Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Can't feel sorry for anyone buying from Apple..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I think this is a good idea. It only happens ip the home button is replaced and the home button has the fingerprint reader in it. If it didnt brick the phone, then people who steal phones could replace the home button to bypass the fingerprint being required to access the phone. The only problem I have with it is not warning users about it before updating their software
    You do realize that TouchID has been bypassed by a simple hack?. iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s are both susceptible to the same hack used on the iPhone 5c. If someone wanted to bypass the fingerprint lock, replacing the entire button is a LOT more work then making a fake finger print, especially how many fingers prints will be around the phone due to its surface. Anyone thinking that it's "security" really needs to re-evaluate.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2016-02-05 at 11:51 PM.

Get an Android phone and save yourself the bullshit from Apple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Their cloud is quite secure if you dont use weak ass passwords or make your secret question answers obvious
    Their cloud is, but u can still access it through stolen information from the phone, like how they did with the celebrities and secret questions are often received through social engeenering more than anything else(if they aren't obvious ofcourse).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    You do realize that TouchID has been bypassed by a simple hack?. iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s are both susceptible to the same hack used on the iPhone 5c. If someone wanted to bypass the fingerprint lock, replacing the entire button is a LOT more work then making a fake finger print, especially how many fingers prints will be around the phone due to its surface. Anyone thinking that it's "security" really needs to re-evaluate.
    Is this the hack? If you happen to find an iPhone it would be very hard to find the person to get a copy of their fingerprint. Replacing the sensor all together doesn't require you to find the golden finger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Is this the hack? If you happen to find an iPhone it would be very hard to find the person to get a copy of their fingerprint. Replacing the sensor all together doesn't require you to find the golden finger.
    Yes, also, replacing the sensor would still require their finger. Afaik the sensor doesn't have any internal memory, it's stored in the OS, so replacing the sensor wouldn't do anything, you would still need a way to change the data inside the OS to accept a completely different fingerprint.

Edit : Yes, the fingerprint is stored on SoC, so no, replacing the sensor would do nothing.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2016-02-06 at 12:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Yes, also, replacing the sensor would still require their finger. Afaik the sensor doesn't have any internal memory, it's stored in the OS, so replacing the sensor wouldn't do anything, you would still need a way to change the data inside the OS to accept a completely different fingerprint.

Edit : Yes, the fingerprint is stored on SoC, so no, replacing the sensor would do nothing.
    I really don't know why Apple would cause this error with an aftermarket sensor then. Nobody knows enough about iOS and this sensor to determine what caused Apple to go and lock these devices. There has to be a way to identify the device so there must be some sort of IC chip in it. There is this article I found.

"Apple Pairs Every Touch ID Sensor To Its A7 Chip To Make Them Super Secure"

Happens to the best of them. I don't buy Apple product because I dislike their OS and design. I would never let a bug (no matter how major) with the software make me think down on a company servicing this many products, BUT it does appear really embarrassing.

But burned at the stake? This isn't the 1600s. That does not happen in 2016.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

well if you're dumb enough to keep buying their stuff you only have yourself to blame

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    But burned at the stake? This isn't the 1600s. That does not happen in 2016.
    It's an idiom, it's not meant literally.