Typhoon & Ursol's Vortex

Just started playing my bear again and am looking for fun ways to combine talents. When and how to drop Ursol's Vortex? Use it like my DK uses Defile and/or Gorfiend's Grasp? Will Typhoon knock mobs out of the Vortex if I vortex first? Will Vortex bring them all back if I typhoon first?
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-02-08 at 09:41 AM. Reason: clarity & grammar

If you drop vortex then typhoon the mobs will get sucked back into vortex. In most cases vortex doesn't have many uses besides like on Ghosts on Socrethar.

Thanks! I'm just trying to find some fun combos to give the toon some flavor.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just so you're aware, as of right now in the Legion alpha, Ursol's Vortex is a Restoration-exclusive ability. You can enjoy it to your heart's content right now in 6.2.3, but try not to get too attached to it as a bear.

Good to know - thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Just so you're aware, as of right now in the Legion alpha, Ursol's Vortex is a Restoration-exclusive ability. You can enjoy it to your heart's content right now in 6.2.3, but try not to get too attached to it as a bear.
    It looks like we'll have more fun flavor stuff in Legion anyway. Finding a way to spice things up right now is the challenge.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    It looks like we'll have more fun flavor stuff in Legion anyway. Finding a way to spice things up right now is the challenge.
    That should have been a bullet point on the Warlords of Draenor expansion.

New content! (duh)
    Garrisons!
    Facebook games!
    Garrisons..!
    Shipyards!
    Garrisons...?
    And the challenge of finding a way to entertain yourself!
    Also, Garrisons.

COMING NOVEMBER 2014, GARRISONS OF DRAENOR

---

Back on topic, I personally like using the Vortex-Typhoon combination as a mass interrupt. And this is when I am resto, so it'll work in Legion, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Disec View Post
    If you drop vortex then typhoon the mobs will get sucked back into vortex. In most cases vortex doesn't have many uses besides like on Ghosts on Socrethar.
    If you are careful with placement and aiming you can also use it as a ghetto version of DK's gorefiends grasp for the imps on Xhul (if they didn't spawn too far apart) - its a handy interrupt on those imps as well.

Thats what I use Vortex+Typhoon for. It also works well in CM's to save GG for other pulls. Just make sure you're going to knock ALL of whatever it is you're ghettogripping out then back into the ring, otherwise its just sloppy, counter productive, and even potentially problematic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigsby View Post
    Onto bigger issues, Madonna is fucking hideous what go home you're drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by otterfluff View Post
    Thats what I use Vortex+Typhoon for. It also works well in CM's to save GG for other pulls. Just make sure you're going to knock ALL of whatever it is you're ghettogripping out then back into the ring, otherwise its just sloppy, counter productive, and even potentially problematic.
    Yep - seeing that. My bear alt is 96 now, and I tanked a few normal dungeons today to play with pulls and test his macros. Vortex's 2 minute CD means it's not available for every pull, and Typhoon can get messy without it. Especially with the hodgepodge of players you get in normal dungeons targeting random mobs before you agro. Not that any of it is dangerous on normal, but all-in-all good practice for how the abilities work and what can go wrong with a pull.

I LOVE when it comes together and you can Vortex-Typhoon-Berserk-Mangle-Mangle-Mangle-Healing Touch-Mangle-Mangle. Other times, it seems safer to open with Thash so I don't scatter them before I've got their full attention.

After trying hard to play with these, I have just found them to be clunky and awkward more often than useful. I dropped both and replaced with Faerie Swarm and Mighty Bash.

Deleted
    I would say its Typhoon

I use the combo in CMs, throw a Binding in there and your ghetto GG is also a stun.

Overall it is not that great, the binding is the more important portion when I use it, the typhoon is just to trigger and the Ursols to keep AOE going.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Are there any restrictions on Typhoon when used with Ursol's Vortex? I've been trying to use in Bloodmaul Slag Mines, to interrupt the Lava Burst casts, but the ogres seem unaffected by the Typhoon cast? Is this just me or are there any hidden mechanics to this combo?

Quote Originally Posted by Naesala Crescent View Post
    Are there any restrictions on Typhoon when used with Ursol's Vortex? I've been trying to use in Bloodmaul Slag Mines, to interrupt the Lava Burst casts, but the ogres seem unaffected by the Typhoon cast? Is this just me or are there any hidden mechanics to this combo?
    Some creatures are immune to knockback, but pretty sure you can only tell from trial and error.

Ah okay, thanks. Figured out it had to be something like that. That or I'm just insanely bad at placing Typhoon's. Guess the Ogres in BSM are just too heavy.
    Was just wondering 'cause it would've come in handy when doing CM's with my druid, those lava bursts hit pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Disec View Post
    I love using it on that fight

You can use the combo as an extra interrupt. Place vortex on pack, typhoon when casts happen, pack is pulled neatly back together.