Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would probably wait for Legion before resubbing.

If you haven't played in a year, you have BRF/HFC and Tanaan. Worth $15 imo. But past that... can't say I'd recommend it.

Don't bother. Wait till the Legion pre-expansion patch.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    It's boring, annoying and Blizzard are unreliable, they'll just ban you and leave you be with no hope for returning. I sure will never give my money to Blizz unless they unban the innocent. I mean... being hacked, having my account abused... counts as I should get my account back, right?

I'd say stay away for a while from WoW until Blizz realizes they gotta treat their customers right.
    Boy you sure like talking about how your account was "hacked" and unbanned fairly from your post history don't you? I mean you throw it in nearly every post you write since all your threads were getting closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Freds1234 View Post
    Uhh, so title.

Anyone else who recently re-subbed? What's it like coming back to the game?
    I haven't played in like a year, not sure what there is to do in-game. Spam dungeons, do dailies, same old stuff?
    Part of me kind of (sort of, maybe) wants to sub and try it out, but what usually happens is I get bored inside an hour and insta-quit.

Anyone with any insights? D:
    RUN! RUN while you can!!
    OMG, its got me again.....

RUN!!!!

Wow is getting tuned down. Imo I would wait to re-sub. Legion seems like a last ditch effort to get as much as they can from the players. I would wait to see how legion goes. All classes are changing so now would be a bad time to get use to the current spec. Also the devs suck at communication with the players. All the devs seem to do now is respond on twitter and totally ignore the wow forums. You might check out some of the legion videos on youtube to see the changes that are coming. Then imo decide if you want to come back or not. Also not everything in beta/alpha is set in stone to actually be in game at launch . Kinda like how karabor and bladespire were removed prior to launch.

Uhh, so title.

I haven't played in like a year, not sure what there is to do in-game. Spam dungeons, do dailies, same old stuff?
    Part of me kind of (sort of, maybe) wants to sub and try it out, but what usually happens is I get bored inside an hour and insta-quit.

Go with your gut.

I've been offline for most of WoD. I'd been gone for about 6 months or so, and one of my friends convinced me to fire my account back up for a month just to dick around and level an alt with him. We played for...just short of a week and got bored again. And when I logged on to my main, I took a look around my garrison and immediately logged off because I didn't feel like messing with that again.

That being said, if you have enough gold, one thing you can do now is keep your subscription going with tokens. I can't do that because I only have like 25k gold, and a token was around 36k last time I checked (so I'll just have to pay $15 to get my account going again if I want, unless the cost of a token drops). It is pretty easy to farm the required gold these days. Cataclysm raids are reasonably easy to solo these days (even 25M heroic Cataclysm raids), and you can make tons of gold just from doing those every week. Between that and garrisons, it's fairly easy to keep enough gold coming in to fund your subscription.

I'd fire the account back up just to see what you think if you feel like playing again, but the above is my experience. I probably won't be coming back until the Legion pre-launch events start happening. If your friends are still playing and want you to join them, that might be worth it. Another reason I'm not bothering right now is the fact that my friends are also inactive right now. If I had some friends who were still playing and wanted me to join them, I'd probably go for it. Most of them are just playing various games on Steam right now.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-02-08 at 02:43 PM.

If you got the gold for it you might aswell. When I'm not actively playing I use the garrison as my cookie clicker app. It gives me gold more than enough to keep the subsricption going.

Deleted
    wait for Legion

A 2 hour movie costs 10 bucks, add in any snacks and you're over 15 bucks. So if you spent 15 bucks and played for 1 hour / week for 4 weeks that's 4hrs, it'll cost you less to play a few hours of WoW for a month to see if you like it than going to a movie. Moreover, it's stupidly easy to make gold so if you decide to stay subbed you can just buy tokens with gold and it costs you zero monies. But whatever, I think you're just looking for a way to bash the game and say why no one should sub. Maybe you should go play Candy Crush or some other free game.

I haven't been subbed since like... last February. The game is just incredibly boring and it's the same crap I've repeated over the last decade.

WoW is just old and stale. No game is meant to be played forever. Not even new expansions can change this for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That's not a friend.

- - - Updated - - -

If you by Sept 21st it's 7 months. Not saying it'll be 7 months, just that you thinking it'll be July doesn't mean much.
    The absolute latest it can be is September 21st. It's going to be before that. Either July or early to mid August. Either way it's not 8 months.
    Beta Club Brosquad

There is plenty for someone who has not played in a year to do, but it will only last a month or so depending on how much time you sink into it.

i resubbed using gold and immediately felt like "why the fuck did i waste 37k gold"? Then i just started helping a friend with arenas, did some ashran (shudders), bgs (again), and just general pvp stuff. While at the same time doing garrisons to get the gold back. in 2 days i got back 11k only. i'll need to step it up but it just feels so boring doing it. free gold is nice but even that isn't enticing enough. well i have about 27days left so i'll make the best of it i guess. 10 mins at a time and 1 pvp situation at a time.

Whenever in doubt, I would always go with no when it comes to MMOs.

Deleted
    Uhh, so title.

It is the same old stuff, unless you and your friend has a specific goal in mind. I am doing dailies, farming some Vortex Pinnacle for mount and just trying to get some achievements I want.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. Shouldn't you just be talking to your friend, since they're the primary stakeholder in all this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends... Is your friend asking you to re-sub so you could raid with their guild? If so, perhaps its worth re-subbing. If you don't enjoy other aspects of the game, you shouldn't bother.

Deleted
    I only play the game if it offers new content to me.

I rarely play more than 2 months after the release of a new expac nowadays. And return only for a patch if theres at least a new raid.. but surely not for new grind regions.

If you think your guild "forces" you to stay subbed.. there are things like Whatsapp, skype, twitter..

The best thing i ever did was to move friends away from the alliance of purpose of playing a game.