Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Worst time to resub. Wait until Legion.

Wait for the pre-legion event, I think that it is going to be a month before the actual release

been in the same patch since last june or whatever. nothing new is going to be added until legion so don't waste your time.

don't unless you are really sure that you will be raiding or doing arenas consistently with friends. If they aren't on you will be stuck with Garrison, Dailies, Leveling Alts , doing old content which for most people is not enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moslin View Post
    don't unless you are really sure that you will be raiding or doing arenas consistently with friends. If they aren't on you will be stuck with Garrison, Dailies, Leveling Alts , doing old content which for most people is not enough.
    He will be raiding. He will gear his character that he hasn't played. Isn't that a good enough reason to sub.

P.S. Hi freddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Only reason to resub I can think of is for the moose and maybe timewalking dungeons. Probably not worth it though.

Don't sub if you don't want to.

Don't let peer pressure force you to anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Don't sub if you don't want to.

Don't let peer pressure force you to anything.
    I am the peer pressure

Deleted
    You can sub with gold if really hard up or bored. I'd advocate waiting for at least a release date or some sort of welcome back bonus.

7+ Year Old Account
    I stay subbed cause i wanna spend as much time with sylvanas current sexy model before blizzard changes it RIP sexy slutty model sylvanas
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Your friend sounds like a dick, getting you to play at the worst time in the game's history.

Oh my, this thread has really taken off.

I'll just go ahead and quote something I posted earlier:

Quote Originally Posted by Freds1234 View Post
    Thank you for your wise words, guys.
    I do believe I'll hold off for a while, at least until I decide whether to play Legion or not.
    Subbing now seems entirely futile if I won't play the next expansion anyway.
    It's nice to see so many people agree, but it really isn't necessary to keep responding :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I got bored and burned some gold. It's not really worth it. The problem is that Tanaan and the 6.2 stuff isn't that interesting and doesnt last long. As someone who just came back you won't have flight but people who've been playing a while will so rares are very hard to get to in time. You can do LFR if you have decent gear (I have a 657 ilevel) but you'll be at the bottom of the charts which isn't a big deal but isn't fun, really.

There aren't new 5 mans so... meh

Now, if your friend wants you to resub because then you, they and others can do something fun.... sure. But then it's more about hanging out with friends, not the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my, this thread has really taken off.

I'll just go ahead and quote something I posted earlier:

It's nice to see so many people agree, but it really isn't necessary to keep responding :P
    Ha - missed that. I'd only say this - if hanging out with your friends in and of itself would be fun, resub. If not, don't bother. Playing Legion or not isn't really an issues in the former case.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just resubbed and and my fresh level 100 Shaman already qualifies for LFR... Got all of the raids done within 2 days, without having to put forth ANY effort whatsoever. I understand the "don't do raid finder then, it's optional" argument, but it just doesn't feel the same. I miss when there used to be 1-2 difficulties, and they were both actually difficult.
    After LFR I spent some time gearing up in Ashran and after a week I couldn't be bothered to log on anymore. The challenge is there, but only if you're willing to do the same thing over and over on 3-4 different difficulties.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Resubbed since my friends resubbed (I havn't played since 6.2) so all im doing is working on getting flying and old world achievements.

7+ Year Old Account
    Uhh, so title.

Anyone else who recently re-subbed? What's it like coming back to the game?
    I haven't played in like a year, not sure what there is to do in-game. Spam dungeons, do dailies, same old stuff?
    Part of me kind of (sort of, maybe) wants to sub and try it out, but what usually happens is I get bored inside an hour and insta-quit.

Anyone with any insights? D:
    It's boring, annoying and Blizzard are unreliable, they'll just ban you and leave you be with no hope for returning. I sure will never give my money to Blizz unless they unban the innocent. I mean... being hacked, having my account abused... counts as I should get my account back, right?

I'd say stay away for a while from WoW until Blizz realizes they gotta treat their customers right.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tell your friend if he pays for it, you will resub...but only if he pays for it.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I recently unsubbed here's why.

My friends list Turned Black all friends that logged on were only logged because they let battle.net start with computer Boot or to play Hearthstone.

Making new friends is tough. It can be done but I like close knit groups I dont want a ton of friends on wow and I want friends I have already made. Too many times I come back and have to make new friends. Before cataclysm I played with mostly Real Life friends after cataclysm I had to make all new friends in game.

In Mop I made about 12 friends and became really close with 3 of them. We did a ton of arenas and Bgs together had a blast. Only 1 still plays and very rarely because his life priorities have shifted since having a child. Another one has been gone since 5.3 he is Austrailian and much older than me. One of the coolest guys I ever met. He quit because he gets too addicted and lets wow take over his life outside of work.

So without friends and being bothered to make new ones I ended up doing old quests in Outland, finishing some long term transmog item farms, Getting exalted with a few old reputations. Honor gearing 2 rogues for no reason. Leveling Alts. I got a mage to 60 realized I wanted to be a different race rerolled got another mage to 70.

I had no interest in Tanaan jungle, raiding, or getting flying for Draenor. The idea of making new friends to build synergy with for arena was so daunting I just couldn't.

and lastly the one reason blizzard cant fathom. I think their talent trees are shit and the gameplay for my main class has deteriorated.

Wow has very quickly turned into a single player game thanks to a focus on instanced content and Garrisons and Phasing.

Wait for Legion.

At this point I'd say wait unless you have collections you want to work on like toys/mounts/pets.

At this point, I've started winding down for a break. Raiding has slowed some, which is expected given the age of HFC. The AH has slowed as well. Aside from my yearly Big Love Rocket binge in a week and doing WoD CMs I'm ready to take it easy and just run garrison missions for a few months if that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Moslin View Post
    "this close" that makes me laugh we are 8 months away from legion. 8 months is roughly 240 days , two thirds of a year.
    February to July isn't 8 months lol
    Beta Club Brosquad