Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzard's Abuse of TOS

So this is the 13th time in WoD that I have been given a two day ban for doing little more than disagreeing with people in chat and producing a counterargument on a wide variety of topics. Not even 30 minutes ago I was literally debating how blizzards abuse of the report/giving people suspensions system goes against the first amendment.
    And then a GM thing pops up, they say im getting a 48 hour suspension with a prerecorded message and kick me without giving me a chance to talk to them.

Im getting rather fed up with this blatent injustice that I consider a attack on both the first amendment and culture of america or rather freedom of any kind as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I suggest you click "Do Not Agree" next time you are asked if you agree with the rules.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Im getting rather fed up with this blatent injustice that I consider a attack on both the first amendment and culture of america or rather freedom of any kind as a whole.
    The first amendment doesn't apply to a privately own video game company. Simply put, reread Blizzard's rules and don't break them if you want to play.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

So this is the 13th time in WoD that I have been given a two day ban for doing little more than disagreeing with people in chat and producing a counterargument on a wide variety of topics. Not even 30 minutes ago I was literally debating how blizzards abuse of the report/giving people suspensions system goes against the first amendment.
    And then a GM thing pops up, they say im getting a 48 hour suspension with a prerecorded message and kick me without giving me a chance to talk to them.

The First Amandment does not allow you to act like a dick or say whatever you want in Blizzard games.

You could always take your money elsewhere. And why have you not learned after the first 12 times that no one wants to listen to your drivel?

The first amendment has nothing to do with talking in wow. It deals with the government telling you what you can and can't say.

I'd like to see exactly what you said that they infracted you for.

Would you care to share the text of the account action email they sent?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Azeroth and Draenor != The United States of America
    Blizzard Entertainment != The US Government

10+ Year Old Account
    Your problem isn't with Blizzard's TOS, but rather a fundamental lack of understanding of civics and how the first amendment works and relates to private enterprise.

From what i gather it only takes one person with a ticket to get someone banned.

And i think its time to expand all amendments to effect everything everywhere, because corporations should not be allowed to be acting dictators.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Until blizzard becomes Congress, there is no possible way they can infringe upon the First Amendment.

7+ Year Old Account
    El oh el.
    I needed a good laugh today.
    Thank you OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

Next time your game updates don't press "I Agree" with the TOS. Press whatever the other option is (I don't agree?) and this will resolve your problems. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Until blizzard becomes Congress, there is no possible way they can infringe upon the First Amendment.
    They did just absorb MLG so they seem to have a liking for buying broken things, who knows, maybe congress is next

Im getting rather fed up with this blatent injustice that I consider a attack on both the first amendment
    So you have absolutely no idea how the First Amendment or the US Constitution in general works?

Gotcha.

Honestly, if we could get two-day bans from their favorite activity for everybody who spouts this kind of misrepresentation of the Constitution, our society would be in a much better place.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account

I played WoW for 7 years. Never once was I banned for any reason at all.

It's you, not blizzard.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    They did just absorb MLG so they seem to have a liking for buying broken things, who knows, maybe congress is next

I would see that as a possible improvement over the current congress. :-s

From what i gather it only takes one person with a ticket to get someone banned.

And i think its time to expand all amendments to effect everything everywhere, because corporations should not be allowed to be acting dictators.
    Have you ever stopped to think maybe Blizzard isn't to blame for your actions but you are? That maybe you're the problem?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Then it appears our constitution simply dosent work with capitalism.
    And now i officially support a full government takeover of all businesses of any and all kinds simply so the constitutional amendments apply to all businesses of any kind.

thanks blizzard, for causing social change.

It's a video game, you have the rights they give you to use their service. Go to a restaurant and be a total dick to everyone because it's "within your rights" and see how fast you get kicked out.

Stop being entitled, its ruining the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then it appears our constitution simply dosent work with capitalism.
    Naw, I blame our education system for your lack of basic understanding.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-