View Poll Results: What if Wow was rated R not T? Would you play it ?

Voters
180. This poll is closed
  • Yeah!

145 80.56%
  • No!

35 19.44%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Needs to be a third option for "Does it matter?"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    this is the worse idea ive seen on mmo champion in a while

A mature rated game by a company that didn't look like it was going to try and steal my money? Yeah, why the hell not. So long as the game ran the whole length of the tastefulness spectrum and wasn't all smut or all prudishness I think it could be pretty awesome. It would really give a stronger emotional effect if you didn't have a PG safety net dictating exactly how animalistic things could possibly get, and I do enjoy being pushed outside of my comfort zone.

I think I've talked myself into being a huge fan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Aren't there addons for this?
    Nothing that's sanctioned. I'm pretty sure you still aren't allowed to mod the appearance of the models.

Quote Originally Posted by Moslin View Post
    that is a korean pay to win game.

I want to see an American MMO that's rated M with good gameplay. I have a lot of time and money already invested in wow my 1st mmo. I know it wont change and probably shouldnt but I would welcome a more mature version even if its an entirely different game.
    Except what you describe as what you want WoW to be isn't a more mature version. It's a child's caricature of mature made out of things that are labeled as forbidden. Without anything behind the rated R trappings all it amounts to is wallowing the the stuff that you tell kids they're not allowed to see or have rather than a mature version of anything.

Mom never let me look at the clinical parasitology textbook when I was a kid. Maybe if WoW had more people suffering from parasitic worms it would be more mature.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is too goofy to be properly "M" rated.

I mean WoW has severed heads and hanging bodies and people exploding into guts and stuff all over the place, but it's cartoony enough to not matter.

The game world and characters don't exactly lend themselves to huge amounts of profanity.

So all that we have left is Nudity. Again, the game is a little too "silly" to have any real nudity in it. And besides, that would drive parents off of buying the game for their kids more than violence and language will.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

None of those things would improve the quality of the game even if done right. If done wrong they would lower the quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    There already is a game for people like you, it is called Skyrim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Probably not, because it never would've been as popular as it is now and I stick with it (excluding right now) because of its popularity and wide appeal. I like playing MMORPGs with very large amounts of players.

But if you mean changing it right now, in the life of the game...I wouldn't care that much, but it'd strike me as extremely stupid and meaningless. WoW has never been a game that seemed to shy away from things like blood and even mild gore when it wanted to, and there are already very simple jiggle physics. And butt physics would look absolutely ridiculous considering they don't have the ability to change it based on armor.
    I'd think it's very immature and annoying but I don't think I'd quit just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    I am seriously disappointed in the fact that you completely overlooked the dire need for cock and ball physics to increase the narrative power of WoW in your OP.
    ...I love you for that comment and avatar.

OT: Yes... But I'm an adult and I don't care about ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    making WoW M for mature would mean, it wouldn't feel like WoW anymore.
    Wow hasn't felt like wow since 2008 lmao.

Deleted
    I'd still play it. If anything, having actual fights, nudity, swearing would make the setting more realistic. I mean I doubt the troops wish sunshines and rainbows on eachother when they fight. I think Illidan had those half-dressed elves around for a reason (to forget Tyrande, if you get what I mean).

However, there's a point where I would stop playing it, and that is if they'd exaggerate it beyond realistic only to lure in people. Fully textured gut explosions in high quality, bigger boobs on females "just because" and characters having sex or something "just because". Then the story would become meaningless, as the entire game would be a joke. And while I enjoy games like Saints Row 3 who make jokes of these things too, it wouldn't fit WoW.

But a little realism, even 18+, wouldn't hurt. Just not exaggerated beyond realism to break the 4th wall as much as in Saints Row 3 or 4 as that doesn't fit WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Moslin View Post
    Full Nudity maybe the addition of some serious Breast and Rear end physics on female models.
    Yes, please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Rear end physics

Lol
    Jiggling butts. Yes, please.

I know the people who play on moonguard would be happy at least if their characters could have animated sex together lol.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    I am seriously disappointed in the fact that you completely overlooked the dire need for cock and ball physics to increase the narrative power of WoW in your OP.
    No, please.

I don't see the point of this but I guess I'd still play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Oh yea definitely
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    I know the people who play on moonguard would be happy at least if their characters could have animated sex together lol.
    There's already good nudity mods for the game that people even outside of Moon Guard use (They just need to include male models in addition to the female model ones, imo). As for actual sex "emotes," even in an M rated game would be very unlikely. You're thinking about the AO rating. The AO rating is almost a guarantee in a massive sales drop however, and will essentially never happen. How it is currently is fine, there's a lot of online Warcraft rule 34 stuff out there as well as artist and model rendering people out there that can do essentially whatever you're into.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    No, please.
    You should not underestimate the glory of junk swaying in the crisp morning air and just how much that could improve the storytelling in WoW. It's got narrative potential written all over it. In hair.

And let's face it, 50% of the potential customer base isn't one that views the world through the male gaze. It's time to acknowledge that and let it hang loose and free for as long as the mods allow me to make people uncomfortable with the logical conclusion of special physics just for sexualized body parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    ...I love you for that comment and avatar.
    But our cat and dog avatars mean we must be mortal enemies. At least until the world (of warcraft) comes to an end and reality starts to crumble.

I'm not so sure it'd benefit from an A rating or something, but perhaps more mature things could be added to improve the experience. Things like, y'know, the old WarCraft RTS-style decomposition of slain mobs, people swearing under high-stress situations like battle, more dark themes than normal, that sort of thing.

The only thing nudity-wise that really bugs me is the lack of bulge on male characters, especially since there's bulge on NPCs like the new Ogres. We're men, not Ken dolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    wouldn't affect my playing it or not