Add a "writing/fanfic" thread for all things not Warcraft for Offtopic.

As topic says.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    As topic says.
    I would support this, especially if we change it to just a writing / fanfiction / Prose section. Not really places here to share what you write though. As well, even the Warcraft thread of it is quickly forgotten - there is one.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

How about slash fic? I have this great Lorna Crowley/Chromie slash boiling inside me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    How about slash fic? I have this great Lorna Crowley/Chromie slash boiling inside me.
    Wouldn't mind anything, except, maybe would say a no go for erotic, though, hehe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Amazing idea. I just can't imagine what our community (especially at lore section) would cook up, if given a space to share their creations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Amazing idea. I just can't imagine what our community (especially at lore section) would cook up, if given a space to share their creations.
    The lore section is sadly bound as well, but could be cool to see them being allowed to share theirs a bit better as well. I myself, got a good amount of stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    As topic says.
    pretty sure the lore subsection is for that purpose....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    pretty sure the lore subsection is for that purpose....
    But it isn't wide enough, lore section is just for one universe.

I would love a place here to see the work of others'. Fellow writers and lore nerds could also collaborate to keep the foundation of their fiction's fiction solid and therefore more enjoyably believable. Unless you want to do alternate timeline stuff, that's cool too.

I would think the Chat Zone would be ideal for this sort of thing. Could make either a general thread for all non-warcraft fanfic, or make threads for specific fandoms. That way people could share their stuff and have convos about various things pertaining to the topic but not have to stay strictly on topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I would think the Chat Zone would be ideal for this sort of thing. Could make either a general thread for all non-warcraft fanfic, or make threads for specific fandoms. That way people could share their stuff and have convos about various things pertaining to the topic but not have to stay strictly on topic.
    Wouldn't that end up spamming the chat section? I mean, if each story needs a thread, and then a mega thread for general talk of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Wouldn't that end up spamming the chat section? I mean, if each story needs a thread, and then a mega thread for general talk of it?
    Not each story. Each fandom. So like a thread for Dragon Age Fan Fic, a Thread for Pokemon Fanfic, etc. Or even just one thread for all non-warcraft fanfic would work as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not each story. Each fandom. So like a thread for Dragon Age Fan Fic, a Thread for Pokemon Fanfic, etc. Or even just one thread for all non-warcraft fanfic would work as well.
    Don't think a thread for all the fandoms alone, would have to be one for each realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like (this is just an opinion, I promise) it would be so scarcely used, more of a niche thing. May be better to have a different existing forum for them to go into- I understand wanting it for better organization and things to not get lost, but I still think it would be one of the slowest sections with not very high demand for it's existence.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I feel like (this is just an opinion, I promise) it would be so scarcely used, more of a niche thing. May be better to have a different existing forum for them to go into- I understand wanting it for better organization and things to not get lost, but I still think it would be one of the slowest sections with not very high demand for it's existence.
    I know, Splenda. It is more of convenience, I know as we've talked about a while back as well. It would be awesome but wouldn't have enough people. One can dream, can we not?

15+ Year Old Account
    Or you know, they could post them in media/video game section. Like we have a Flash tv thread, you could put your Flash fanfics in that(because our flash theories anyways!)...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess, another way to work around it would be to make a megathread, when a new story is made, a link to the post is given to one who can edit the OP to make an index. Would be messy with commenting though, with a megathread. Unless a Locked post stating as an index to genres, each genre link leading to a megathread of said genre - but again, too big and messy.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Or you know, they could post them in media/video game section. Like we have a Flash tv thread, you could put your Flash fanfics in that(because our flash theories anyways!)...
    That could potentially work as well, but the reason I suggested the Chat Forum over there is because I can easily see how a long thread about people's fanfics would easily get a bit off topic and people would probably also end-up just generally chatting. Which could be an issue for a thread in media/video but wouldn't be an issue in the chat forum.