Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Dance around the point? He adequately explained his points and why you're wrong. Just because you don't see it his way doesn't mean he's wrong or that you're right. You seem to dance around him... It's like you deliberately ignore his points while you wait for him to say something you agree with. Why aren't you intellectually honest enough to engage in an actual discussion?

To many people the political party they're involved with is like their family or their favorite baseball team. Many will never, EVER vote for the other side. Even if the other side 100% agrees with them and their side 100% disagrees with them.

And of course there are those that will never vote for specific people within their party. So much so that they'd vote for the worst person on the opposing party.

I consider politics to be a circus. It's a massive joke. They're all telling half truths to appease the most people they can. They hardly ever follow through with their goals, and when they try something it almost always fails or is botched. Actually, politics is like watching the absolute worst reality TV shows known to man... That said, I vote for people that represent my interests. Sanders is the only that comes close to those interests, sadly.
    Somebody gets it! Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Derp.

His statement was basically "every other country has the same problem we do, so it's not really a problem."

Doesn't really address the point I made at all.
    And somebody doesn't.

You said, and I quote

This notion that political parties are like sports teams that you should remain loyal to no matter what is actually what's wrong with politics in this country.
    There is nothing special about this being the circumstance because it is a standard feature of democracy - and human nature - in general, in many countries. What you're talking about really is disgust with party politics where people strongly identify with a party, which is not unique at all to America. People feel an instinctual need to belong. Some people express that in their sports team. Others, politics and political party.

This matters intently, if your goal is to see an outsider take a party of it's historically consistent course.

It's irrelevant only if winning is irrelevant to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Anyone who likes Trump's immigration policy is the typical Republican lunatic. We can sum up Trump's immigration policy in a single word: xenophobia.
    You get that deporting illegal immigrants is a fairly popular issue amongst democrats too?

- - - Updated - - -

This notion that political parties are like sports teams that you should remain loyal to no matter what is actually what's wrong with politics in this country. Your loyalty has no basis in reality, only some fanciful idealism that you've remained loyal to a group of people who haven't remained loyal to the ideals they're supposed to represent.
    you are right, people shouldn't be like people are.
    We need a new and improved citizen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Want a real helpful suggestion, bust up the union; i.e. break up the stranglehold of these two political parties on the process of getting elected to office at all, and you'll see a norm much more like Canada or Europe where you have umpteen parties vying for power within coalition governments.
    That would require getting rid of the FPTS system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I'll just say, that if the DNC ignores the popular vote to nominate Clinton in a scenario where Sanders should have been the clear winner... I might just vote Republican in the General, even if it's Trump.
    Oh you mean what happened in 2008 where hillary had the popular vote over Obama?

lol yeah that'd never happen if sanders got the popular vote he'll totally win they'd never do that.

/s

If the popular vote mattered, Gore would have been president during the bush years. Then Hillary may have been president for the past 8 years. We probably wouldn't have had a war or an economic collapse.

Honestly how in the world do other americans trust the republican party look what happened from 2000 - 2008. Went from the amazing Clinton economy to shit. Why does anyone think it's a good idea to bring them back into power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Honestly how in the world do other americans trust the republican party look what happened from 2000 - 2008. Went from the amazing Clinton economy to shit. Why does anyone think it's a good idea to bring them back into power.
    It was Clinton who repealed the Glass stegal act...

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    You get that deporting illegal immigrants is a fairly popular issue amongst democrats too?
    You get that this isn't Trump's immigration policy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    You get that this isn't Trump's immigration policy?
    His immigration policy is 'no illegal immigrants' - his vehicle for this change is to build a wall - Fun fact, there already are walls...

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    His immigration policy is 'no illegal immigrants' - his vehicle for this change is to build a wall - Fun fact, there already are walls...
    his wall idea is a great wall of china type deal, ALL across the border. it's stupid.

it'd fuck with all the ecosystems down there and keep the jaguar from EVER coming back to the south-western US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    his wall idea is a great wall of china type deal, ALL across the border. it's stupid.

it'd fuck with all the ecosystems down there and keep the jaguar from EVER coming back to the south-western US
    pretty sure those are concerns pretty much nobody gives a shit about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/10/hi...rs-after-loss/

So, how is this democracy?

