Neckbeard vs. Full Beard?

So I'm still confused as to how a so-called "Neckbeard" differs from a dude who just has a full-on beard. I mean, some of my beard has hair on my upper-upper neck, but I've got hair all over my face too. Hell, I'll just show you:

So am I a "neckbeard", or do I just have a regular beard? Is there a difference?

Deleted
    Neck is in the back. Throat is in the front.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your head is on upside down.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's more to refer to someone who doesn't groom or in general have good hygiene, mostly because he spends every single day in his house, rarely bathes and never exercises.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Neckbeard is when you shave everything except whats on your neck below your jawline. Full beard is when you shave your neck below your jawline and have a beard above.

Neckbeard is trash.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Your head is on upside down.
    Hah! My beard grows faster and fuller than my actual head-hair does. I'm kind of balding on top, and I've always said if I ever started to go bald I'd just keep my head shaved. I look better bald than with hair anyways.

a neck beard usually occurs in the men (and women???) that have extra weight in their neck/underchin part of their body. the lower part of the chin that normally has hair droops down (sometimes called a double chin) and has hair growing on it. It has become synonymous with individuals who don't care about their appearance and usually don't do much but laze around. It grew until people started using it as a pejorative on people who don't even have neck beards.

Yea, that's just my opinion, though, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Is "neither" an option?

I honestly doubt they are referring to actual hair on a person's face. just an easy insult to fling around while arguing on the internet.

Are you attractive and unshaven? You have a beard. Or perhaps a 5 o'clock shadow. Or have a 'outdoor' look to you.

Are you unattractive and unshaven? You're a neckbeard. Oh, and lazy.

That's pretty much all it boils down to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Full beard... *flex*
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

OP you have a beard. And probably a sex dungeon.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    A beard grown following commonly accepting growing/grooming guidelines tends to avoid the negative connotations of neckbeard.

For a full beard, as long as the jawline/cheeklines of the beard are appropriately sculpted in the early days of growth and you have enough coverage to pull it off, the only people bitching will be people who just hate beards.