Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Question What to do when banished in Archimonde

I play a rouge and am not clear on what I should be doing if I get banished with the Tank.
    Do I stay on the main mob there or attack the adds.

When I try to attack the adds they often bounce me off the platform.

Somehow I just don't get this mechanic.

Any relevant tips would be appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    You attack the main mob.. some ranged should be going down with you to kill the orb before it blows the melee off the platform, also Archi heals for 5% if less than 3 players are banished.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

You shouldn't really do this unless your ranged suck, but you can attack the orb as long as it's not targeting you.

But as a melee you basically tunnel the big mob and rotate interrupts with 1 other person(probably the tank), while not standing in the aoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    The small orbs fixate on 1 player, and try to hit that player. If that player gets hit, then that player and anyone right nearby when it hits get flung off the platform. You can stay on after getting hit through some class mechanics like blink for mages. As a rogue you could possibly shadowstep to the big add if you were quick enough when you get hit? Not sure.

As a melee you shouldn't have to worry about damaging the small adds, just the big one. But just watch for if you are targeted by the orb or if its near the person who it is targeting (there's a line from it to the person). If you are in a normal or higher group then I'd assume that the person making banish groups would be smart enough to mix ranged/melee in the groups so you don't have all melee. On LFR it automatically pulls people in though right? I have no idea if it specifically takes a certain number of ranged/melee or not in that case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, LFR randomly decides who goes in. I've stood in the banish and not got sucked in, and I've also heard (a LOT) of complaining from people not in banish getting put in.

DPS big add, interrupt its casts, and move out of the AoE damage circles on the ground. If you don't have ranged DPS in there (or a lot of DPS in general) you may need to help kill the spark as long as its not targeting you. Kite if it is targetting you, and dont stand by anyone who it is about to hit.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, that gives me a better idea on what to do then.

My instinct was to stay on the big add, but the first time I was there, a tank had a fit and raged that everyone should take out the sparks