Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Fun way to farewell the garrison during pre-patch

A vendor appears, selling a mana bomb. You then set it off in the middle of your garrison, obliterating it......

Ok unlikely, I know.

But we can dream, can't we?

10+ Year Old Account
    We should give command of it to an NPC with promises of great fun and customisation then get a letter from him a week later saying "this isn't what I was promised, can I stop now please?"

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    A vendor appears, selling a mana bomb. You then set it off in the middle of your garrison, obliterating it......

Ok unlikely, I know.

They said Garrisons will remain for you to visit and even do missions (gold ones will be removed/nerfed) so it's gonna remain a dream, but I wish you were right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Release the Kraken!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... no... I'll keep my Alliance Garrison useful, the Horde one, not so much.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'd sell it off using the line: It's a "wonderful" place to get away from all the evil continuously trying to destroy Azeroth" to some peasant tired of all the invasions going on.

I want a questline to turn it into a museum. Like they did with the Nazi camps.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    They said Garrisons will remain for you to visit and even do missions (gold ones will be removed/nerfed) so it's gonna remain a dream, but I wish you were right.
    If no gold mission, why the F would i do any mission? Presumably i will have enough to do on the Isles not to be bored to send my followers to missions "for fun" xD

The Horde one is sold and re purposed by an Evil World Domination Type as a new "lair" complete with "hot lava" dangerous indigenous wildlife to capture and use as "motivation" devices,Sea side access for sub marine transport .
    Alliance one is sold to a Stormwind Hotel and Leisure concern. to be made into a vacation compound/resort.

That'd be kind of cool, but I imagine we're just going to abandon our garrisons and move on with nothing else said or done.

It would make sense if some NPC shows up at the garrison to inform us that shit (related to the start of Legion) is happening, and the King/Warchief has ordered us to leave our garrisons because our help is needed. Then we promote some NPC or other to "Commander" and move on.

It'd be a nice touch there if you could choose one of your followers to promote.

Deleted
    There's these obscure things like garrison invasions. Yeah, many have never heard of them. I will start one invasion, then fly out. Haha! I actually have one of those boss-summoning crapstones on my DK, i will summon it and then fly off.

Fucking invasions, meh idea, crappy implementation, overall pointless thing.

That's pretty childish. The Garrison did NOT work out how it was meant to, but I absolutely do not want it to just be destroyed. It's always nice going back to see my Farm, and I imagine one day I'll muse at the Garrison in the same way.
    However, they DO need to find a way to make sure its not in anyway beneficial to continue using.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted

Ok unlikely, I know.

That sounds like the worst nightmare ... Garrisons are awesome!

Oh wait, I forget, I must only hate and spit on Garrisons on forums, I apologize, don't be mad, oh great "everyone hates WoD, Garrisons, etc." forum poster! ... -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post

Oh wait, I forget, I must only hate and spit on Garrisons on forums, I apologize, don't be mad, oh great "everyone hates WoD, Garrisons, etc." forum poster! ... -.-
    We people of the forums apologize that your opinion differs from the 99% of the people that play this game. We apologize for not recognizing how hip and cool you are and that you are a very special snowflake that must tell people you have no beta invite because apparently people give a shit. rofl

Haha, Kurgath, you didn't have to wait long until one of them poped up ^^

I say put explosives everywhere and then do a v for vendetta style explosion while everyone looks on in the background. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9TtBYgyXzk

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post

It'd be a nice touch there if you could choose one of your followers to promote.
    I like the sound of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post

Aside from the incredibly boring mind set it belongs to in what Blizz considered "Content", it single handedly inflated the value of gold by 40 times over or so... That 20k back in MoP ? Now worth 800k in WoD.

It was beyond RETARDED of Blizz to give away free gold and mats. A lot of people made a load of alts just to get all that free gold throwing their followers at gold missions taking 30 seconds in between logging in characters.

Ok unlikely, I know.

I'm not blowing up Reshad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    There's these obscure things like garrison invasions. Yeah, many have never heard of them. I will start one invasion, then fly out. Haha! I actually have one of those boss-summoning crapstones on my DK, i will summon it and then fly off.

Fucking invasions, meh idea, crappy implementation, overall pointless thing.
    The idea isn't bad, it just wasn't good enough. Garrisons also aren't a bad idea in itself.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi