Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by c000 View Post
    oh I will. for one simple reason. some of the bow/gun stances and shooting animations for certain races are complete garbage and I refuse to continually subject my eyes to such trash over and over again.
    Enjoy the LFR brah

Quote Originally Posted by scorpor View Post
    Enjoy the LFR brah
    If SV is a decent ways ahead of BM or MM and does comparable or greater damage than some other melee (with your guild having room for the melee, mind you), then it's not unlikely you will see Hunters playing this spec. Just have to wait and see how numbers turn out when it goes live and how things progress thru the xpac. I for one would love the change since I've played Hunter since Wrath, but I will still play the most viable as needed. Making an assumption that you will only see this spec in LFR or PvP isn't benefitting anyone right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    so far i'm just disappointed in survival.

should feel unique playing a melee pet class but it's mostly just generic melee spec with a pet that has little impact.
    Hopefully this doesn't remain the case. From what Azor posted a little bit ago there is enough depth to make it interesting and fun without becoming overwhelming trying to maintain buffs from abilities (doesn't seem like it would).

7+ Year Old Account

should feel unique playing a melee pet class but it's mostly just generic melee spec with a pet that has little impact.
    That's the feel I'm getting from it as well.

Hopefully they'll add more depth within the next couple of months.

10+ Year Old Account

I like it (but i kind of hate that if you want it to be interesting enough you have to take certain talents), but i kind of agree that they should make something with the pet to make it interesting (Flanking strike is not interesting at all)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I like it (but i kind of hate that if you want it to be interesting enough you have to take certain talents), but i kind of agree that they should make something with the pet to make it interesting (Flanking strike is not interesting at all)
    If there is too much tied to the pet it becomes a PvP issue. Pets already got clunky AI, and I rather see more interesting attacks and procs from survival, and less "watch these three 10-15 second dots, and 12 second buffs".

The 90 and 100 talent trees need revamped for Survival. 90 is a choice between a DoT, another DoT, or giving your main DoT a proc. Mortal Wounds is a fine talent, but Butchery and Serpent Sting either need to both go, or one stays and the other becomes an active.

The 100 tree is just beyond disappointing. It's a choice between a mobile maelstrom totem, making traps better, and adding a passive to Flanking Strike? Seriously? How about giving you a CD that increases your run speed and damage drastically so you can run around like the crazy survival wild man you are. Or, how about giving you some sort of big nuke that does amazing damage if the target is at full hp, emphasizing the flying around harpooning people in the face gameplay. Or, what if they gave you a talent that let you drop campfires during combat that healed people/increased their damage while they stood near them. I feel like they aren't trying very hard to tap into the true fantasy of the spec.

Surv will be good if:

1. They revamps traps so that they were really powerful, could be used frequently and surv's gameplay was all about using traps (this way spec will stand out from other melees).
    2. They improve survivability of spec so the word survival meant something other then being a joke.
    3. Better interaction with pet, so it wasnt just an additional dot.
    4. Improve base moongooose/lacerate rotation to be more reactive.
    Last edited by mindw0rk; 2016-02-09 at 06:24 AM.

why do you want a big goofy whackamole rotation?

Traps in rotation could be more fluid if they change how they are triggered. Simple change really. When you have enemy targeted and you press trap, it instantly flies to target location and affects target. If you dont have enemy targeted, then you can throw trap at any place like before.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the spec hasn't changed at all?
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

They said in their blue post for the last build that survival had significant changes coming in the next build.

The feedback that we’ve gotten so far has lead us to make more significant revisions to several other classes and specs, that you’ll see in future builds, particularly Elemental, Enhancement, Marksmanship, Survival, and Blood.
    Last edited by jSewell; 2016-02-10 at 07:31 PM.

That info is only a week or two old.

Mongoose bite
    Raptor strike
    flanking strike
    laceration
    carve

still a 1 button spec -_-

seriously dude? the spec revolves around smashing out big mongoose bite hits and your complaining that mongoose bite does the most damage?

These forums are making me Lose all faith in the wow playerbase

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Yea, and its not like rotations for a class were implemented at the start of an alpha and remained the exact same all the way till the next expansion, yea?

Except.. Thats EXACTLY what happens each and every single !@#$ing expansion ya? Some classes get an utterly boring/messed up/droll rotation early in the alpha/beta, and it remains the EXACT same until the next expansion. Could you, you know, actually use that head of yours?
    They've already changed the way Mongoose Bite works, which was quite a big change.

@OP, sooo in the video the guy had to set up the combo for 10+ seconds and use a cooldown, just to get to 6 stacks of MB, which will last him for additional 4-5 seconds? How is that 1 button?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatexon View Post
    If there is too much tied to the pet it becomes a PvP issue. Pets already got clunky AI, and I rather see more interesting attacks and procs from survival, and less "watch these three 10-15 second dots, and 12 second buffs".
    I do agree that its a PVP problem (i was looking at it as just a PVE player)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Survival is just a dead spec, nobody will play this mistake.
    They said something similar about my husband, yet here I am!
    Last edited by mmocc0f7df4180; 2016-02-17 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    These forums are making me Lose all faith in the wow playerbase
    These post are making me Lose all faith in education.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    At least they don't make him loose :P

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Well done.

It's like they took the one other melee pet spec and removed the one interaction between the player and the pet.

A hunter spec being boring? Wow, that's a new one.