Poll: Could the U.S. successfully conquer Canada

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stariv View Post
    Seriously who made this? Look up NATO, this question doesn't even make sense
    The question is kinda stupid.
    Invading means then we'd have to take care of them, and we can't even do that for ourselves.

Oh I think physically they could do it, but the repercussions would be insane.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I don't understand why US, Canada and Mexico just don't become a supernation? We could adapt Canada's social policies, mexicos uhhh infrastructure? And the US economy.
    as some one looking in at america from Canada it seems like it has so many problems that Canada wouldn't want to join up with it i mean mexico i could see but canada is doing pretty good on its own we don't really need the us

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Didn't they try this once before and get their asses kicked?
    not to take this thread seriously, but The U.S. Army has redic size and spending compared to canada, its hard to base an invasion on pass events when things have changed so much.

But no, why lose a friend in Canada?
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2016-02-05 at 04:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Why the hell would we want Canadia?

Gee I don't know at all..... oh wait:

- Oil
    - Pure water
    - vast amount of land unoccupied or undeveloped due to climate. Access to high polar territories to fend off Russia
    - Ridiculous amounts of energy production due to hydro/oleo/aero/geothermal and some nuclear. Expansion of hydro would be simple - if negative environmentally and could generate several hundred more GW.
    - etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    That is why we should only look at impoverished Eastern European, Southeast Asian and Central African countries to conquer .
    Exactly .... :| wait this is really happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Didn't they try this once before and get their asses kicked?

I'm pretty sure you're joking but... things changed in 204 years. A lot.
    Last edited by EventHorizon; 2016-02-05 at 04:19 PM.

Bernie would win Canada, except for Alberta. Alberta is Trump country.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Maybe, but boycotting the U.S. would also cripple the boycotters
    Yeah because everyone's economies will be crippled with out all of the products that the U.S produces, such as:
    1) TV and Movies

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    US would probably lose
    Lolwut? Are you even serious?

10+ Year Old Account
    The U.S. would get it's ass whooped by the mounted police.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    as some one looking in at america from Canada it seems like it has so many problems that Canada wouldn't want to join up with it i mean mexico i could see but canada is doing pretty good on its own we don't really need the us
    Our problems stem from shit social policies. That's why we would put Canada in charge of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our guns would get all jammed up with the frozen maple syrup

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The question is kinda stupid.
    Invading means then we'd have to take care of them, and we can't even do that for ourselves.
    Why wouldn't we just kill them all and take their shit? If you're annexing Canada I doubt you care about Geneva

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Our problems stem from shit social policies. That's why we would put Canada in charge of that.

And now that Harper is out of the off- Oh shit..... VOTE CONSERVATIVE, FAST!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Our guns would get all jammed up with the frozen maple syrup

I don't know what you do with your guns and I don't want to kink shame but there are easier ways to tap a maple tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Lartok View Post
    Yeah because everyone's economies will be crippled with out all of the products that the U.S produces, such as:
    1) TV and Movies
    Not what we produce, what we buy and consume

This is a weird topic of discussion in so many ways. The first way is that you ask two entirely different questions; in the title of the thread you ask if the US should invade and conquer Canada, then in the poll you ask if they could do that. Two very different things. The second way is that you ask a completely irrelevant question as the US would never ever invade Canada... the US is a liberal democracy, so is Canada. Due to that fact the US would never invade Canada. The people would not allow any Commander-in-Chief to do that. So.. should they? No. Could they? Of course.

Deleted
    Not what we produce, what we buy and consume
    The American people will not last long without their comforts and luxuries, that which the USA now exports would be replaced by other countries quick enough. The US Military will win the battles but not the war, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan show what happens when a war gets unpopular with the voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    The American people will not last long without their comforts and luxuries, that which the USA now exports would be replaced by other countries quick enough. The US Military will win the battles but not the war, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan show what happens when a war gets unpopular with the voters.
    The problem I have with your suggestion, is that the US makes up 11% of our export market, but Canada makes up less than 2%, so can we just threaten the US with sanctions but not implement them? Or perhaps take the Yanks' side and impose sanctions on Canada for not being Australia instead?

Deleted
    Why wouldn't we just kill them all and take their shit? If you're annexing Canada I doubt you care about Geneva
    Maybe because it's near to impossible to kill every Canadian at the same time and those that survive the first wave will fight you all the harder?!
    They either surrender and you kill them or they fight and might survive till the rest of the world steps on 'Muricas neck. Don't think for a second that the US can win that kind of war.
    Oh well, there already have been people like that and we all know how that ended EVERY TIME.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-02-05 at 04:44 PM.

Well, the EU would put sanctions on us.

With a free Canada, we have all the benefits of annexing them without actually having to take any responsibility for them.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    US could walk over Canada in a 1v1.

I mean, the US might lose some troops, but Canada. Not a chance.