Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Warcraft: Ultimate Movie Package

Warcraft Movie Rewards
    A user on Reddit shared a survey that went out about the Warcraft movie. It mentioned an offer that would reward anyone who purchased a ticket with a copy of all expansions through Warlords of Draenor, one month of game time, and an in-game item.

seeing this on the front page made me kinda have a wtf moment. i dont know if this survey went to WoW fans, or to people in general. if it went to WoW fans, then why on Earth would you need all the expansions to date?

do we not already own those expansions for the most part?

sure sure some people may have refused to buy the past 2 expansions but i have to think they are in a minority.

i just am kinda shocked Blizzard would think us fans would even need copies of those expansions. it does nothing to excite me or entice me into buying a ticket. it actually appears as though i would be getting a bunch of new shinies, when pretty much the whole right side of that list may as well be blank.

• a month of game time? okie dokie. (would rather have a game token that i could give away or sell on the AH)
    • some Exclusive in game item? we are getting a bit closer but would really depend on the item.

i think they should remove the right side of this survey from their minds and refocus on the left side and how to make that more appealing.

• why not give us a voucher to redeem at the Blizzard Gear store, for a free tshirt or sweater perhaps?

What kind of reward would you ~as fans~ like to have?
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2016-02-05 at 06:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Heh Interesting. That's certainly some money hit they are willing to take to capture the souls of new players.

I'm honestly not sure what in game reward they could give for a movie based on Warcraft 1.

Also, wtf is a Litch King.

Deleted
    Wrath of the Litch King.. ?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you thought it through a bit more you'd obviously come to the conclusion that the battle chest is for new people.

Litch King?
    Leech King?
    Lick King?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    If you thought it through a bit more you'd obviously come to the conclusion that the battle chest is for new people.
    And seeing as the movie will probably bring new people to the game it's an obvious choice here, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    and if you have read my post fully, you would see i wanted to know if that survey went to fans or new people. if it went to fans.. then im doubting very much that they are new people.

and as fans, given most of us already have all the past expansions, what would be more enticing than free copies of games we already have?

also: lol @ Litch King. glad i didnt type up the survey, but many people have caught that blaring typo instantly.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't for people already playing. It's a way to entice moviegoers who may have never even heard of Warcraft before to give the game a try.

Like 2 seconds of thought would have answered the "for fans or not" question man.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Well it works from multiple angles. (a) entices a bunch of people to buy Legion who otherwise wouldn't (even if they just stay for a month and only spend box price) they otherwise wouldn't have played so Blizzard isn't losing anything (b) People will want that in-game item enough to see the movie when they otherwise wouldn't have bothered.

Finally and most importantly they don't have to give a single thing away so no one can complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    and if you have read my post fully, you would see i wanted to know if that survey went to fans or new people. if it went to fans.. then im doubting very much that they are new people.

and as fans, given most of us already have all the past expansions, what would be more enticing than free copies of games we already have?
    The item that they haven't announced yet? Just becuase you already have past expansions doesn't mean that they shouldn't include them for new people. If you just wanted to make a speculation thread, it came across differently to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Heh Interesting. That's certainly some money hit they are willing to take to capture the souls of new players.

I'm honestly not sure what in game reward they could give for a movie based on Warcraft 1.

I can absolutely be satisfied with an in-game Travis Fimmel mini-pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Well it works from multiple angles. (a) entices a bunch of people to buy Legion who otherwise wouldn't (even if they just stay for a month and only spend box price) they otherwise wouldn't have played so Blizzard isn't losing anything (b) People will want that in-game item enough to see the movie when they otherwise wouldn't have bothered.

Finally and most importantly they don't have to give a single thing away so no one can complain.
    i guess im sorta complaining a bit, but im not trying to sound entitled. you are absolutely right, they dont have to give anything away. but since they posted the survey, they asked the question first. i dont use reddit and was curious who were the recipients of this survey.. mostly (or all) typical moviegoers unaffiliated or unaware of the game.. or were they mostly fans with current or past accounts?

then secondly no matter what, and the last line of my OP: as a fan what sort of freebies would you like to see instead of a battlechest?

- - - Updated - - -

The item that they haven't announced yet? Just becuase you already have past expansions doesn't mean that they shouldn't include them for new people. If you just wanted to make a speculation thread, it came across differently to be honest.
    im not really concerned with "speculation" threads. im more interested in a sort of "either/or" discussion.

all of those listed expansions for me as a fan makes it look as though id get a bunch of stuff, but i really wouldnt. so how about a choice? either the battlechest (for new people) or some other item separate from what was listed for people that already have the expansions.

again... as a fan... what sort of replacement freebie would you like to see since those of us on this site most likely have all the expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    sure sure some people may have refused to buy the past 2 expansions but i have to think they are in a minority.
    Anyone that owns the base WoW game also owns all expansions up the last one. Once Legion is out WoD will also become free with the base game. So actually the majority of WoW account own all expansions except for WoD.

As a fan, I hope we can add all those rewards to an existing account. With all the RaF accounts I have, I can't even add another one and as a long time p(l)ayer, I feel I should at least get that month and the item (pet?). It shouldn't just be for new players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Anyone that owns the base WoW game also owns all expansions up the last one. Once Legion is out WoD will also become free with the base game. So actually the majority of WoW account own all expansions except for WoD.
    well there you go. thank you for clarification. ive always bought every expansion as it has released, so i dont know the full details of a battlechest.

i assume if any sort of freebie package does happen, that it would be open to all who attend the movie (even though the survey may have only been sent to people without WoW accounts).

since they sent this survey out, then clearly they wanted feedback, im simply trying to make my suggestion as an active player that already owns those expansions, id like the choice between a battlechest and some other item of equal or lesser value ie: a tshirt from the blizzard store perhaps.

and then i was curious what others would like to see if they had a choice?

With the in-game reward and free month of playtime, this deal (assuming it doesn't cost more than the price of a ticket) is for new and old players, imo.

Really, what this is is a play to drive up ticket sales so the the Box Office numbers look even better than they might have without the deal.

Would be pretty nice if you want to create a 2nd account.
    It is basically like a demo of all the expansions except for the new one. Try these and if you like them buy legion and more game time.
    Last edited by Nihilist74; 2016-02-05 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    With the in-game reward and free month of playtime, this deal (assuming it doesn't cost more than the price of a ticket) is for new and old players, imo.

Really, what this is is a play to drive up ticket sales so the the Box Office numbers look even better than they might have without the deal.
    totally plausible on both points. if assuming the "old players" no longer play. im an old player that still plays and a battlechest bundle doesnt quite hit the mark for me. but i would love the option for something else, something not digital.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would expect that the in-game item will be available to all accounts, but everything else will not be. It's basically just the Battle Chest, which comes with a free month of game time but only for a new account, and I think the free month mentioned is the same thing, so you won't be able to claim it for an existing account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post

It's not really a money hit when you are giving away digital content to people who most likely would never have bought the game in the first place if they hadn't bought it after 10 years.