Need some help with SimulationCraft

So, I was trying to test out something and it wouldn't work in the Simulator. It appears that tier bonuses aren't in the program past 14 or something. Does anyone know how I can manually input the 30 seconds CD reduction on vanish from the nightslayer 3 pc?

No idea how to get set bonuses to work, but you could try adding
    override.spell_data=spell.1856.cooldown=60000
    into the overrides tab to give vanish 60 second CD (I assume you are talking about sub, would be 90000 for assn/combat)
    edit: Now that I think about it, I'm not sure how simcraft handles the draenor perks so it might be 90000 for all specs.
    Last edited by Xaryen; 2016-02-06 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks for the help! Got some pretty interesting results(598 iLvL > 721 iLvL), but can't post links here sadly. Just PM me if you want the links.
    Last edited by Ghettomagic; 2016-02-06 at 04:54 PM.

You can just post the link here and separate it with a space or something btw. Definitely an interesting idea that should be further looked into considering how strong vanish for sub is currently.

imgur. com /a/pOS1e - That's with the 3 pc of nightslayer

imgur. com/a/beCqG - That's my normal Ilvl 721 setup

I'm interested if the benefit would be better for lower iLvl, like LFR/Normal tier. Or better for mythic where the uptime of Deathly Hallows 30% more dmg proc could be more beneficial to you, as you have more dmg output.

Also, my armory for reference. us.battle. net/wow/en/character/skywall/Ghettomagic/simple.
    Last edited by Ghettomagic; 2016-02-06 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettomagic View Post
    imgur.com/a/pOS1e - That's with the 3 pc of nightslayer

imgur.com/a/beCqG - That's my normal Ilvl 721 setup
    Having trouble replicating those results, did you use the 90s override? Testing it now that seems to be the correct one since simcraft applies the draenor perks during the sim, so if you use 60s it will make vanish effectively a 30sec cooldown, which is of course completely broken. Also you aren't using glyph of vanish(you should) for some reason, but that shouldnt significantly alter the results to the degree I'm seeing.

What do you mean? override.spell_data=spell.1856.cooldown=60000 makes it 60 second cooldown, no?

Yeah, some of my glyphs and talents were a bit wonky from messing around. Fixed them now and triple checking the sim with the 60sec vanish / 3 pc

Fixed up glyphs n what not, got 90869 dps for the nightslayer & 88448 dps for my normal setup
    Last edited by Ghettomagic; 2016-02-06 at 07:04 PM.

Yes but that's before applying the "Enhanced Vanish" Draenor perk, simcraft applies it and takes the 60s as the basic cooldown (instead of 120s) and that makes it into 30 sec cooldown (instead of 60s as you want for perk+set bonus)

Regularly vanish is 1.5m. With T1 it's 1m. Kinda confused what I should set the CD as then.

It isn't, that's the thing, regular Vanish is 2 minutes, its the Enhanced Vanish perk that Subtlety has that lowers it to 90s but that perk gets applied separately and you want to alter the basic cooldown, from 2 min to 1,5 min so its 1 min after applying the perk.
    meaning you want to use:
    override.spell_data=spell.1856.cooldown=90000

No, the perk makes it 90 seconds. I'm testing it in-game atm.

With nightslayer it's 60 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

I was just running my normal set without any overrides and letting it go normally. When I use override.spell_data=spell.1856.cooldown=60000 I get 90869 DPS. When I use override.spell_data=spell.1856.cooldown=90000 I only get 76199 DPS

- - - Updated - - -

I was just running my normal set without any overrides and letting it go normally. When I use override.spell_data=spell.1856.cooldown=60000 I get 90869 DPS. When I use override.spell_data=spell.1856.cooldown=90000 I only get 76199 DPS
    I think you're misunderstanding in which order the perks get applied. The Enhanced Vanish perk gets applied automatically just by having a level 100 character, so you only need to reduce it to 90 sec CD "manually" to apply the T1 3set.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

- - - Updated - - -

What Xaryen is trying to say is that SumCraft does not support Tier1 bonus. So in order to force SimCraft to actually work how you want it to work you need to change "basic"(for SimC) Vanish cooldown to 1 min 30 seconds effectively applying Tier1 bonus.

Yeah, I did that now. I was under the impression I just need to set it to 1 minute for the Bonus, not 1m 30 because of the draenor perk. Makes much more sense

76k seems about correct, testing with several different gear setups, using T1 3 set always resulted in a decent dps loss.
    Also you can look at the sim where you use the 60000s override and you will see that Vanish has ~20s intervals between casts(in the "Simple Action Stats" table).

Yeah, I just assumed the extra CP generation + 1m CD made it that way. The slight increase in vanishes is confusing for cutting off 30 seconds though. Guess not as drastic as I thought
    Last edited by Ghettomagic; 2016-02-06 at 07:39 PM.