Any diabetics here?

Let me start not asking for medical advice.

Are there anymore diabetics here? What meter do you use? I'm considering getting a second one to keep in my backpack.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

You can get the meters for free most of the time. I would go with whatever your doctor or pharmacist recommends and with whatever brand your insurance will cover if you have coverage. They all do the same thing really and based on what you are recommended just go with the one with the most affordable testing strips. Thats where those companies really make their money. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorakus View Post
    You can get the meters for free most of the time. I would go with whatever your doctor or pharmacist recommends and with whatever brand your insurance will cover if you have coverage. They all do the same thing really and based on what you are recommended just go with the one with the most affordable testing strips. Thats where those companies really make their money. Good luck!
    I'm seen by the va so insurance isn't a thing. I'll probably get another one like they gave me.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    iirc meters are only accurate to around 15%. You should therefore test with both of them if you have 2 to see how well they line up if you are calculating exchanges and so on. Don't just assume they are both the same.

Not yet, but I'm fucking trying with all the soda I drink!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Not yet, but I'm fucking trying with all the soda I drink!
    That was the case with me as well, having used to work for Pepsi and Dr. Pepper Snapple Group. Quit all that, changed over to an all meat dietary regimen and it's gone.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

How did you know you were diabetic? Headaches or something?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

@OP Uk user here, stuck using a Wavesense jazz as it's got the cheapest testing strips which is all the NHS cares about.
    It's ok but my previous one was far superior.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.