The New Hampshire primary wasn't even close. 22 point spread. Yet Clinton emerges with more delegates than Sanders? Not just equal. More.

Am I the only one pissed about this? I haven't really seen much about it in the news/social media; stumbled upon that article by chance. This seems like another point for those already disillusioned by the establishment to rail on, and justifiably so. As it stands, Sanders has 9.6% percent of the delegates to Clinton's 90.4%, while recent polls put a popular vote at 42% for Sanders and 44% for Clinton.

So again, is this democracy?
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Welcome to American democrazy.
    Careful guys, we have a few fragile flowers that take extreme offense to people speaking the facts, by calling it "Political Bashing". Agree with you both regardless though. It's bull and that's why I oppose such tactics. We can only hope people are so fed up by this that they stay at home, or vote for the other party out of sheer spite. It's a good lesson in desperation. All that matters at this point is retaining dat veto pen. Because clearly it is not driven by concern for our country's well being or what the people may or may not want.

Everyone knew this though with O'Malley and Sanders.

Neither ever stood a real chance. It was always an illusion of choice. The only thing lacking is that the "DO AS I COMMAND" with Megatron's voice, just hasn't been employed yet. Expect that in the Southern States if further deviations/political heresy occurs, along with heated use of the race card against Sanders. That's the real reason Hillary and Sharpton are meeting I reckon. Gotta have dat African American Vote. Nevermind anything else. Go vote! Master commands!

Whoops, I was blunt but accurate. Bet that'll be called race baiting or some other nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    pretty sure those are concerns pretty much nobody gives a shit about.
    and that's a damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    We've had 2 states vote/caucus so far..lets give it a little bit more time before we worry about our democracy being a sham.
    We already did in 2000 when Al Gore beat George W Bush in the popular vote, but Bush won cause of the stupid archaic electoral college.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    We already did in 2000 when Al Gore beat George W Bush in the popular vote, but Bush won cause of the stupid archaic electoral college.
    That mostly proved that Americans' knowledge of civics and comprehension of their own system of government was a sham.

Deleted
    i said it on the fist page, i say it again, the internal procedures of the democratic party is not part of the US 'Democracy' ...

How absurd. Claiming to have "won" except for those dang rules saying otherwise is something a child does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    It's weird that advocating enforcing existing immigration laws is considered a bizarro extremist position that demonstrates xenophobia and possibly insanity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

it'd fuck with all the ecosystems down there and keep the jaguar from EVER coming back to the south-western US.
    This reads like a parody.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    How absurd. Claiming to have "won" except for those dang rules saying otherwise is something a child does.
    its based on the dichotomous understanding of the rules, as in the actual rules, and the 'rules' of a democracy, where the person who gets the most votes win.

It's weird that advocating enforcing existing immigration laws is considered a bizarro extremist position that demonstrates xenophobia and possibly insanity.
    its almost as bad as it is in Europe regarding asylum seekers...
    its 'racist' to want to deport people, People who the courts have found not to be persecuted...

10+ Year Old Account
    The devil's in the details. If we're talking about creating a "deportation force" that rounds up 11 million individuals, breaks up families, disrupts businesses/schools/communities, increases the police state, I'd call that extremist. How many Americans will be deported accidentally? At least a few thousand, right? Even if they're error rate is 1/10th of 1%, that's 11,000 Americans wrongly deported.

Yeah. Anyone that holds that view on immigration is an extremist.
    Eat yo vegetables

Do you even know the kinds of cuckoo shit Trump says? He's not some moderate Republican talking about baby steps towards immigration reform.

He wants to ban Muslims from entering the United States. He claimed Muslims in New Jersey were cheering on 9/11. He claims that only some illegal immigrants are good people, but mostly are just rapists, drug dealers and criminals.

Let's also not forget he wants to do away with birthright citizenship. I guess we all just need to pull ourselves up by our boot straps, buckle down, and get an $8 million loan from our parents so we too can become self made millionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.