10+ Year Old Account

Best class/spec for Rated Battlegrounds this patch

I am trying to get far in Rated bg's this season and i am wondering, which class is the best for rated battlegrounds.
    I don't mind if you list the top 3, i just wanna try something OP this time around, usually i stay with same class for years.

So any suggestions, which is pretty OP atm? And why it is op.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Play rogue, every team needs one.. Healers Disc are best pvp healers.. Then dk strongest melee and is target caller

What do you currently play?

BM Hunters are always welcome, but you have to truly love being a base sitter if you get node maps.

Frost Mages are still clutch in every sense. Needs no explanation.

Arms/Fury. Pick your playstyle. Most sheeple will say go with Fury, but well played, Arms is just as deadly. Berserker buff/Avatar/Reck/Trinket -> Colossus Smash -> Slam spam is just lulz.

Going on what Ezorus said, DK's are important, but you really have to enjoy target calling and talking/yelling over people to be effective as a DK, regardless of how good you are at the class.

Deleted
    Ret paladin and ww monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    In itself, no class is really op in rated battlegrounds. The op'ness comes when certain classes are stacked or in specific combinations.

For example, lets take the Rogue. The class itself is pretty strong and at the moment i consider it the "egg laying woolmilkpig". Incing and tapping Flags, defeding Flags, Flagcarrying and shutting a Healer or Caster down when needed. With the right specc for the right Job the Rogue is the most wanted class in the current Metagame. Now take two of them ...

The flaw of Rogues is the high Skillcap and you see Rogues kicked from groupes when they even think about using not the wanted specc, glyphes etc. You can differ between a good played and a bad played Rogue in a few seconds.

Owls, Warlocks and Shadow Priests are good classes but they start to shine in certain combinations. Take two Affliction Locks, a Owl and a shadow Priest and watch the enemy team melting with a lot of Unstable Affliction protected Dot Pressure while the Owl and Shadow deliver Burst on demand. This setup also delivers a lot of CC when needed.

Take two Enhancement Shamans for the Owl and Shadow to add even more AoE Pressure and Big Burst on demand.

Frost DK´s are mostly wanted for the Grip / Massgrip, the High Burst and bcs. they make good Targetcallers when used smart with the Tools they have to shut a Killtarget down.

The Healer "Holy Trinity" at the moment would be Disc Priest, Mistweaver Monk and Holy Paladin.

Arms Warrior for the ridiculus Strong Execute and they are pretty good for Antitap while they deliver good AoE pressure at the same time.

BM Hunters are always welcome, but you have to truly love being a base sitter if you get node maps.
    Since the Most Teams in Higher Ratings want to play Rotcomp Setups, Hunters in general are less and less wanted. We are the best class for defending but a RBG leader needs to also look at CtF Maps, and there, hands down, we suck.

I hate what comes next but i add it ...

You also have to consider that in Higher Ratings more Players use Combat Rotations and Dotclasses profit much more from these "Tools" than other classes.

For example: A Good, legit played Affliction Lock keeps three targets Full dotted with unstable up and maybe a fourth without unstable up. A Lock that runs CR keeps five targets under Full dotlines with unstable up. Take two of these and you see why Dot-Classes are so much wanted in the Higher Ratings. This goes for all Dotclasses and i dont even count autokick functions wich are built in with CR Tools.

Up to 1900 You can play pretty much everything you like but like always, the guys in the lower ratings imitate what the guys in the higher ratings do, so pretty much every other Melee then Rogues, Arms Warr and Frost DK´s are not really wanted. Ele Shamans arent even considered for the most Teams and Hunters are less and less Wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    Snip.
    I have to disagree a little bit about hunters being bad on CTF maps. Often enough, they've forced an unbelievable amount of pressure on the enemy FC during mid transfer at key moments, more so than any other ranged but a mage during my games.

That said, there are more node/node hybrid maps than there are CTF maps. I'd still rather have a hunter sitting a flag than anyone else. And there's nothing like watching a positional wizard powershot an entire assault team off LM. I haven't done anything new or ground breaking, but I've been running in a melee strong comp. We haven't had any real problem with wizard teams at all. Generally arms, fury, frost dk, sub, enh, frost mage, bm hunter as our dps.

Been steady around 2300 since the season started.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ evogsr

I would really like to see your groups gameplay. Do you play on US ? It looks like the Meta differs a lot between US and EU and i would love to know why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evogsr View Post
    What do you currently play?

Frost Mages are still clutch in every sense. Needs no explanation.

Arms/Fury. Pick your playstyle. Most sheeple will say go with Fury, but well played, Arms is just as deadly. Berserker buff/Avatar/Reck/Trinket -> Colossus Smash -> Slam spam is just lulz.

Going on what Ezorus said, DK's are important, but you really have to enjoy target calling and talking/yelling over people to be effective as a DK, regardless of how good you are at the class.
    i play BM hunter and i love it ofc, just wondering if there is any improvement for me.
    I just feel like some classes are way better then me atm, hard to defend sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    @ evogsr

I would really like to see your groups gameplay. Do you play on US ? It looks like the Meta differs a lot between US and EU and i would love to know why.
    We're on US. To my knowledge, no one on the team streams or records. My team knows each other in real life other than our occasional pickup. I can't explain the case for the meta, but we've been pretty much playing this comp together since Cata. At this point we all have multiple alts to form up a recognizable comp, but everyone on my team now is playing with what they identify as their main is/has been. Nothing more to it than that, it's always worked solid for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    i play BM hunter and i love it ofc, just wondering if there is any improvement for me.
    I just feel like some classes are way better then me atm, hard to defend sometimes.
    I think the problem with a lot of hunter players is they don't feel as if they're contributing much. That doesn't mean your not though. Often times, if a good opponent team can identify for certain that your DK is the TC and not someone else. Other than vocally making call outs, their gameplay generally gets shut down. I know a lot of DKs who love TC'ing, but feel like they don't contribute much to the team in terms of actual gameplay because of shut downs. It's all a matter of perspective.

But if that's the case I'd say give a melee class a try then. It's a different flavor since you'll be right up in the action. Or give a healer a shot, I'd just personally stay away from resto sham at least compared to the other choices, if you want to keep a little of your sanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is gonna get locked, but Hpals for healers and Warlocks for dps

affliction lock, shadow, boomkin.

From these the priest and druid are the best classes, as they can always spec into a healer if needed.

obviously its about their dmg/burst/pressure/synergy/cc

Only a few want to be dks and do TC.

Other than that any healer, really.

@evogsr - seems a bit far-fetched that youre able to get 2300 with that team. Esp considering that currently there arent any Hunters at 2300 and only two at 2200.

Do you have an armory link of your teams Hunter? because I agree with Rehja in that Hunters arent in demand. The only time Ive gotten into a decent group on my Hunter was with friends but most of the time they tell me to just jump on my Lock.

Rogue ftw