Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Even though I greatly despise raiding I do agree with your premise. However, your conclusion is faulty and way off base. The bulk of the devs time goes into raiding. Blizzard already boasts the largest dev team in WOW history as well as the largest in MMO dev team history yet they can't eliminate the year long raid droughts (after 4 tries and counting). The problem isn't that they focus too much time and effort on other content, the problem is they stopped creating WOW with fun in mind and now create WOW based on monetization.

Dumbest OP today. Grats you beat out stiff competition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Even though I greatly despise raiding I do agree with your premise. However, your conclusion is faulty and way off base. The bulk of the devs time goes into raiding. Blizzard already boasts the largest dev team in WOW history as well as the largest in MMO dev team history yet they can't eliminate the year long raid droughts (after 4 tries and counting). The problem isn't that they focus too much time and effort on other content, the problem is they stopped creating WOW with fun in mind and now create WOW based on monetization.
    Well. They stopped creating the world in favour of a few instances. This includes Garrisons and Class Halls.

I would unsub directly if they removed PvP. However, given that they actually seem to spend basicly no time at all on PvP i guess there would be no point in removing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    I believe raiding is the single most important aspect of WoW.
    I believe it is necessary for the game to have raiding as an element, since without it the world will feel shallow and things like well run guilds serve no purpose. However, I do not believe it is something that a significant fraction of the playerbase needs to take part in directly. I certainly wouldn't want to raid anymore, and certainly not do the braindead LFR crap.

If they abandoned everything except raiding and dungeons there wouldn't be any content draughts.
    Content droughts are caused by Blizzard's greed. Pure and simple. They will produce the minimal amount of content they can get away with, because every dollar saved in content creation is a dollar that goes directly to the bottom line of the company. So even if they stopped creating other content, they wouldn't increase the amount of dungeons and raids created.

Blizzard's greed is really out of control. It already costs you about three AAA games worth of money to play WoW for a year. Yet many years you get a single content patch for your money, which is basically a map pack's worth of content. While you paid for three AAA games.

All I do in this game anymore is raid, and I won't touch MMOs unless they have challenging and fun raid end-games.

Your idea is awful, even for raiders.