Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Good, I hope Assad and Russia do win so we can finally get rid of all these refugees.

We just have to hope the paranoid western powers and 'hoomun ritez' nuts don't interfere.

Here's a short list of leaders in the Arab world who have taken a stance against Islamism either through military intervention or secular governance(or both):

-Muammar Gaddafi
    -Saddam Hussein
    -Bashar al-Assad

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Here's a short list of leaders in the Arab world who have taken a stance against Islamism either through military intervention or secular governance(or both):

-Muammar Gaddafi
    -Saddam Hussein
    -Bashar al-Assad
    Don't be so naive.

A video aired by a British television station purporting to show Syrian patients being tortured in hospital appears to support increasingly grave allegations pointing to crimes against humanity, the U.N. torture investigator said on Tuesday.

Juan Mendez, United Nations special rapporteur on torture worldwide, said that while he had not seen the Channel 4 video, it seemed in line with recent reports he has received on Syrian forces torturing opponents.

"Unfortunately this new allegation is consistent with what my mandate (office) has been receiving over the last several months. The new allegation only adds to the gravity of the situation," Mendez told Reuters in Geneva.

The secretly shot video, which Channel 4 aired on Monday, showed what it said were Syrian patients being tortured by medical staff at a state-run hospital in Homs.

That's how they kept power, terrorizing their citizens.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Good, I hope Assad and Russia do win so we can finally get rid of all these refugees.

We just have to hope the paranoid western powers and 'hoomun ritez' nuts don't interfere.
    It really is a shame that we're at a point where human rights are prefered to be ignored, I guess killing children is a lesser crime than rape in the West.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Don't be so naive.
    Your post isn't actually relevant to the one you're quoting, bolding it doesn't make it so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    It really is a shame that we're at a point where human rights are prefered to be ignored, I guess killing children is a lesser crime than rape in the West.
    In all fairness it's not like the "rebels" are any better, torturing POWs to death, hacking up children, etc. Had the west not supported them this whole mess would all have been over and done with ages ago and Russia would never have gotten involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Don't be so naive.

A video aired by a British television station purporting to show Syrian patients being tortured in hospital appears to support increasingly grave allegations pointing to crimes against humanity, the U.N. torture investigator said on Tuesday.

Juan Mendez, United Nations special rapporteur on torture worldwide, said that while he had not seen the Channel 4 video, it seemed in line with recent reports he has received on Syrian forces torturing opponents.

"Unfortunately this new allegation is consistent with what my mandate (office) has been receiving over the last several months. The new allegation only adds to the gravity of the situation," Mendez told Reuters in Geneva.

The secretly shot video, which Channel 4 aired on Monday, showed what it said were Syrian patients being tortured by medical staff at a state-run hospital in Homs.

That's how they kept power, terrorizing their citizens.
    Western Teevee Viewer: "Death isn't kind enough for terrists!"
    Assad: K. *torture*
    Western Teevee Viewer: "AWMIGAWD ASSAD MUST DIE!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I just want what's best for the west and what's best for the west is that Russia and Assad win so the refugees can go home. I don't care what happens to them after that.

When it's our women being raped and their children being murdered I'd rather protect our women.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    People seem to have a short memory about how (and WHY) this all started. It cannot end while Assad is in power, without the extermination of 40% of the Syrian people, which incidentily seems to be what Assad and Russia are going for....
    I know that U.S. goverment think they know better, but maybe let Syrian people decide for themselves whom they want to see in power in their country?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I just want what's best for the west and what's best for the west is that Russia and Assad win so the refugees can go home. I don't care what happens to them after that.

When it's our women being raped and their children being murdered I'd rather protect our women.
    I can certainly understand where you're coming from, and I'm also very split between fuck'em and thinking that we should do something altho I have no idea what.

Well... Crappy situation and whoever wins, it's still a loss for the people of Syria.

Deleted
    If those refugees want to have human rights then they should fight for it themselfs and not run away.
    Do you think we always had human rights here in the western world? nope but those ppl fought for it long time ago.

ps, ppl in the middle east dont really care if childeren are getting killed aswell otherwise why would you get childeren at all in a part of the world where you know your child has a high risk on bad things to happen.

