Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Al'ar how long have you been farming?

I'm intrigued -and somewhat angered- by how this mount doesn't drop for me.

I've trying Tempest Keep for almost 4 years and a half and haven't seen it drop. I tried to farm with several characters and nothing. Some say I have pretty horrible RNG as it should have dropped long time ago. But doesn't seems right, maybe a GM doesn't want me to get it. The funny part is that my best friend got it in les than a month and he has this amazing RNG for mount drops that he gets them in almost first tries to couple of weeks.

Even though I got othet raid drop mounts that I even was not actively farming to get but Al'ar has become a real pain.

Is it there anyone else farming the damn Phoenix for as long as me? I've been thinking to make a ticket because four years of tries doesn't seem right.
    Last edited by Ayazaki1218; 2016-02-05 at 08:20 PM.
    Howl to the stars wishing I could be one....

Random is random, my server only saw 1 drop during all of BC and it took me from BC until 2 years ago with a small break in there to get it. Probably 300 kills total across all my guys that were doing that run.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

You say 4 and a half years but...have you really been killing him every week for that long? If you have then you are quite possibly the most unlucky player in wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    I went with a friend of mine, he farmed it since end of TBC/Wrath, I started at Cata. We start farming together, it dropped on like the 3rd run.

I won the roll.

Besides the actual runs during BC, I was farming for it on 4 characters a week for however many years it's been solo-able now, and I got it back in September. So it had to be hundreds of runs. It took me about 5 months of actively farming for Mimiron's Head to get it, and still never got Invincible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayazaki1218 View Post
    I'm intrigued -and somewhat angered- by how this mount doesn't drop for me.

I've trying Tempest Keep for almost 4 years and a half and haven't seen it drop. I tried to farm with several characters and nothing. Some say I have pretty horrible RNG as it should have dropped long time ago. But doesn't seems right, maybe a GM doesn't want me to get it. The funny part is that my best friend got it in les than a month and he has this amazing RNG for mount drops that he gets them in almost first tries to couple of weeks.

Even though I got othet raid drop mounts that I even was not actively farming to get but Al'ar has become a real pain.

Is it there anyone else farming the damn Phoenix for as long as me? I've been thinking to make a ticket because four years of tries doesn't seem right.

21 solo tries over a span of just under 6 months, however, the mount in Kara took me 823 tries and Invincible took me 157 tries. So, maybe you had good luck somewhere else on mounts.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got mine in 2012, IIRC.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    You say 4 and a half years but...have you really been killing him every week for that long? If you have then you are quite possibly the most unlucky player in wow.
    Yes I have each week reset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    21 solo tries over a span of just under 6 months, however, the mount in Kara took me 823 tries and Invincible took me 157 tries. So, maybe you had good luck somewhere else on mounts.
    Well when I'm raiding and something useful for my Hunter drops I usually win the roll with insane high numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Got it on my first try on my Monk, so I havn't been farming it for years!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Got it on my first try on my Monk, so I havn't been farming it for years!!!
    Yeah I have mixed feelings towards people that get mounts on their first try.

Took me about a year of active farming. Starting with one character and got up to four before it dropped.

That's insane that you have been farming for four years with nothing. =\

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 20 kills of Keal'thas in the statistics of my main char and have the mount. Did it with some alts, but not really many times. Attumen's mount took me 3 tries. Still farming the mounts in Firelands, ICC, Ulduar and so on.

None, its pretty much the least attractive of all the rare mounts in the game.
    Its REALLY poor compared to the rare mounts that are from MoP and WoD. Not worth the time.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I got it the first time I did TK :x Was leveling my Hunter for the first time, halfway through Mists and stopped at level 80 to gear for Herald of the Titans. So much salt was spilt that day in guild.
    Sig by Winter Blossom

Got Ashes last week on my 76th kill of Kael.

I got mine fairly easily after I started farming probably less than 100 attempts using 8 toons in total. When it dropped I was super excited ran out of the instance, mounted up and flew around and 30 seconds later realized those streamers coming off the wings are really fucking annoying when you are actually moving.

I got it on my second solo kill early on in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayazaki1218 View Post
    Well when I'm raiding and something useful for my Hunter drops I usually win the roll with insane high numbers.
    There is where your luck might be... I admit to getting Thoridal my first time on one of my hunters and one of the glaives in BT first time... so I think I am playing for that luck with the insane grinds for some of my mount collection.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ran it the first time and got it. Guild went in and did it for fun to see if we could get it drop. Dropped a second time. I had two of them and then gave it to one of them after they rerolled.

I typically end up getting rare items instead of the items I'm trying to get when doing xmog runs. Both Warglaives and Thoridal. Yet I don't have complete xmog sets from the respective dungeons...

Took me two and a half years and 216 kills to get Ashes.
    I think it was my highest 1% drop rate mount kill count apart from maybe Invincible.
    Oh and Experiment 12-B. I probably had almost 300 kills of that before it dropped (if I include all the kills I had raiding in Cata - saw it drop once in a raid and it got ninja'd)

These 0.1% world boss mounts are busting my figurative balls, however (see below for attempt counts).
    And the Infinite Timereaver took me 850ish kills to get, but that's considered 'low' compared to other people's kill counts.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple