Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Battleground Exp while leveling needs to be buffed.

Idk why this is still incredibly slow. You gain basically a few quests worth of exp from WINNING a bg and losing a bg rewards you with almost nothing.

Why can't bg's between 10-90 just offer one bg per level if you win and if you lose, you get like 20% of a level? I mean dungeon runs that take 10-15 minutes give you one level yet bg's don't? Why?

I get it that they want to force us to level through their current expac content, but old leveling content should be optional for those that want to PvP their character all the way to 90 EFFICIENTLY.

I would actually do low level PvP if the exp gains were actually worth it.

Probably because bots. Thats Blizzards fall back excuse on pvp and progression in general - bots. Rather than deal with them, they'd instead just punish the whole player base by not adding content.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's bot scripts for questing too.

Blizzard doesn't even care about leveling anymore and they've trivialized it to the point that it shouldn't even matter if you can skip dungeons/questing in favor of PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    There's bot scripts for questing too.

Blizzard doesn't even care about leveling anymore and they've trivialized it to the point that it shouldn't even matter if you can skip dungeons/questing in favor of PvP.
    You're right, there is bots for that. You're making the mistake thinking that blizzard are consistent with their logic. They are far from it. Like I said, 'because bots' is their cop out answer. You can interoperate 'because bots' on a 1:1 likeness to "cba".

Where ever you find one firm line of reasoning by Blizzard, you can find another case where it completely contradicts it. You pointed one out, another would be the cognitive dissonance around the "if players could transmog legendaries, everyone would be wearing them", followed by giving everyone a legendary for hitting 100 and doing LFR. You can go one further and talk about the prestige point. "if people can transmog to legendaries, it will ruin their prestige". Followed by adding challenge mode gear that has no use other than transmog for prestige.

7+ Year Old Account
    Leveling in dungeons will most likely be better than any other form of leveling in World of Warcraft.
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonsoul View Post
    Leveling in dungeons will most likely be better than any other form of leveling in World of Warcraft.
    I cannot imagine anything more soul crushing than a new player being invited to play WoW by a friend, and having him jump into a queue at 15 and not be out of a queue or dungeon until 90. I would actually prefer a jail sentence of a week than doing that for a week.

I think thats why RaF is such a flawed system. Players that have played a few months turn into efficiency fiends. They take any choice out of leveling for the new player by telling them outright "what you are doing is wrong / slow / way less effective". Its much funner to just play how you want the first time through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    I cannot imagine anything more soul crushing than a new player being invited to play WoW by a friend, and having him jump into a queue at 15 and not be out of a queue or dungeon until 90. I would actually prefer a jail sentence of a week than doing that for a week.

I think thats why RaF is such a flawed system. Players that have played a few months turn into efficiency fiends. They take any choice out of leveling for the new player by telling them outright "what you are doing is wrong / slow / way less effective". Its much funner to just play how you want the first time through.
    Quests are typically faster 60+ though. TBC, WotLK, Cata, and MoP dungeons give lower experience per run time relative to level than 15-60 dungeons do.

With that being said, I agree, if I were a new player I would hate the idea of just leveling through dungeons. Even if it were the most efficient I still wouldn't do it so that I could explore the game and have fun. 11 years down the track, I can understand that because I've made over 500 character's, I don't need to see the content I just want to reach the maximum level so efficiency is the key.

On the topic of Battleground Experience, what about 80% of your maximum experience for a win, 60% for 2/3 on flag maps, 1000 on points maps, 40% for 1/3 on flag maps, 500 on points maps, and 20% for a loss?

It would give incentive to continue trying, it's fast enough that it would be enjoyable for those who level through battleground's, and it'd work well with the new level-up PvP gear.

Skirmishes could be 20% for a win, 5% for a loss due to them not lasting as long as Battleground's do.

I don't want to level quicker. Many of us that twink, will leave before it ends, so we don't get XP.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Not in WoD.