I dont even understand ppl in the EU anymore that get childeren when you know what future is waiting for them in the next 50 years.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2016-02-09 at 03:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Well no one had the balls to remove Assad and this is what we have in our hands now. Simple as that.
    And now Russia is backing him and now they'll be even more scared to do anything.
    Wasn't it more like, no one could try remove Assad, because Russia was backing him from right in the beginning? ^^"

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Wasn't it more like, no one could try remove Assad, because Russia was backing him from right in the beginning? ^^"
    Well, Russian position from get-go was "Show us clear plan how things will get better! No plan, not even showing how 'Assad must go' will solve everything? Then Syrian people decide who should stay or leave; and that means Assad stays as the only one elected."

Funny how some want this to be the case so that the refugees can go back to Syria. Assad winning equals the refugees not going back to Syria. They are Sunni and so they won't want to go back after Assad have been slaughtering Sunni's throughout this war. And Assad won't want them back because they are Sunni's and were sympathetic towards the rebels and taking them back would threaten his newly gained stability. And Russia would be more than happy to see the refugees not return because, as is evident, the so called 'refugee crisis in Europe' has made parts of the population in the EU turn to national conservative or worse politicians, aka people of Putin's persuasion, that seek to undo the European Union, divide us and reduce our personal freedom, right up the alley of Putin.

Latest news, though, is that Saudi Arabia and its Arab allies intend to send ground troops into Syria due to the recent developments. So sure, it might not become a quagmire, but it might not be the case that Assad will win either, rather the case may be that this 'civil war' now becomes a proper War. Turkey seems very unkeen on the idea of Assad walking away from this too. So, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, etc. vs. Russia, Iran and Syria. And what of the US in that situation? Will they start shooting down Russian airplanes? They'd have to wouldn't they. That certainly would be a dangerous development. But what else could they do if such a war become reality.

That's.... fine?

The only point of Syria is fun things like this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-militia.html

Videos claiming to show US missiles killing senior Russian military officials put online by CIA-backed Free Syrian Army militia
    Video shows missile striking uniformed figures on a rooftop; CIA-backed Free Syrian Army claim Russian military officials are among the dead
    Missiles used claimed to be US-produced TOW anti-tank munitions
    Russia yet to confirm or deny deaths
    Online interview with man who fired missile claims that one of the dead mean was a 'high-ranking Russian officer'

Some have expressed concerns that the deaths echo the proxy war fought between the US and Russia in Afghanistan in the 1980s

Members of the CIA-backed Free Syrian Army (FSA) have published a video purporting to show them killing senior Russian military officials with US-made TOW anti-tank missiles in Syria, causing some to liken the situation in the country to the Soviet-Afghan proxy war fought between the US and Russia in the 1980s.
    The video, titled '03/02/2016 Northern Divsion: TOW missile kills leaders of Russian aggression in Al-Sahel,' opens on a member of the FSA's Northern Division aiming a rocket launcher at a target off-camera, and pulling the trigger. The next shot shows a rocket hitting uniformed men on a rooftop, sending debris flying.
    Text beneath the video on YouTube says the victims were 'leaders of Russian aggression' and names Al-Sahel, a village in Western Syria.

According to The Daily Beast, two-and-a-half hours after the video was uploaded, another group, Revolutionary Forces of Syria (RFS), tweeted: 'Death of Russian Military Commander in #Syria targeted with a TOW missile by Northern Division in #Al-Kurds Mountain in #Lattakia,'
    Lattakia is the ancestral home of Russia-supported Syrian president Bashar Hafez al-Assad, who is opposed by both the opposition Free Syrian Army militia and the US government. It is located around two-and-a-half hours' drive from Al-Sahel.
    The same day, pro-opposition group Local Co-ordination Committee of Syria (LCCS) posted this on their Facebook page: '‪#‎Latakia‬ 15 militants, including 3 Russian officers and 4 Assad's forces [sic] officers, were confirmedly [sic] killed when the revolutionist battalions targeted with a TOW missile a security meeting today in #Marj Khoukha in #Kurds Mountain.'
    Russian forces had been sighted in the region of Marj Khoukha village the previous month, according to independent website Information Napalm.

Later on Wednesday, Turkish news agency Andalou Agency reported the story, saying that four Russian officers were hit in the attack.

