Poll: I would play a...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Which currently non-playable race would you play?

Hypothetical scenario: Blizzard says that they developed a tech through which they can make all intelligent races in WoW lore playable, all armours fits them, they can ride mounts etc.

Characters of which race would you roll? (this is not a "what race do you want" thread, in this scenario all of the races are playable and you're rolling a character).

P.S.: I used the most known races, if you want another write in comments as I couldn't fit even half.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2016-02-07 at 02:45 AM.

Vrykul and Ethereal being my biggest requests.

Naga, Ogre, Hozen and Arakkoa I wouldn't mind, though I doubt Naga will ever happen

Everything else is laughable.

For me it would be Ogre, Imp, Draknoid and Nerubians any of these I wold roll cheerfully.

Arrakoa and Ethereal top of my list.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd play the shit out of a hozen/furbolg/arakkoa/vrykrul shaman.

If I had to choose one though, I'd go furbolg, I'd get to be a lighting shooting bear without jiggling every time i moved, but then again I'd love arakkoa...

I'd go with:

Furbolg shaman

Arakkoa priest

Vrykrul warrior

Hozen monk(ey)
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2016-02-07 at 04:14 AM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogre maybe. It's always felt like it should've been a Horde race.

I wouldn't play anything else though; all the races I grew up with from Warcraft I and II that make sense being playable characters are playable. I think it'd stop feeling like World of Warcraft if I suddenly started seeing Arakkoa, Furbolgs, Murlocs, or Naga in my raids or battleground's. They're far too neutral to be faction-specific, I don't see the point of adding another neutral faction (unless it makes complete sense), and there are already plenty of other races that need coverage before we continue to add more.

Worgen were the only race I didn't see coming because they're not depicted in Warcraft I, II, or III and very mildly explored upon pre-Cataclysm. None of the lore would've seen them as a playable race, but everything else was pretty obvious.
    Last edited by Blithe; 2016-02-07 at 05:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, a shorter list would be "What wouldn't you play?".

Wouldn't play:

Furbolg-
    They just look too stupid.

Drakonid-
    I've never seen a Drakonid and thought, "Wow, that looks cool".

Succubus/Incubbus-
    Not unless we got a Mesmer-type class at some point.

Erredar-
    Male Draenei are the ugliest things in Warcraft existence. Why would I want to play as a red one?

Gnoll-
    It would be cool to run around as Hogger for a day, but the novelty would wear off quickly.

Quillboar-
    Annoying pig race. Don't care.

Owlbear-
    Meh, no thanks.

Arakkoa (the "pure" ones or w/e) and Ethereal would be the ones I'd want the most.

Lore-wise, I'm still surprised that Ogre isn't a playable race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always wanted Etheral as an Alliance race, but i doubt it'll ever happen! :P

This list needs more TUSKARR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    This list needs more TUSKARR!
    Needs more Saurok.

10+ Year Old Account
    You no take kobold!

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have voted Satyr or Pygmy

They could have soo brought in the Naga as a playable race for Legion to go with the whole Illidan thing - aww
    Id play the shit outta that. I cant picture them as anything other than warriors, mages, hunters, Priests and Shaman.... Maybe DKs....Hmn....

7+ Year Old Account
    Alliance High Elves.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Why are High Elves on the list? They are not racially different from Blood Elves, including the long long lost Legion ones.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimewave View Post
    Alliance High Elves.
    Most definitely.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Satyr are at the top of my list and not even listed?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Arakkoa
    High Elf
    Hozen
    Jinyu
    Naga
    Ogre

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Always wanted Etheral as an Alliance race, but i doubt it'll ever happen! :P
    If they were to add Ethereal, they'd be neutral. Ethereal are just like Gnomes/Goblins when it comes to technology and we already have 1 of those on each side so giving Alliance/Horde a technology boost in the lore wouldn't be a smart idea by making Ethereals one-sided. They have lore to support 2 separate groups of them (Protectorate and Ethereum).