10+ Year Old Account

[Prot] Cmode Gearing

While I plan on having crit/mastery on every single piece of gear for tanking cmodes, I also want to get BiS trinkets. The goal here is to maximize damage and critical strike.

What would be the best trinkets that one could obtain for tanking gold cmodes?

Thank you!
    Twitch.tv/ericn_tv

Deleted
    I believe it would be Scabbard and Imperator Mar'gok trinket for a high DPS build, though I may be wrong on the latter.

Scabbard/Anzu plume + Bronzed Elekk Statue
    Anzu and elekk got insane uptime and its easier to link wthem with pots/cd's

If you're going for straight damage probably scabbard/plume. The mastery from plume is always up and converts to AP on top of the oodles of BA. Edit: I've seen people use Chorus too although it's literally useless for bosses it could probably do some serious damage on those big pulls.

When I tanked them I used Anzu's Plume and Blast Furnace Door. If you optimize all crit/mastery gear you're already going to do some really great damage on the big pulls with shockwave/BS/Ravager which is why I personally opted for more defensive type of trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladio View Post
    If you're going for straight damage probably scabbard/plume. The mastery from plume is always up and converts to AP on top of the oodles of BA. Edit: I've seen people use Chorus too although it's literally useless for bosses it could probably do some serious damage on those big pulls.

When I tanked them I used Anzu's Plume and Blast Furnace Door. If you optimize all crit/mastery gear you're already going to do some really great damage on the big pulls with shockwave/BS/Ravager which is why I personally opted for more defensive type of trinkets.
    Always wondered about Shockwave, are you technically nurturing your damage by stunning everything so you don't get any revenge resets and no extra rage or does the overall damage of Shockwave outweigh that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Always wondered about Shockwave, are you technically nurturing your damage by stunning everything so you don't get any revenge resets and no extra rage or does the overall damage of Shockwave outweigh that?
    Very Interesting idea Ashtwo,

I guess the case against Shockwave is that it not only might reduce (I'm guessing you are going for "neutering" here) your revenge output, but also you make yourself incredibly spiky by having the mob's swing timer reset.

What I do enjoy is the "grace period" it gives my healer to rebound from a steady intake of damage, along with the overall damage FROM shockwave being a great factor.

I can run the numbers for at what point are we losing damage on revenge for shockwave - but really does it matter? Asking a tank to not have an AoE stun on a 20 second CD that helps your team is kind of a no-brainer, even if you are losing a bit of dps.

Great idea though Ash
    Twitch.tv/ericn_tv

Deleted
    Yeah, not sure why I typed Nurturing! I fully agree it's worth using it, just crossed my mind a few times friom a purely selfish damage increase point of view

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Yeah, not sure why I typed Nurturing! I fully agree it's worth using it, just crossed my mind a few times friom a purely selfish damage increase point of view
    Totally agree with you. Any damage increase is pivotal in my book :P
    Twitch.tv/ericn_tv

Quote Originally Posted by EricN View Post
    Very Interesting idea Ashtwo,

I guess the case against Shockwave is that it not only might reduce (I'm guessing you are going for "neutering" here) your revenge output, but also you make yourself incredibly spiky by having the mob's swing timer reset.

What I do enjoy is the "grace period" it gives my healer to rebound from a steady intake of damage, along with the overall damage FROM shockwave being a great factor.

I can run the numbers for at what point are we losing damage on revenge for shockwave - but really does it matter? Asking a tank to not have an AoE stun on a 20 second CD that helps your team is kind of a no-brainer, even if you are losing a bit of dps.

Great idea though Ash
    Swing timers reset isn't a huge concern as long as you know its coming. As for revenge resets, during the stun duration you can bladestorm safely and then drop ravager coming out of BS, I think you'll get significantly more damage that way. If you have a follow up stun (had cap totem in my group) a lot of the pulls end up dying before stun ends anyways.

As someone said above, Scabbard and Evergaze Arcane Eidolon from Imperator are going to be your highest DPS trinkets. Tablet from Hanz and Franz is also really strong to use on pulls when Scabbard is down, but be mindful of the 30s cd it goes on when you equip it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladio View Post
    Swing timers reset isn't a huge concern as long as you know its coming. As for revenge resets, during the stun duration you can bladestorm safely and then drop ravager coming out of BS, I think you'll get significantly more damage that way. If you have a follow up stun (had cap totem in my group) a lot of the pulls end up dying before stun ends anyways.
    Thought Bstorm wasn't that effective due to the damage being based off of your 1 hander?
    Twitch.tv/ericn_tv

Bladestorm is the majority of your damage. It isn't weakened by using a one-hander like it was in early MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Bladestorm is the majority of your damage. It isn't weakened by using a one-hander like it was in early MoP.
    Thank you!
    Twitch.tv/ericn_tv