And the following day, the RFS media office's YouTube account published an interview with the man seen in the initial video, an officer from the FSA's Northern Division. 'The Anti-Aircraft Battalion affiliated with the Northern Division got information from the battalion commander that some Russians were scouting in the Turkmen Mountains,' he said, according to a translation by The Daily Beast.
    'We took the TOW base and, following the reconnaissance mission, we found a number of Russian soldiers gathered on the rooftop of a building. I dealt with them and one of the dead was a high-ranking Russian officer, alongside some Russian officers and Syrian officers.'
    The video also shows another rocket striking a parked car.

The story was muddied, however, by reporting from pro-Russian sources. One hour after the initial video, the state-owned TASS news agency said that one Russian general sent to advise Assad's army had been killed in the region, but that he had died on Monday, felled by ISIS-controlled mortar fire.
    This was backed up by Russian Ministry of Defence spokesman Igor Konashenkov, who was quoted in independent publication Novaya Gazeta as saying that a general had died in hospital due to ISIS mortar-inflicted wounds. The attack was rumored to have occurred on January 26.
    Meanwhile, pro-Russian paper Komsomolskaya Pravda reported that a general had been killed near Marj Khoukha village, the area named by the LCCS, but said that he was killed by Turkish forces, not the FSA.

The FSA is known to be backed by the CIA, which sells TOW anti-tank missiles to the rebels via Saudi Arabia, but retains an end-user agreement that allows them to veto certain attacks, The Daily Beast said.
    The website also says that 'multiple' anonymous FSA sources have told its reporters that rebels are primarily trained in Jordan and Qatar, but sometimes also in Turkey or Saudi Arabia, before entering the Syrian border.
    One source told the site: 'With the TOW, each 50-man team gets one launcher and five missiles. They’re told to make a video verifying the missiles’ use and bring the spent missile casings to show they haven’t sold them or whatever.'

It is suggested by The Daily Beast that if the videos are correct and Russian officials have indeed been killed by US-supplied weapons, the situation in Syria may become a repeat of the US-Russian proxy war fought in Afghanistan in the 1980s, in which US-backed rebels fought Russian troops.
    In October last year, the BBC reported on Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov's warning of a 'proxy war' developing in the area.
    Speaking on the US's announcement that its troops would openly train opposition forces for the purposes of fighting ISIS, he said: "I am convinced that neither the United States nor Russia, of course, want any kind of slide into a so-called proxy war. But to me it is obvious that this situation makes the task of co-operation between the militaries even more relevant.'
    As I've been saying for the past two years, even before Russia put forces into Syria, if at the end of this, the pro-Assad side inherits a worse-off, broken, expensive version of what they had in 2009, and the US has used this time very very well. They can even keep Assad. Who cares. Who want's to win a broken Syria? Fuck Syria. I don't give two shits about the Syrians. But to weaken our enemies? Already happening. Thank you CIA.

The only point for any US operations in Syria is to (1) keep a lid on ISIS and (2) via proxy war kill Russians and kill Iranians. Both of which are happening. The second that stops happening, fuck it... let's do something.

So send more Generals, Russia!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish Russia the best of luck. Assad regaining full control of the country was always the only road to a peaceful outcome.

I hope America and Turkey are called to account for prolonging this pointless war with their terrorist proxy forces.

Ye or se what the guy you posted say when HIS human rights are violated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putin is going to bring peace to Syria by cluster bomb, and (just like in Chechnya) it's going to work. As much as we hate Assad in the West, it's not like there is any viable alternative presented in Syria. Funding rebel groups is a waste of money, and it needs to stop. Erdogan has also long needed this type of 'correction' to his policy.

Everyone knows that as long as Russia is involved, Saudia Arabia (for all its talk) isn't going to send in ground troops. If Putin decides to go against OPEC quota rulings as a result, Riyadh's massively renty regime will loose power much more quickly than the Kremlin will as a result.
    Last edited by Berri; 2016-02-09 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    I wish Russia the best of luck. Assad regaining full control of the country was always the only road to a peaceful outcome.

I hope America and Turkey are called to account for prolonging this pointless war with their terrorist proxy forces.
    The US is infact trying not to get involve this time and say that this is the EU problem yet here we go again the US is again the country to blame.
    No matter what the US is doing its always the wrong thing in ppl's eyes.

Maybe you should leave the US alone for once, ps Turkey has milions of refugees and giving them food and cloths with there tax.
    And you call them terrorists? i think you should really have a 2e look at the situation.