Thread: rexxar nerf

rexxar nerf

kinda dissapointed about blizz making it harder for him to solo bosses, it was kinda his thing running around the map killing camps and bosses while other people distracted the other team, he can still kinda do it but its still a pretty big nerf to his play style what do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe he could solo it before as early as level 13 which was quite unbalanced compared to other heroes who can also solo it, not to mention what a big impact a boss can have if timed right.

try hungry bear instead
    I'm a thread killer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I believe he could solo it before as early as level 13 which was quite unbalanced compared to other heroes who can also solo it, not to mention what a big impact a boss can have if timed right.
    He could solo a boss at FOUR

He could solo a boss QUICKLY at seven.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the nerf? I didnt see anything in the patch notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    What was the nerf? I didnt see anything in the patch notes.
    Easy prey no longer works with bosses.

Also to the OP, its not a Rexxar nerf, all similar talents were changed (Merc Lord).
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2016-02-08 at 09:16 AM.
    I'm a thread killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    How was that unbalanced? Bosses can not even break through a fort on their own in the early game and they die fairly quickly with just one person attacking it. Plus, soloing a boss is a high risk, high reward type of gameplay because it can easily backfire if the enemy knows how to scout. It was far from being unbalanced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post

Also to the OP, its not a Rexxar nerf, all similar talents were changed (Merc Lord).
    Merc Lord is barely ever picked in the first place. It definitely is a Rexxar nerf.

It made little difference to me as i rarely went for solo bosses. It's a dick move against your team mates if you don't notify them, most of the times because you are more likely to get ganked.

That said, He is still one of the best merc camp soloers out there - give it a try with Easy Prey and the other talent at 7. On maps like Sky temple and BHB, it's still good pressure. And still does well if you have just 2-3 people on a boss. You will capture the faster with Rexxar on your team anyway and your supports can help team ates elsewhere.

All of this is mostly from a QM perspective, because in hero league, you might have to take other talents to be more useful in team fights.

Edit: I also want to add that in case an advancing enemy boss is left solo (for whatever reason), Rexxar deals with them very easily. It is rare you'll see that happen, but its something that Rexxar is just really good at.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2016-02-08 at 10:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    How was that unbalanced? Bosses can not even break through a fort on their own in the early game and they die fairly quickly with just one person attacking it. Plus, soloing a boss is a high risk, high reward type of gameplay because it can easily backfire if the enemy knows how to scout. It was far from being unbalanced.
    First you say it doesn't matter early game the boss effect on the map, then you say it's a high reward type of situation make up your mind. If you noticed i also pointed out level 13.

A boss during an event has an effect on the map, it is unbalanced since other heroes can't do that and they have been nerfing heroes their boss ability ever since beta, this shows it is not intended or wanted that these things are easy to solo.

I rarely play with Rexxar and I don't know if he can solo Towers of Doom boss or not but if he can I can basically understand the reason of why he got nerfed, Soloing this boss is game breaking imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    First you say it doesn't matter early game the boss effect on the map, then you say it's a high reward type of situation make up your mind. If you noticed i also pointed out level 13.

A boss during an event has an effect on the map, it is unbalanced since other heroes can't do that and they have been nerfing heroes their boss ability ever since beta, this shows it is not intended or wanted that these things are easy to solo.
    In the late game it is a high risk,high reward play. The early game not so much, but the risk is still high in that case because of the enemy team being able to stop you. It's not recommended to take the boss until about lvl 10 where the boss becomes powerful enough to push down a fort on its own.

Not intended? It was definitely intended. Heroes like Gazlowe were designed for the sole purpose of pushing camps and soloing bosses and Blizzard even stated this back in Alpha/Beta. If they didn't want Rexxar to solo camps and bosses then they wouldn't have made him able to do so. Even with these changes Rexxar still is able to solo bosses, but not at the same speed as he once could. Nothing has really changed. Soloing bosses is one of last things that I would consider unbalanced in this game, especially in regards to a Hero that isn't even that popular and has only an all right win rate at best.

I am just going to leave this video here with Dustin Browder himself stating what Rexxar's main strengths are:

https://youtu.be/7SDdVEFgczM?t=3m1s
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-02-08 at 12:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of that in the video states that it is intended to solo bosses with ease, no mention is even given anyone who plays the game knows it's a good jungler, that's nothing new. Seeing you can't provide an actual citation about gazlowe, even if that was literally mentioned things change and heroes have been reduced in power such as Sonya that had talents that made it easy for them to be great at soloing such boss camps.

What you consider to be be unbalanced or not is of none importance, it's what the developers do and aim to change that's what matters regarding what is balanced or not.

Anyhow, pointless discussion to keep going on about. I'm going to point out i did say not intended to solo or not intended to be so easy to solo so focusing merely on me stating not intended to be soloed at all is merely looking at half what i said.

well he wasnt that strong as a dps or tank warrior so camps and bosses are his thing, he is mostly just stuns in a teamfight but can get pimp slapped by almost any hero with relative ease so i wouldnt say its op for him to solo bosses, especially with the high chance of a gank squad swooping in for a kill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    well he wasnt that strong as a dps or tank warrior so camps and bosses are his thing, he is mostly just stuns in a teamfight but can get pimp slapped by almost any hero with relative ease so i wouldnt say its op for him to solo bosses, especially with the high chance of a gank squad swooping in for a kill
    He can be rather strong as an assassin that's my experience with him late game. However i think with having to watch both the bear and yourself you can easily lose track of one in a hectic team fight, why i personally don't like him all that much. (Till you get feint death at least)

He was able to solo it as soon as it came up.

try hungry bear instead
    That talent is ass. If you're not gonna get Easy Prey go for the Spirit Swoop talent.

I didn't test this but I'm pretty sure bosses still count as Mercenaries and the change to Easy Prey only affects map bosses like the Garden Terrors and Immortals etc.

I don't see how Rexxar's ability to solo camps required nerfing considering that's barely even useful and he brings pretty much nothing else.

Well at least now they'll be forced to balance him properly as you can't even fall back on the "well his thing is he solos camps" line.

(Which makes him a shitter Gazlowe. Take a moment to think about that sentence.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have done it just this patch, it is possible to still do it. It might take longer, but it is still possible.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose