Mythic Archimonde Source of Chaos bug

Anyone know what exactly causes the source of chaos on mythic archimonde to bug out and stay alive after a tank gets sacked?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a log of it? I haven't seen that in any of our progression or kills.

Never really found any rhyme or reason to it. Best guess is it has to do with the speed of ressurection - if the tank gets back up before the source manages to despawn, it might just stay active (but the beam has already been broken).
    It happens occasionally, but fairly rarely. Can't really check as we've farmed this week, but try and give it five seconds before taking the ress and see if it works - no rush for the tank to get back in anyway.

It has always happened since day 1, so I doubt it's a bug.

It usually dies in seconds because of mirrors and soul caps though.

In about 400 logged attempts i've seen it twice (maybe more while I was healing). It doesn't actively do anything, i'd wonder if it'd prevent another source from spawning but with cleaves you're never gonna unintentionally have that happen. No idea what causes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Never really found any rhyme or reason to it. Best guess is it has to do with the speed of ressurection - if the tank gets back up before the source manages to despawn, it might just stay active (but the beam has already been broken).
    It happens occasionally, but fairly rarely. Can't really check as we've farmed this week, but try and give it five seconds before taking the ress and see if it works - no rush for the tank to get back in anyway.
    Nah I'm gonna tell my warlocks to soul stone the tanks and tell the tank to Rez asap, I want to pad the crap out of that thing

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Soulcaps being wasted on the Source of Chaos if the tanks are sacking it is the problem
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Maybe he wasn't the tank at the time of spawn.

Deleted
    Happens quite often on out kills, its quit nice for me though because rapid fire can proc on the chimera cleave on it.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    It has always happened since day 1, so I doubt it's a bug.

Main issue with that would be that the soul caps could have been blowing up for full damage on Archi, rather than 50/50 on an entirely useless secondary target . Mirrors, Chim cleave, starfall from class trinket, sure, it'll die eventually. But it's still damage lost if you spend any time hitting it you otherwise would not.

Def don't want ppl hitting sac sources w/soul caps >.>