Thread: RAM on an iMac

Deleted

RAM on an iMac

Im currently playing wow on a 21.5' iMac (mid 2010), it doesnt run the game amazingly, usually on fair settings but it does the job. Im currently using only 4GB of ram, and I am looking to boost that up to 8GB RAM, but id like to ask what kind of difference would it make? would it be worth the money?
    At the moment my computer can be quite slow, which i put down to it being 6 years old. Also i tend to have quite long loading screens in game which are annoying at times.

Will it make any noticeable difference to my gameplay?
    Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're hitting the RAM cap and having to use storage, maybe.

If you aren't, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeshy View Post
    Im currently playing wow on a 21.5' iMac (mid 2010), it doesnt run the game amazingly, usually on fair settings but it does the job. Im currently using only 4GB of ram, and I am looking to boost that up to 8GB RAM, but id like to ask what kind of difference would it make? would it be worth the money?
    At the moment my computer can be quite slow, which i put down to it being 6 years old. Also i tend to have quite long loading screens in game which are annoying at times.

Will it make any noticeable difference to my gameplay?
    Cheers
    My wife uses a 2009 iMac, and its still plenty fast for day to day computing. It probably wouldn't run WoW well (due to the terrible GPU). 8GB of RAM will help, even with just general performance. Also make sure you're up to date on OSX. El Capitan provided a noticable speed/efficiency boost to our two older Macs (my wife's 2009 iMac and our HTPC, which is a 2010 Mac Mini).

Its also cheap and easy to replace on those models.