Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Only thing I hate about pvp (as a caster) is: stun - silence - stun - silence - dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP can't be balanced because it's an MMO RPG. Can't make everyone happy by making different specs viable and, well different

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Oh god, I've never seen nostalgia goggles on this tight before.

It was never balanced. I've never heard of an MMO with PvP that was all that balanced. PvP in MMO is itself a joke from a balance standpoint.

Thats why MMO PvP is usually judged on fun, rather than competitiveness. WAR and DAoC have/had very fun PvP. But balanced? lolno
    Hey, poly+hakkar trinket+pyro+pom+pyro was totally balanced! These scrubs brought it on themselves by having less than 4k hp
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    PvP can't be balanced because it's an MMO RPG. Can't make everyone happy by making different specs viable and, well different

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, poly+hakkar trinket+pyro+pom+pyro was totally balanced! These scrubs brought it on themselves by having less than 4k hp
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezorus View Post
    Only class that should have self healing is healers and then take away or give them really weak damage so in a dps vs healer neither can kill the other without being better skill wise
    spoken like a hunter..

Deleted
    My biggest gripes about WoW PvP: Heals, mobility and CC.

1. CC
    Woop de doo, this is seriously out of hand, not every class should have a stun or slow. It's perfectly fine for some classes to be different.

2. Mobility
    Every class gets a mobility ability, what's the point of mobility in the first place? Makes classes feel less unique. BAD.

3. Healers
    A healer should never EVER be able to outheal a single DPS. Healers should be valued as something that needs to be protected to be able to gain a benefit from, not something that is almost unkillable solo and auto-include in every 3v3 arena setup.

My suggestions?
    - Remove the amount of CC / Mobility drastically across the board. Warriors should have their charges, and rogues should have their sprint, but lest of the classes should be re-evaluated.
    - Reduce the effect of instant heals in PvP by 80%, reduce the effect of fast cast time heals by 65%, REMOVE fake casting.
    Last edited by mmoc397e28de05; 2016-02-10 at 05:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summoner2 View Post
    My biggest gripes about WoW PvP: Heals, mobility and CC.

1. CC
    Woop de doo, this is seriously out of hand, not every class should have a stun or slow. It's perfectly fine for some classes to be different.

2. Mobility
    Every class gets a mobility ability, what's the point of mobility in the first place? Makes classes feel less unique. BAD.

3. Healers
    A healer should never EVER be able to outheal a single DPS. Healers should be valued as something that needs to be protected to be able to gain a benefit from, not something that is almost unkillable solo and auto-include in every 3v3 arena setup.

My suggestions?
    - Remove the amount of CC / Mobility drastically across the board. Warriors should have their charges, and rogues should have their sprint, but lest of the classes should be re-evaluated.
    - Reduce the effect of instant heals in PvP by 80%, reduce the effect of fast cast time heals by 65%, REMOVE fake casting.
    CC: Yea, its getting out of hand.

Mobility: Either you have mobility or you dont. Reducing mobility would require a rewamp of all spells with any kind of slow or root.

Healers: A healer that cant outheal a single DPS. WTF would be the point then?

Reduce the effect of instant heals in PvP by 80%, reducing effect of fast cast by 65% - So basically removing healers from pvp? Okay then.
    REMOVE fake casting - ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Omg healers juked me, better whine about it instead of learning to play.

You can balance the game (although not perfectly).

Devs are not balancing the game (either intentionally or because of incompetence)

And I don't know how pvp can be fun without balance (unless you are playing FOTM)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    And I don't know how pvp can be fun without balance (unless you are playing FOTM)
    I'm convinced, with how ridiculously easy & fast it has been made to level up alts, that this is precisely part of their intention. Even though WoD differed from every expansion, there wasn't really any pendulum power swinging going on. Shit specs stayed shit. Good specs stayed good.

I don't suspect that'll be the case in Legion, lest Blizzard maintains the lax/lazy approach to attempt balancing issues. But regardless, I really do think that's a huge reason why they've opened up access to having 5+ alts for most players. So when one of their classes are shit, they probably have at least a decent one to fall back on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd actually give every class / spec a way to heal themselves (self-healing only, not healing others) and remove dedicated healers from PvP altogether. If every class and spec has a way to heal themselves, this or other, why do we need healers in PvP after all?

Of course, removing dedicated healers from PvP would also require to adjust CC; in a no-healing-others environment Rogue stunlocks, etc. would instantly become overpowered. I think that, generally, every class should have one instant CC with a considerable cooldown and one casted / channeled CC, with a shorter CD. Rogue / Mage should have one more, group CC perhaps. Spammable CC has to go.

Blizzard already went towards this direction since Cata, giving self-heal to pure DPS classes like Mages, Hunters, etc... but stopped in the middle, making healers in WoD absurdly strong.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2016-02-14 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderson View Post
    World of Warcraft PvP is often considered one of, if not THE most laughable attempt at PvP being a balanced and interesting endeavour in all it's years of existence.

And this is because of one simple thing; Healers.

In any other logical game, the "Support" class is often weak and frail, promoting synergy with tougher allies for the use of blocking, peeling and defending them. They are rewarded for their skilled use of mechanics to avoid dying and in turn keep their allies from dying.
    Your entire point was made invalid to me as of your first few sentences. If you had ANY MMO exp OTHER then WoW, you would know a healing archetype and support archetype are two completely different things. (Support in the past is represented most commonly via Bard however if we go back to EQ days the Enchanter would be another example. The closest WoW ever had to this archetype was Shaman's in classic and spilling slightly over to BC)

However on a constructive note, your first point in your 3 bullets can be agreed upon. Healers SHOULD heal themselves for less concerning PvP. 50% is a bit much and since I am not a mathematician I couldn't tell you the exact percent.... nonetheless the premise of this point is accurate and agreed upon.