Deleted

Did they fix the Prismatic Crystal/PoF bug?

Hey there I was considering gearing an alt mage of mine to play arcane but I'm having second thoughts after I saw this bug on some videos. For those who don't know what I'm talking about the aoe from the crystal was able to proc mark of doom ON THE BOSS but any further crystal damage wouldnt trigger doom nova.

Is this working as intended or is it a bug? And did they fix it?

That is not a bug.

Welcome to 6.2 arcane mage RNG-fiesta.

It's two different things. The first event is proccing Mark of Doom, which is allowed from the crystal AOE, and the second is triggering exposions which is not allowed from the AOE. They elected to do it that way, or they omitted allowing it, otherwise it's not right or wrong, it just is.

The thing that might need fixing is that sometimes it consumes the entirety of its tranche of the ring damage but it gives it nowhere because it's despawning at that moment. Since it sometimes works normally with small timing differences, it's a problematic feature.
    Last edited by WarcraftMages; 2016-02-07 at 12:03 PM.

Deleted
    Ok thanks.. Technically it should be a bug though cause both the mark and explosions are triggered from "direct spell damage".. So what the fuck in one case crystal counts as direct spell damage and then it's like "nevermind my bad" and counts as non direct spell damage..

Quote Originally Posted by buzuzuki View Post
    Ok thanks.. Technically it should be a bug though cause both the mark and explosions are triggered from "direct spell damage".. So what the fuck in one case crystal counts as direct spell damage and then it's like "nevermind my bad" and counts as non direct spell damage..
    The damage crystal does on the mobs surrounding it is not direct damage, but it may still apply mark of doom. Nothing wrong there. But it is indeed bad design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    The damage crystal does on the mobs surrounding it is not direct damage, but it may still apply mark of doom. Nothing wrong there. But it is indeed bad design.
    How is nothing wrong there? Tooltip says "Your direct spell damage has a chance to apply Mark of Doom for 10 sec. Direct spell damage you do against the Marked target triggers an explosion for 3042 Shadow damage. (Approximately 1.50 procs per minute)." So if the crystal damage is NOT direct damage how is it not wrong the it can apply mark of doom?

Fire mage is an RNG fiesta, really need to fix the crit reliance >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by machungwa View Post
    This tier fire has much less RNG than arcane, thanks to Sandman's Pouch (having ICD of 2min so it aligns perfectly with PC+Ring), that trinket is completely mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by machungwa View Post
    You want procs from a proc that go on a proc. Preferably on a DPS CD, the whole timing running a talent that is just as likely to put the proc where you don't want it... Fire really hasn't got a patch on Arcane

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    You want procs from a proc that go on a proc. Preferably on a DPS CD, the whole timing running a talent that is just as likely to put the proc where you don't want it... Fire really hasn't got a patch on Arcane
    This.

I stopped playing arcane because of the DPS lottery that is prophecy of fear. I'd rather go back to old school shitty crit levels fire than deal with that again.

Deleted
    O.o you make it seem like the fire mages are bad nowadays, they can almost consistently do 90% of an arcane mage (if not more) with good gear and knowing how to play around sandmans pouch. Currently on my server (Ragnaros EU), a guildm8 of mine is holding #1 dps out of all classes on mythic archimonde as a fire mage with 160k dps when boss dies, not to mention that it wasnt even close to one of his best tries that evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Exoleath View Post
    O.o you make it seem like the fire mages are bad nowadays, they can almost consistently do 90% of an arcane mage (if not more) with good gear and knowing how to play around sandmans pouch. Currently on my server (Ragnaros EU), a guildm8 of mine is holding #1 dps out of all classes on mythic archimonde as a fire mage with 160k dps when boss dies, not to mention that it wasnt even close to one of his best tries that evening.
    He kills adds. That's not required in some cases. Some guilds go to considerable lengths to NOT hit adds (if it lowers their DPS on boss).

Fires ST is within spitting distance of arcane and is nearly equally ahead of frost as arcane is. The only real damage fire has on adds is combustion which has no opportunity cost on ST damage to spread to multiple targets.
    Last edited by shi; 2016-02-11 at 01:42 AM.

Interesting

Infracted - Shang
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2016-02-11 at 08:37 AM.