Deleted
    You can still get a lot of xp while losing, it just dependson the BG and how well your team is doing. If you are getting wrecked, then yes you're not gonna get a lot of xp.
    I have to disagree with giving out more xp in BG's in general though, I say do it for BG weekends instead. They are meant to bait people into queueing for battlegrounds after all?

10+ Year Old Account
    What ever happened to good BG XP? It used to be a guaranteed level every win with full looms. ??

Not since they got hit with a nerf hammer too. Dungeons and PvP have so little exp that people may as well not even do them while leveling for anything other then the fun factor. Even that is diminished greatly in PvP because its an unbalanced mess at the lower levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

If anything give less exp for bgs. Hell I leave bgs before we win so I don't level sometimes. I want my 14th twink disc in the 19 bracket as long as possible. Make disc, lvl and twink, pwn in 19 bracket, ding 20 send chanted looms and items to next priest, delete, repeat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I don't want to level quicker. Many of us that twink, will leave before it ends, so we don't get XP.
    Why would you not just turn off XP like every other twink?
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Well, two reasons:
    First, you would only play against other fully equipped alts, because who likes fair matches? But this is not even the major problem, that is simply: There are not enough people queuing for it, I haven't seen a single BG open for xp-halted alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    i can support pvp leveling. it used to be quite good. even if its just the first BG win of the day.
    Hi

Then turn off XP? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I haven't seen a single BG open for xp-halted alts.
    Recently leveled with two friends, two of us were too far ahead because of a mistake one of them made. So we thought we'll turn off our Exp, and break things up a little bit and do some PvP while we wait. Instant BG queues ...

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Cuz I'm the asshole that doesn't want to wait 4 hours for a twink only queue to pop and I like one shotting no heirloom kids with penance!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, not sure how it is at higher levels, but lower levels EotS gives crazy xp. Best XP strat is to level the alliance (well, other faction) get 3 towers, you control mid and run flags. You get xp per flag cap and you can pull down near a full level in lower brackets.

And coins, lots of coins from looting :P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Cuz I'm the asshole that doesn't want to wait 4 hours for a twink only queue to pop and I like one shotting no heirloom kids with penance!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, not sure how it is at higher levels, but lower levels EotS gives crazy xp. Best XP strat is to level the alliance (well, other faction) get 3 towers, you control mid and run flags. You get xp per flag cap and you can pull down near a full level in lower brackets.

And coins, lots of coins from looting :P
    This. Not only is it super fun to 1v5 as a disc, but you turn exp off and Q's never pop. Ever. I was in an actual twink 19 bg once (they have a server for it) and it was super fun, but not enough people do it.
    I put eng on my priests too. For extra salt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't see the point in twinking after the stat change. The only real advantage you have twinking is in the 90-99 bracket where there's no item level cap and people buy full item level 715 gear for their level 91 alt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeepher View Post
    You can still get a lot of xp while losing, it just dependson the BG and how well your team is doing. If you are getting wrecked, then yes you're not gonna get a lot of xp.
    I have to disagree with giving out more xp in BG's in general though, I say do it for BG weekends instead. They are meant to bait people into queueing for battlegrounds after all?
    Nah once you get into the higher levels (around 60) you get almost nothing. The grind really gets bad around 70s where you only get a bar by just winning. Completing 2 quests grants you a bar of exp, its a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    You're right, there is bots for that. You're making the mistake thinking that blizzard are consistent with their logic. They are far from it. Like I said, 'because bots' is their cop out answer. You can interoperate 'because bots' on a 1:1 likeness to "cba".

Where ever you find one firm line of reasoning by Blizzard, you can find another case where it completely contradicts it. You pointed one out, another would be the cognitive dissonance around the "if players could transmog legendaries, everyone would be wearing them", followed by giving everyone a legendary for hitting 100 and doing LFR. You can go one further and talk about the prestige point. "if people can transmog to legendaries, it will ruin their prestige". Followed by adding challenge mode gear that has no use other than transmog for prestige.
    Thanks for reminding me that Blizzard doesn't follow logic.