Thread: 4th spec

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

4th spec

would mage players even want a healing spec(time theme). i think it would be great for getting around dps que times.

Blizzard can't even be arsed to do content patches anymore. There's no way they'll put in the work for a fourth spec.

I don't think there's really much call for a fourth mage spec, honestly.

Deleted
    I would.
    I have been playing healer before though and the only reason I am not right now is becasue I really dislike thw dps spec options for solo play as one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard already stated that they will not be adding fourth specializations into the game, and went as far as saying they would REMOVE specializations if they could...
    While this could change in the future, I doubt it will be any time soon. Personally, I would prefer to see specializations removed before I see more added.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    I have been playing healer before though and the only reason I am not right now is becasue I really dislike thw dps spec options for solo play as one.
    Tanks and healers have higher damage numbers in Legion so they can do solo play like leveling, questing, and end-game content (Tanaan Jungle).
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adammonroe
    i think it would be great for getting around dps que times.
    emphasis added

And right there you have the answer for why I say: "oh, hells no!" Healers have become the go to for cheesing queues. They drop right after the group zones in, or they tag along as a pocket healer for their buddy (at a guess, multiboxing).
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it's pretty retarded we have three dps specs anyway. With how incompetent Blizzard is at mathematically balancing each specs strengths and weaknesses vs raid encounters, you will never have a need for all three.

Would much prefer one of them to be transformed into a healing role, but I doubt they will do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would really like a mage healing spec focused around time, but Im not sure a 4th spec is the way to go. Perhaps a talent in the arcane spec like how gladiator warrior worked?

Quote Originally Posted by Adammonroe View Post
    would mage players even want a healing spec(time theme). i think it would be great for getting around dps que times.
    I played around with this idea for a long time and it would actually work quite well, rewinding time to heal portions of taken damage and increasing armor and defensive stats for short burst with different abilities, even an AoE time dilation heal that is essentially an AoE stagger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    emphasis added

And right there you have the answer for why I say: "oh, hells no!" Healers have become the go to for cheesing queues. They drop right after the group zones in, or they tag along as a pocket healer for their buddy (at a guess, multiboxing).
    Most tanks don't need healers in heroics now anyways so it is really a moot point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astay View Post
    I would really like a mage healing spec focused around time, but Im not sure a 4th spec is the way to go. Perhaps a talent in the arcane spec like how gladiator warrior worked?
    That isn't a bad idea either, become more of a support arcane Mage.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    I think other classes would be likely to get a 4th spec sooner.

Fistweaving Monk, shaman tank, dps prot warrior

For classes that ALREADY have a niche style of play within an existing spec. Thus the justification for druids to have a 4th spec. I think the only reason they made the 4th spec, was because both dps and tank roles had been pretty well established and performing well. Separating the specs allowed them to fine tune the two without having a hard hitting tank, and a really tanky dps.

These other niche specs within existing specs are underwhelming and underperforming so its much easier to just scrap em.

But what you are talking about is creating an entirely new and different style of play.

Battlemage tank if anything, you can work time into that if you really want.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Blizzard can't even be arsed to do content patches anymore. There's no way they'll put in the work for a fourth spec.
    I know this might be them blowing wind but they said once Legion goes live it will have more content patches than they have ever done, including more dungeons and new areas. They are 300+ strong now for development compared to their 100 ish they had at the beginning of Pandaria and Draenor development working on it. Also since they are now all up to snuff with the technologies Blizzard uses for WoW they are pumping out stuff really quick with the man power they have.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

There's no reason for it. I can't think of a single reason why mages should get heals. I wouldn't mind another DPS spec but again what's the point after the first 3, give another element and you are basically a shaman with different elements.

How about instead of a 4th spec, they give us hybrid specs where we can pick 2 and get certain spells from both, or pick one spec twice to get more powerful spells in that spec.

Deleted
    Hah, no.

Battlemage or Spellbreaker on the other hand, now we're talking.

Soup Master:

Your conjured food can be eaten in combat, in parallel with other casts. Applies a forbearance type debuff "Full" but otherwise no cooldown. "I'm Full" debuff can be removed and suppressed by maintaning active "So Hungry" debuffs on X# of players, similar to keeping up Riptide.

Direct heals via "Force Feed" which consume stacks of food on recipient's behalf and burst heal for a percentage of the equivalent healing.

it's a possibility, with a mage healing spec, would mean no reason to keep the other 10 classes ingame, then you can do whatever with those 4 specs, nothing is OP because everyone is a mage.

p.s yes im bitter how mages have 3 fucking dps specs better than about 8 other classes dps specs. so basically no 4th specs, balance the damn ones in game already.

I could also see some cool DPS potential for a Time spec. Such as warping the time in certain areas, causing body parts and what-not to wither.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonsoul View Post
    Tanks and healers have higher damage numbers in Legion so they can do solo play like leveling, questing, and end-game content (Tanaan Jungle).
    So I've heard but how engaging can Holy Smite to Holy Fire be? Or what does a holy preist get for damage? Wowhead is down for me so I can't look.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnfstc View Post
    Battlemage tank if anything, you can work time into that if you really want.
    Why would they add yet another tank right after DHs?
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-02-08 at 08:41 PM.

I would like to see one of their specs go utilitarian...Other than that, no, no healing spec

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    So I've heard but how engaging can Holy Smite to Holy Fire be? Or what does a holy preist get for damage? Wowhead is down for me so I can't look.
    Sadly there wouldn't be much if anything. I hated leveling my priest in vanilla solo holy, it was pretty brutal. I agree, there should be a bit more lenience with holy. Like not being in a group gives your healing spells a damaging effect.