Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    WJ Archimonde, continue using FBs on him to generate FoF procs, and have mouseover macros for IL and FFB. Job done.
    That is easily the best way to maximize WJ and FoF procs, losing very little add DPS because FBs damage is laughable anyway. #1 Frost parse on Archi has it doing 39k a hit.... While IL and FFB do 3x that.
    This.

Unless you've never played frost or something, no one is going to WJ low HP adds purposefully. You always WJ a target that you know will live long enough (and if not, then you just eat the DPS loss if there is a gain for w/e reason for WJing something). All the issues that WarcraftMages brings up are easily just fixed with macros and not tunneling whatever target you're on.

AKA git gud

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelovV View Post
    What you are saying is true and at the same time false. Guys commenting here have killed Archimonde Mythic, they are not the newbies, and I guess they have enough frost experience so far to be able to execute everything the correct way and won't decide to WJ low HP target. Also WJing + FB redirects poor dmg compared to FFB and FoF with Archimonde trinket (it is so poor that it is irrelevant).

And I know how your "researches" work - Someone said this, someone said that... Oh, it must be true...

About the doomfires, there is no way you are getting 1 DF without using BL/Hero (progression), we had 3 Arcanes and 2 Subs and sometimes got the 2nd with BL popped. But if you manage to go into the nether with BL you will have an easier time.
    Yeah, I'd hope that anyone working on M Archimonde would be smart enough not to WJ an add.

Anyways, play Arcane if you're pushing for 1 doomfire. Other than that, both Frost and Arcane are fine - play what you have the gear for or are better at. Both have pros and cons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthenar View Post
    Very useful
    Are you just replying to every thread in the mage forum with 2-3 word replies?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Side question, is there any point where fire would be acceptable on Arch? I've been beginning to enjoy it on Xhul
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Fire is alright. Similar to arcane in that it's high burst, but not that great at killing adds outside of CDs, unless arcane is running orb. Wouldn't recommend fire if your guild decides to delay rig for substantial periods.

I personally wouldn't suggest fire for arch until you have him on farm.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ya I thought about it some more and um just nore comfortable at arcane at this point.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I recently swapped mains to Mage from Shadow Priest for Archimonde because my guild was using the 1 doomfire hero at the start strat. I would highly recommend sticking with Arcane for this fight and going with that strat. The second doomfire causes your DPS to plummet in the next phase as you need to assign more people to pick up fire. This causes you to stick around in chains / lasers for far too long and it can add many many wipes onto progression since when you first see last phase, it will be a mess initially getting the mark of the legion down.

3 heal + lust at start if you have to, do the single doom fire strat. We downed it in just under 250 pulls, some of these were face pulls and some were without our main team due to attendance issues. I could see another 50-100 pulls just working out the doomfire in p1, and thats not including the added time in P1/2 means more stress on healers.

We've almost got this boss dead, next week for sure (at 150 pulls now) and I just wanted to revisit this with some feedback. imo I fully agree with the advice given earlier by GwiGwi and others that beat M Arch pre ilvl upgrades, frost is the way to go. We have 3 mages and one of them is only comfortable playing arcane and hates frost, and he switched into frost even and min / maxed for it. Prior to that we were very inconsistent, sometimes he'd be topping the meters still at 300k by the second doomfire, and sometimes we'd get a 3rd doomfire and he'd be way at the bottom at 75k. The rng is real and it wasn't good for progression. We started seeing phase 3 consistently shortly after he switched as well. Probably half of our raid is in the 730's, we have one player who is 725 at best, there's no way we can possibly push one doomfire.

Frost has been very stable and consistent, I'm very glad that I switched to it. Thanks for the advice

I wouldn't generalize. That spec is an arcane art to master if you haven't optimized the rotation, the keybinds and the moving steps for a complex fight. I would not suggest it to someone playing frost all of the time or to those with little experience.

It probably takes about a year or two to control arcane properly.

Frost can do almost the best it can within a month.
    Last edited by WarcraftMages; 2016-02-21 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftMages View Post
    lol ok

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't generalize. That spec is an arcane art to master if you haven't optimized the rotation, the keybinds and the moving steps for a complex fight. I would not suggest it to someone playing frost all of the time or to those with little experience.

It probably took me about a year or two to control arcane properly.

Fixed it for you. You are welcome.

No idea why it would take you that long, it's fairly straight forward to play .... and no idea why you would bother posting in this thread, completely off topic, derailing. If you do actually play arcane, then you full understand the rng right now and how it can be drastically different, mostly due to PoF procs, and going back on topic ... while it was really nice to get through certain mechanics more quickly when the rng was great, it was frustrating for our raid leader and discouraging to the raid as well to not have consistency for every pull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelovV View Post
    Fixed it for you. You are welcome.
    I love you,not much more to say.

I doubt we are on the same context on that sentence you supposedly fixed. I wasn't talking about mastering Patchwerk. This is relevant because we are talking about a complex boss that having learned Arcane mainly for Patchwerk is a problem in it.