Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    250ish attempts farmed on 7 toons. Once I got it, I mounted it, saw how tiny it was and never used it again...

Deleted
    Three tries

Deleted
    I farm all my mounts on 1 char.. cba doing it on more chars.

So yea, my armory:
    228 Kael'thas Sunstrider kills (Tempest Keep) 1 day ago

Going strong!

One run every single week on 9 characters for ~6 months, then I went "meh this is bullshit" and left it. Ran it again last month for the first time since mop started because I was looking for the twinblade of the phoenix for my pally, got the goddamn ashes instead

Pretty typical to get it after all those tries, just one more run, and id have had it. Rng is a bitch sometimes

There is a 36% chance that you will not see a 1% drop in 100 kills. There is a 14% chance that you will not see a 1% drop in 200 kills, which is pretty close to four years at once per week. There's about an 8% chance of not seeing it after 250 kills, which is more than once/week for 4.5 years.

Are you unlucky? Yes, somewhat; you're in the bottom 10th percentile or so. But that still means that if 1000 people are gunning for this mount right now, there's about 80 of you who will be in the same circumstance. No conspiracy or GM hatred required.

I do have to say that I admire the perseverance of people who work this hard for something. There's nothing in this game I care enough about to work on for 4.5 years, even if it only takes 10-15 minutes per week.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

i got it after farming on 10 characters for like technically 2 weeks. first week, all 10 characters. after reset, i got it the second try.

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    There is a 36% chance that you will not see a 1% drop in 100 kills. There is a 14% chance that you will not see a 1% drop in 200 kills, which is pretty close to four years at once per week. There's about an 8% chance of not seeing it after 250 kills, which is more than once/week for 4.5 years.

Are you unlucky? Yes, somewhat; you're in the bottom 10th percentile or so. But that still means that if 1000 people are gunning for this mount right now, there's about 80 of you who will be in the same circumstance. No conspiracy or GM hatred required.

I do have to say that I admire the perseverance of people who work this hard for something. There's nothing in this game I care enough about to work on for 4.5 years, even if it only takes 10-15 minutes per week.
    Yeah I knew I was pretty unlucky with RNG. I'm in the unluckiest player category =(
    Howl to the stars wishing I could be one....