Deleted

What do you think will be most viable in PvP?

As the title states what do you think will be most viable in PvP? [in legion forgot to add that xD]

Atm i'm tilting to Unholy due to the fact we will be getting necrotic strike back, which used to be massive back in cata.

Deleted
    Knowing bliz's historic expertise in balancing everything, probably dual weilding blood with some leather items and an int trinket.

how can you expect a realistic answer months and months before the expansion, it's not even in beta yet
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    My answer is realistic

Deleted
    Considering that we don't even have access to PvP talent tree, i don't really see the point of this topic.

Deleted
    He/she asked what you think, not what will be so no need to be passive aggressive lel. I think right now Unholy, well for me it doesn't matter since I'll roll unholy even if frost is better when Legion starts. But hey, a 90% shield wall, necrotic strike, lots of range damage, but eh I have a fear that necrotic strike might not be super since it doesnt reduce cast time anymore.

Deleted
    from current info we have unholy looks better but very hard to say. As in even right now in wod season 3 UH looks better on paper more mobility( pet, deathcoil, 15% speed), pet stun, very nice burst, pet interrupt and snare, extended chain of ice but burst takes time to set up and on 3 min cd on the other hand frost got 1 min cd burst requires less build up just full runic power so wins out cause easier to counter other classes cds ( can burst again before enemy healer's cds are up). So which spec will be good is very hard to say it depends a lot of other classes as well and how bursty the game is in legion.

if Necrotic Strike doesn't get removed unholy will dominate PvP. That is a HUGE tool and was one of the main reasons unholy did so well until it got removed. Obviously this is just on paper and we'll have to wait until it hits live but Necro Strike is really good.

I think Frost is looking pretty good as well. You can get a massive, massive damage boost on your Howling Blast ability which should prove useful for our easily kite-able class.
    200% from Northrend Winds, 100% from Freezing Fog talent and 30% from artifacts (and with artifact relics, this can go up to 60% at least).

Frost also has BoS which we all know has amazing damage potential and frost may easily generate RP now, especially if you're able to spread Frost Fever on the enemy team and their pets (would be hard with Northrend winds though since it makes HB a single target spell). Hopefully we might even see Hungering Rune Weapon down at 2min CD since right now all it does is generate the same amount of runes and 5 more RP than Empowered Rune weapon, over time. Would be sick to have HRW whenever BoS is up.

I'm also liking our auras, although Heartstop aura seems pretty strong and I doubt we'll keep it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    if Necrotic Strike doesn't get removed unholy will dominate PvP. That is a HUGE tool and was one of the main reasons unholy did so well until it got removed. Obviously this is just on paper and we'll have to wait until it hits live but Necro Strike is really good.
    I bet festering wounds is going to be dispellable.

Deleted
    DOT classes will rock everything as always 1vs1. But Blood dk's with leather items and intellect sounds pretty much what will happen indeed.

Traditionally unholy has been better at small scale pvp because of the pet and the ability to not be as affected by blood presence. Unholy also was the goto mainly because of it's ability to put out more necrotic strikes than frost. However, in large scale pvp like BGs or RBGS the unholy pet is almost always dead, so one less reason to be unholy. Blood presence is gone, so one less reason to be unholy. So that leaves necrotic strike.

I think it will depend greatly on what you are playing and what comp you are playing. For example, rot teams or teams where you are there to setup kills for more direct damage will favor unholy. Burst teams will probably favor frost. 10v10 stuff will probably favor frost. Part of that stems from the slow ramp up time of unholy damage and frost can come out full on guns blazing with no setup at all.

Of course that may all be different with the change to runes, I have yet to play it and see. Sadly, I actually have alpha access but no time to play so I have not been able to log in and test. My guess will be that both will be in a very bad spot because defenses are gutted and mobility is still shit. I have a chance against hunters/mages/etc right now mainly because of blood pres, siphon and IBF/AMS. With all of those things gone essentially all I will do is waddle towards them as they destroy me. Even right now I can't go toe to toe with warriors or rogues, I have to do my best to kite which is easy for warrior, but lol rogue.

I think in RBG at least we will not be as wanted as traditionally simply because we will have a huge target on us. We can't do damage unless we are in melee, and we can't withstand damage in melee. So grip will become less of a benefit and needed ability as the sudden flop of DKs will be a liability in team fights.

Of course that is assuming there will be pvp at all next expansion. RBG is just a crap storm of hacks and cheaters. Arena is all but dead because of total lack of players. Only thing remotely healthy right now is random battle grounds, and that has problems with faction imbalance at the moment and many of the players in there right now are just dragonslayers that don't have anything to do. Come launch they won't be queuing either.