10+ Year Old Account

Is this case worth the money?

It's on sale atm. I'll likely be getting a 6600k, gtx 950, 8gb ram. Also needs room for a wireless network adapter, a disk drive, and plenty of airflow. Will it meet my needs, and if so, is it a good case/deal for the money? I don't have the money atm to order all of my parts, so if it's worth it I'll get it now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I6B...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Yes, but don't buy the gtx950, it's a "meh" card.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just need something that works until the new gpus come out this year. But that case is better than similarly priced cases? Sale end soon, so I need to know if I should buy it.

Deleted
    I wouldn't buy it no. Most annoying of all, doesn't support most good aftermarket coolers, not even the old CM hyper evo. So you are not in US but Canada? I remember your thread you had links from US?
    For Canada rather get:

- Corsair 200R @ 70cad.
    - Fractal Design core 3000 @ 75
    - NZXT S340 @ 95

10+ Year Old Account
    Some how the amazon link changed to an office Depot link.. Im also from US. I have never even visited Officedepots website, so I dont know how that happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    I wouldn't buy it no. Most annoying of all, doesn't support most good aftermarket coolers, not even the old CM hyper evo.
    I recently built a system with that case (4690K, 970, etc) with a Hyper Evo and it was a tight fit but it fit just fine.

I'd say there are just as good cases for cheaper, but it's certainly not a bad one. I was happy with the result, as was my friend.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the correct link, but I suppose its the same case.

It keeps changing the link to office depot... I have no idea why. Anyways, thanks I guess. Ill just order it all at once when i have 100% of the funds. Only have 650 dollars atm. Waiting on another 300 to come in before I can afford everything Ill need.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I recently built a system with that case (4690K, 970, etc) with a Hyper Evo and it was a tight fit but it fit just fine.
    How can it fit when it only supports 150mm cpu coolers and evo is 158? Are you sure it was Spec-01 and not Spec-03?
    In the case that it was indeed spec-01 what does tight fit mean? Cooler was touching the side panel-window?

Looks to me it can fit a sizable air cooler.

http://www.eteknix.com/corsair-carbi...ssis-review/4/

The cooler in the case - which is 6.5" (165mm) tall fits although tightly.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=3938566&SID=
    Last edited by Bigvizz; 2016-02-10 at 10:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The documented clearance is 150mm, however due to the recessed side panel it seems that it could allow a bit longer clearance, however from the looks of it, if the heat sink is too wide or positioned asymmetrically (Like NH-D15S) then it'll hit the non recessed part of the panel. That's what I see, maybe someone else knows a bit more about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    For that price, no. You can save another $20 and get a case of MUCH better design and quality. The ones kostattoo linked are good, I'd throw the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M into the mix as well for $79.