Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Great observation. No more silly financial Quarter threads and ... subscription posts

In just a few days ATVI will present their financial Q report ... and not a word on this forum.

What a relief after a decade of brainless posts... ☺

Finally people understand these are FINANCIAL reports. Have fun playing along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    In just a few days ATVI will present their financial Q report ... and not a word on this forum.

Well, some people find it an interest, and some just follows it to spurt it the thematic death of the game etc.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Meh, we'll get a bunch of "It sure is convenient how they don't report subscription numbers anymore, amirite?"-posts instead, it's not so easy to stem the "WoW is dying because [random problem with PvP/LfR/raids/non-raid content/balancing]"-sentiment...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It'll just be blizzard trying to desperately insist that they're doing well despite dropping 50% of their subs this expansion alone.

I'm expecting a downward spiral until the pre patch anyway, blizzard hiding it doesn't make the failure of WoD any less true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It'll just be blizzard trying to desperately insist that they're doing well despite dropping 50% of their subs this expansion alone.

I'm expecting a downward spiral until the pre patch anyway, blizzard hiding it doesn't make the failure of WoD any less true.
    Think it should've been hidden as soon as they hit high in Wrath, none of our business overall, but was fun to follow.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Financial reports always contain non-financial information that relates to the health of the business. Blizzard are really just reducing transparency by not releasing sub numbers. They will report something related to "engagement" so that they can massage it into something positive. So your last point holds no merit since the FINANCIAL report will still contain non-financial information *mind blown*

It's also ironic that you lament a decade of brainless posts and yet you opened up a thread that is just that.

Deleted
    Subs are down, revenue is up, hurray for stockholders, game itself is fucked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Financial reports always contain non-financial information that relates to the health of the business. Blizzard are really just reducing transparency by not releasing sub numbers. They will report something related to "engagement" so that they can massage it into something positive. So your last point holds no merit since the FINANCIAL report will still contain non-financial information *mind blown*

It's also ironic that you lament a decade of brainless posts and yet you opened up a thread that is just that.
    What they don't want you to know is that subs are down but revenue is up - the rinsing has begun in earnest.

I find it interesting that no other sub based MMO has ever announced official subscriber numbers on a consistent and regular basis and those companies have never been attacked for a lack of transparency. To the game is dying and will be worse off because subs are dropping crowd, there are plenty of MMOs out there that had dwindling numbers that people still enjoy today. The core base will still enjoy themselves. If others do not, that is ok too. WoW will be around for a long time to come. It does not need to bring in 10M a month to survive. All that did was allow Blizzard the comfort to work on other big projects and take chances with othere genres. 4-5 is easily far above the break even point for any MMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I find it interesting that no other sub based MMO has ever announced official subscriber numbers on a consistent and regular basis and those companies have never been attacked for a lack of transparency. To the game is dying and will be worse off because subs are dropping crowd, there are plenty of MMOs out there that had dwindling numbers that people still enjoy today. The core base will still enjoy themselves. If others do not, that is ok too. WoW will be around for a long time to come. It does not need to bring in 10M a month to survive. All that did was allow Blizzard the comfort to work on other big projects and take chances with othere genres. 4-5 is easily far above the break even point for any MMO.
    Game will survive just fine. Theres enough fan boys and people who just pay their sub every month (and now theres whales as well).

The problem for longterm fans is that if sub declines won't get them to stop churning out substandard product, then if you'd like the glory days to come back, you have to face up to the uncomfortable truth that its just not going to happen. Its facebook games and mount cash shop bollocks from here on out, and not much else.

Deleted

Blizzard's not just made up of WoW though.

Whats worse, never reporting something or only reporting something when it suits you and stopping when it doesn't?

ITT, we pretend that sub numbers have no correlation with players outlook on the current state of the game.

It's BenBos, a catastrophic lack of self awareness is par for the course.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If the game would do well, they would still post numbers. I'm not a hater, still subbed, but that is no secret that never played less people than now
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

I find it interesting that no other sub based MMO has ever announced official subscriber numbers on a consistent and regular basis and those companies have never been attacked for a lack of transparency.
    Nah luckily we have enough clowns running around here making up numbers for those titles instead

I maintain the same view I've always had since day one of me playing WoW for the first time ever back in Feb 2005...I don't understand the people that get so serious about the sub numbers (one way or the other btw)...I never have. Unless you are a stockholder or you work for Blizzard... your common sense should be all you need to decide for yourself if the game is worth staying with or if you think its "dying". Part of that common sense is "hey this game is really fun and the in-game friends I have are still enjoying it...no matter what others say I'm sticking with this game" OR "Man this game is boring as all hell and all my friends I use to play with are bailing out in droves...I think I'm done after my sub runs out."....either way make your decision to stay with the game or to leave it on THAT type of information -- not sub numbers. I mean unless you like having a lemming "follow the crowd, if they jump off the bridge I will too"ype mentality. Personally I've always made my own mind and was never a follower type.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    WoW is still their top grossing game It still makes a lot more money than any other of their games, including Hearthstone. (Of course, it's also very likely their most expensive game to maintain/support, but still.)

It might not be the colossus it once was, but it still was the 4th top grossing pc game and 5th top grossing video game in 2015.

You not having liked it does not make it a failure, at least not on the finnancial side of things

(https://www.superdataresearch.com/bl...-games-market/)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mytheros View Post
    I don't understand the people that get so serious about the sub numbers (one way or the other btw)...I never have. Unless you are a stockholder or you work for Blizzard... your common sense should be all you need to decide for yourself if the game is worth staying with or if you think its "dying".
    People looking for confirmation, imo.

From both sides, for isntance:
    "I love this game, and it being so popular means I'm right and it's the best game ever!"
    "I don't like WoW anymore, and so many other people are leaving, which means I'm right."

It's very easy to think badly and be negative when looking at stuff you don't like (and trying to confirm the "majority" shares your opinion) and the opposite for stuff you do like. I think it goes hand in hand with imaginary "groups". Like "my favorite sports team won, I'm awesome because I support that team! Everyone who supports that team is awesome!" and other similar things from nationalities, to philosophy and politics. Humans just internally assume they're right and search for any possible explanations to justify their tastes and opinions. Confirmation bias is quite natural and instinctive in most people.

I agree though, it's ok to not like something popular, just like it's ok to like something unpopular. No one needs anyone else's confirmation but their own. If you like it enjoy it, if you don't like it don't play it.

Deleted
    And if they turned off WoW today Blizzard would still do fine cause at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    (also Diablo, SC, HS, HotS and soon OV)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    If the game would do well, they would still post numbers.
    Or they stoped doin it cause 11(!) years of WoW has proven it will have allways ENOUGH subs....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    WoW is still their top grossing game It still makes a lot more money than any other of their games, including Hearthstone.
    Source for that CLAIM?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Source for that CLAIM?
    It's in the post

You don´t understand, they have a 3%-drop sales, WOW IS DYING