Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Cool If the Forsaken can bleed, why can't they breed?

The Forsaken undead, they can eat and have some unusual eating habits, they feel pain and bleed, many of their body functions are still working, so why can't they reproduce? Surly with all the crazy experiments they have been doing, they could work out how to make this a thing and it would solve many problems for them.

A working stomach but no working ovaries? Cone no now, that makes no sense.

Maybe the sperm is dead. I dunno, reasons.

Do they taste? Pretty sure they don't which is why they have no problem eating mushrooms and rotting meat. Pretty sure all 5 senses are gone for them except hearing and sight.

They bleed as a game mechanic I think? I don't recall undead ever bleeding. They actually don't feel pain with the exception being the Light burning them as the only confirmed canon. C'mon, they walk around without jaws and big chunks of meat missing, they cannot possibly feel pain.

They cant reproduce because, well, they're dead.

7+ Year Old Account
    But they aren't dead, they are undead! Once they were dead.

So why not undead sperm and undead babies, it's like the birds and the bees or something, surly something magical can happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 420 NoScope View Post

So why not undead sperm and undead babies, it's like the birds and the bees or something, surly something magical can happen.
    They arent alive either, you need to be alive to reproduce.

Think of it more like they are puppets; their bodies are dead but their souls keep the body working like a marionette on strings.

Even if undead males can produce sperm what makes you think a female undead can give birth to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd assume since most of them have been dead some time it's from their lack of living/fertile cells.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Because the story dictates that they can't. That's the only reason why anything is the way it is.

They can, they can go out .. find someone, kill him and raise him and go "Now, I'm your momma and he's your daddy." (I had to.)

I'm sure it's a possible thing. But as soon as there's an undead baby they'd need to explain it so people didn't assume it was just a really old undead baby. It doesn't really mix well with the rest of the surface level story telling WoW generally uses.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    if they could would they have zombie babies or normal babies cause forsaken are not like zombies where its a sickness there just raised with magic so if they could mate wouldn't there babys be normal human babys?

Deleted
    They can't really "bleed". Yes, blood may drip out of a damaged blood-vessel because for some of them there is still blood left there. If you want to get all "realistic". Their heart isn't working anymore tho so no "spilling" a lot of forsaken blood.

I think it may be magic that keeps forsaken going. It was magic which created the plague which killed them and made them scourge. That magic is what keeps the forsaken from fading away entirely. They can not reproduce as their only being kept going thanks to that magic. Take the magic away and instantly all the forsaken would instantly die permanently. That magic also can only be spread from one to another via infection. They can not breed like normal being because once their cells leave the whole of the body they become dead lifeless cells. I suspect that in the future the forsaken may replenish their numbers much like how vampires and zombies replenish their ranks, infection. Once the scourge curse hits its simply only a matter of time before the person dies and comes back as forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are a soul inhabiting and controlling their own corpse... They are controlling a dead body, it is not life.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd gladly have a with sylvanas .. oh wait i cant say that stuff on here.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Deleted
    No, it just... doesn't work that way. They don't feel like the living do. They don't function that way.

... Just no. No. To your first points, Forsaken do not -need- to eat. They -can- eat if they want, but they do not need to. Beyond that, they don't feel pain at all, aside from as has been mentioned being struck by the light. They didn't used to bleed... when WoW first came out, Forsaken were immune to bleed effects and fear effects outside of Paladin Turn Evil. They were also susceptible to Exorcism and other anti-undead abilities. They are very much dead. And... undead sperm? Are you serious right now? I'm 99% certain Undead can't even get it up, let alone sire a child. Probably half of them have even lost the equipment to do so.

Unfortunately, the rules of the afterlife are pretty sketchy in WoW. It reminds me of the TV show LOST actually. LOST took the view that ALL afterlife stories were true and were almost sort of competing with each other.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Think of it as an unnatural hibernation that causes forced menopause and sterilization.

They can still eat and feel pain because if they could not they would not be relatable playable characters whatsoever.

Forsaken are not dead but they are undead which is an illness of sorts that comes with the consequence of not being able to reproduce being one, lacking all senses except hearing and sight.

They can eat mold, mushrooms and flesh they clearly do not care what stuff tastes like most probably have no tongues or taste buds anymore.

Forsaken are a sad race and unique unlike vampires they are like the Frankenstiens of playable races in an RPG.

Vampires though deadly in classic Horror and usually male have been sexified in modern media. Modern vampires are young and beautiful with eternal life.

Even in classic horror vampires resemble humans though pale and ugly/old when they havent been feeding.

Forsaken in wow barely resemble the human's they once were.

as far as for the bleeding in game they bleed green fluid not blood. Any blood they would retain from being human would be coagulated blackish brown blood but maybe the plague they died from turned the blood green or it could be Bile spilling from somewhere not blood at all.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2016-02-07 at 04:14 AM.