Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    And i think its time to expand all amendments to effect everything everywhere, because corporations should not be allowed to be acting dictators.
    I'm getting this distinct impression this isn't a serious discussion for you.

But in case it is -- although a (sort of) noble sentiment the actually application of all the amendments across the board is unworkable. You'd completely abolish any sort of protections against indecency or profanity and lose any ability to create environments that people want to be in. You'd also eliminate the ability to control spammers, gold sellers, and people who knock off your game. It would destroy copyright and patent protection.

In other words, it's quite contrary to a lot of core needs of business to actually create a profitable product that people want.

15+ Year Old Account
    From what i gather it only takes one person with a ticket to get someone banned.
    If there's a violation of the ToS. And not by an auto reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this is the 13th time in WoD that I have been given a two day ban for doing little more than disagreeing with people in chat and producing a counterargument on a wide variety of topics. Not even 30 minutes ago I was literally debating how blizzards abuse of the report/giving people suspensions system goes against the first amendment.
    And then a GM thing pops up, they say im getting a 48 hour suspension with a prerecorded message and kick me without giving me a chance to talk to them.

Im getting rather fed up with this blatent injustice that I consider a attack on both the first amendment and culture of america or rather freedom of any kind as a whole.
    Except you don't have Freedom of Speech in WoW. You have a EULA that you agreed to when you created your account. So either abide by it, or cry less when you're banned for not abiding by it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Naw, I blame our education system for your lack of basic understanding.
    Freedom or death bro, including TOS's which are apparently paper based dictators who can go above and beyond the foundation of american freedom.

From what i gather it only takes one person with a ticket to get someone banned.

And i think its time to expand all amendments to effect everything everywhere, because corporations should not be allowed to be acting dictators.
    At first I was not sure, but now I am definitely calling you out for trolling us. There is no way anyone would say this unless they are trolling or have no clue how anything in the world works.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then it appears our constitution simply dosent work with capitalism.
    And now i officially support a full government takeover of all businesses of any and all kinds simply so the constitutional amendments apply to all businesses of any kind.

thanks blizzard, for causing social change.
    Holy crap, I'm fucking dying here!!!
    Can't.... stop..... laughing.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deggan View Post
    It's a video game, you have the rights they give you to use their service. Go to a restaurant and be a total dick to everyone because it's "within your rights" and see how fast you get kicked out.

Stop being entitled, its ruining the world.
    Pretty much this. The world is full of morons who think they can do and say whatever the hell they want without consequences, and when they get slapped with consequences... someone is stepping on their rights. /smh
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Im getting rather fed up with this blatent injustice that I consider a attack on both the first amendment and culture of america or rather freedom of any kind as a whole.
    You have no rights in their game just as you have no rights on these forums you use them you agree to go by their rules if you are unable to handle that don't use them it's that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thirteenth time? If you're telling the truth, you need to pay attention to the pattern here. It isn't rocket science.

10+ Year Old Account
    Freedom or death bro, including TOS's which are apparently paper based dictators who can go above and beyond the foundation of american freedom.
    You really should look into what private property is.

Lets put it this way, should I have the right to go into your house and spray paint racist slogans on your walls? If not, why not?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I honestly can't tell if this is just a bait thread or if the op is serious. Obviously someone who has never worked in a business before, unless maybe a janitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then it appears our constitution simply dosent work with capitalism.
    And now i officially support a full government takeover of all businesses of any and all kinds simply so the constitutional amendments apply to all businesses of any kind.

thanks blizzard, for causing social change.
    You kids these days, you're something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the laugh OP

You can choose not to play their game if the rules do not satisfy you. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I'm getting this distinct impression this isn't a serious discussion for you.

But in case it is -- although a (sort of) noble sentiment the actually application of all the amendments across the board is unworkable. You'd completely abolish any sort of protections against indecency or profanity and lose any ability to create environments that people want to be in. You'd also eliminate the ability to control spammers, gold sellers, and people who knock off your game. It would destroy copyright and patent protection.

In other words, it's quite contrary to a lot of core needs of business to actually create a profitable product that people want.
    There are incredibly effective addons that have found ways to filter out spammers and gold sellers.
    Copyrights have become a stunningly abused injustice in america.
    The ignore button is an amazing protection against harassment of all forms.
    The mature filter can filter out profanity with ease and any multiplayer game will have some level of profanity so ESRB ratings should reflect that.

oh and most Exploits are nothing more than code bugs that the company can fix, theres a few in ashran theyve been banning people for even though they have made zero effort to actually repair the exploit, things like that are corporate abuse of power.
    Last edited by Daethz; 2016-02-10 at 06:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then make your own MMO with a TOS that is as stupid as you apparently think WoW's should be.

Deleted
    So this is the 13th time in WoD that I have been given a two day ban for doing little more than disagreeing with people in chat and producing a counterargument on a wide variety of topics. Not even 30 minutes ago I was literally debating how blizzards abuse of the report/giving people suspensions system goes against the first amendment.
    And then a GM thing pops up, they say im getting a 48 hour suspension with a prerecorded message and kick me without giving me a chance to talk to them.

Stay away from General/Trade chat is my advice if you have these issues.

If you feel that you have done nothing wrong then start chatting to Blizzard calmly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Then make your own MMO with a TOS that is as stupid as you apparently think WoW's should be.
    I once tried a MUD that was setup like that, everyone had admin rights and there were no rules. It worked out about as well as you would expect (not very).
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account

(1) This explains why you aren't getting an opportunity to discuss your position... I can't imagine you have something to say that hasn't been said already.
    (2) Why the fuck are you being given so many chances? Where is your perma ban?
    (3) I am pretty sure that discussing GM actions is against ToS.

But keep it up, I am anxious to see where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    ...with Blackjack ...and hookers.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN