Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

If the Warcraft Movie Rewards is true that proves that Legion will not......

If the Warcraft Movie Rewards is true that proves that Legion will not be released around the time the movie comes out.

Many people keep saying it will release before or near it and many times I have stated no it won't. The reason why it won't release before or near it is because the sells of one product will overlap the other. This isn't anything new all companys (Gaming companys anyway) do this.

Any time they release two products near each other the sells of one hurts the other.

To add the Movie Rewards gives all current expansions and one month game time. This is to get people interested in the game and maybe become buyers of Legion.

There is no way they would give this out then go "hey guys go spend another $50 to play the most current content". If they did they it would be a massive turn off for people.

So like I said before the best release date we can get is late July. If this is true its really smart marketing by blizzard.

Thats my 2cents so what is yours.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It's getting released AFTER. Those rewards are to boost sales for Legion, if the Warcraft movie succeeds which I doubt it since its a video game movie, the sales for Legion will skyrocket as they did for SWTOR after the Force Awakens released. Theres also a rumor going around that they'll display the Legion cinematic during the previews.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It's getting released AFTER. Those rewards are to boost sales for Legion, if the Warcraft movie succeeds which I doubt it since its a video game movie, the sales for Legion will skyrocket as they did for SWTOR after the Force Awakens released. Theres also a rumor going around that they'll display the Legion cinematic during the previews.
    Yep and I said that many times and yet people kept going (The movies doesn't effect the game bla bla bla)

If the rewards are true this proves my point even more. Its really smart marketing for blizzard since people who haven't played WoW will be seeing the movie.

As I said before no AAA gaming company drops two products on top each other. The only time this happens and its rare is if one is f2p like Hearthstone.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep and I said that many times and yet people kept going (The movies doesn't effect the game bla bla bla)

If the rewards are true this proves my point even more. Its really smart marketing for blizzard since people who haven't played WoW will be seeing the movie.

As I said before no AAA gaming company drops two products on top each other. The only time this happens and its rare is if one is f2p like Hearthstone.
    You say it like you are the first person to think it.

Quote Originally Posted by godz View Post
    Never said I was the first person to think it. I was just pointing out to all those who disagreed that they was wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion will be ready when it's ready. If it's ready after the movie is released, so be it, but it is still in development and completely independent of the movie's release. All my excitement for the expansion is gone already due to the amount of time it's taking, so I don't really care about it that much, but you have to give Blizzard some credit, they aren't assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by godz View Post
    That's a pattern with all these WoW posters.

odds are we will know the legion release date when the movie is out, and the movie preview will tell us when that is :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    odds are we will know the legion release date when the movie is out, and the movie preview will tell us when that is :P
    To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if this happen.

Never said I was the first person to think it. I was just pointing out to all those who disagreed that they was wrong.
    Cool, you want a medal? Why couldn't this have been posted in the many threads based on the movie or legion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The expansion will definitely release after the movie. Simple as that: legion will launch no sooner than June 21 and the movie was pushed to end of ma y to early June, so that it won't coincide with the European soccer cup. The only question left is to when legion will hit. It'll be either the soonest possible day or after the soccer cup, which is early to mid July (as many Europeans will more likely be watching the matches as playing a game, even if I wouldn't mind fewer people on release day cuz I hate soccer).

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Cool, you want a medal? Why couldn't this have been posted in the many threads based on the movie or legion.
    Because of cake...

Didnt we already know this would happen since Alpha got out? , They are sooooooooooo far behind on everything, and its not even in beta yet. So ofc it will be out AFTER the movie.

If the Warcraft Movie Rewards is true that proves that Legion will not be released around the time the movie comes out.

Many people keep saying it will release before or near it and many times I have stated no it won't. The reason why it won't release before or near it is because the sells of one product will overlap the other. This isn't anything new all companys (Gaming companys anyway) do this.

Any time they release two products near each other the sells of one hurts the other.
    . . .
    I can't tell if you're trolling, a fool, or if you truly believe that somehow, people cannot both play WoW and watch the movie at the same time (figuratively, not literally).

A movie and a video game are not products in competition with each other. What you're trying to argue is the equivalent of a company not selling a new toothpaste on the day it also releases a new shampoo.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    idk, odds aare that pre-patch/event might release around the same time and you will get month to try the game before expansion releases

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I can't tell if you're trolling, a fool, or if you truly believe that somehow, people cannot both play WoW and watch the movie at the same time (figuratively, not literally).

A movie and a video game are not products in competition with each other. What you're trying to argue is the equivalent of a company not selling a new toothpaste on the day it also releases a new shampoo.
    A movie and a video game based on the same IP is infact competition for each other. I don't know if you realise this or not but the majority of people watch games,Watch movies and so on do it on a budget.

The fact you can't understand this proves the point of my thread. Once more Legion is after the Warcraft movie and its after it for two reasons 1) Marketing and 2) To keep one from overshadowing the other.

Don't know if you realise this but there is people who play the game and want to see the movie. There is also people who do that but can't offored both at the sametime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I find it hillarious that some people (not OP) spread this like some conspiracy unveiled - of course Blizz wants to use the movie as a fucking ad for their game too, if they wouldn't try that they would just be crazy.
    Right.

Its smart marketing and they would be stupid as fuck to not do it. Its the perfect way to get new blood into WoW.

I think legion will come before the movie.

Nobody wants new players to sit in garrison, and wait for legion. So they use the movie to bring new players to legion. Not launch cause launches are not the quality blizzard wishes to give.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    Didnt we already know this would happen since Alpha got out? , They are sooooooooooo far behind on everything, and its not even in beta yet. So ofc it will be out AFTER the movie.
    Majority of dungeons tested, leveling up to 108, 3 zones, raid testing starting. Yeah they sure are behind

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    I think legion will come before the movie.

Nobody wants new players to sit in garrison, and wait for legion. So they use the movie to bring new players to legion. Not launch cause launches are not the quality blizzard wishes to give.
    It can't come before the movie because then thats on top of Overwatchs Thunder.

Legion is set for a summer release and summer starts June 20 this year. Overwatch has a spring release date and once again no company release's two IP's on stop of each other even more so when they are asking full price for each one.

Really don't understand why people can't understand this simple concept.

Really don't understand why people can't understand this simple concept.
    Okey, so what will you do when you are wrong? I hope you don't take it too personally.