    Tier 3 heroic: 760
    Tier 1 mythic: 760
    Tier 2 mythic: 770
    Tier 3 mythic: 780

Tier 2 heroic set bonuses and trinkets would still be 10 iLvls behind mythic tier 1, so they wouldn't be an upgrade.

In order for that to work they'd have to cut down on set bonuses and trinket strengths. Or you'd run the risk of a lower difficulty new tier having upgrades despite the 20 ilvl gap. But allround it's not a bad idea and would help curb the insane gear jumps.

Would be nice if the iLvl differences between the tiers were smaller so that all the content still provided somewhat of a challenge throughout the expansion.