Deleted

Windwalker/class discrimination in pugs?

Anyone experienced discrimination as a WW? I usually pve as BRM and pvp as WW so I'm not used to getting dismissed so often during mythic dungeon pugs. Even had a couple of groups/leaders who've asked the rest of the group whether or not WW/monk dps is any good (despite matching their ilvl criteria) and I thought most players had figured out how monks worked by now, feels like getting a demonology treatment :/

Granted I haven't met too many WWs in general compared to all the other dps classes. I play on EU server btw.

I'm just wondering whether or not its been a streak of bad luck or if there is any pattern to it? What is your experience?

Quote Originally Posted by fallenheaven View Post
    Anyone experienced discrimination as a WW? I usually pve as BRM and pvp as WW so I'm not used to getting dismissed so often during mythic dungeon pugs. Even had a couple of groups/leaders who've asked the rest of the group whether or not WW/monk dps is any good (despite matching their ilvl criteria) and I thought most players had figured out how monks worked by now, feels like getting a demonology treatment :/

Granted I haven't met too many WWs in general compared to all the other dps classes. I play on EU server btw.

I'm just wondering whether or not its been a streak of bad luck or if there is any pattern to it? What is your experience?

It's just that for 5 mans WW are generally not bringing the stat buffs you want. Druid, DK, shaman DPS cover most of the desirable ones.

Either way, 5 mans are fluff content no reason they should be discriminating you even if monks aren't the best there.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WW has a bad reputation because its difficult to play really well and it has certain gear requirements like 4pc and SDI that other specs dont, or at least not to the same extent. That being said, WW can be incredibly strong in 5mans with SEF, CX, and RJW, so any discrimination is due to them being idiots, not the spec being useless.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    I guess my suspicion wasn't far off, a combination of class difficulty and mechanical unfit for most fights. At least we get to keep our TeB stacks prior boss fights unlike raids. Burst-wise I'd suppose hurricane strike would be more fitting but lacking CE would be worse for overall dmg including trash that is. At least BRM is still in demand

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Deleted
    WW can be either really good or really bad in 5man(depends on your skill). People in pugs are always suspicious, thats why they are asking for ilvls higher than needed, because they don't want to risk inviting someone who can't pull their own weight. So, if your ilvl isn't 740+ then people will be suspicious about you as WW.

Deleted
    Ranged dps is the safe bet, overall they deal more dps, and stay out of harms way, giving the healers the opportunity to tanks and not meele dps who stood in the boss mechanic.