• RAM - G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB DDR3 2400
    • CPU - Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell Quad-Core 3.5GHz
    • GPU - MSI Gaming N780 GeForce GTX 780
    • SSD - Samsung 256GB 840 Pro Series
    • HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200
    • Monitor - 2x ASUS VG248QE 24" 1ms
    • PSU - CORSAIR HX850W
    • Cooling - CORSAIR H100i

I was looking to upgrade my rig slightly and I was seeking advice on what I should upgrade. Budget isn't too much of an issue but if I can reuse a lot of things that would be perfect. I'm looking to play games like Overwatch, The Division, and World of Warcraft Legion. Currently my Nvidia experience has me playing WoW on Ultra settings but I see a lot of FPS drops/lag while in Draenor, etc. Overwatch beta seemed to play just fine as well. I mostly play WoW and stream.

How future proof is my CPU? Will it compete for a few more years? Should I only look at upgrading my Graphics card at this time? Sorry for all the questions but any advice would be great.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMatador View Post
    How future proof is my CPU? Will it compete for a few more years? Should I only look at upgrading my Graphics card at this time? Sorry for all the questions but any advice would be great.
    If it continues like it has in the past 5 years, your CPU will last for another 10 years at this rate. But it's technology and you can't really tell the future. I'd say you are safe for at least a few years as nobody in their right might would make anything that only the latest gen CPUs could run. You might need to consider overclocking at the end though.

And you already kind guessed that graphics are the only real upgrade for you. For WoW your GPU is plenty strong already(might see small upgrades), but for a modern game it should provide a good boost. For WoW overclocking your CPU might be an option to gain more performance.

Deleted
    You don't need to upgrade anything right now.

The 780 should still be plenty for a while, keep it. AMD and Nvidia will release new cards later this year (June - September for AMD, nvidia still unknown but probably not much later). So I would keep your card until then and look around when those new cards are out.

Yeah I got a GTX780 and I'm waiting for the pascal GPU's, kinda sad I did not wait on the 780Ti, much stronger card