Page 1 of 2
LastLast

M Kormrok - Rune soaking

Hi all,

We will likely be heading down to Kormrok again tonight and unfortunately we currently lack any rogues in our runs, so I'm looking for some help in assigning players to soak the empowered runes.

We are looking to do the strategy where 2 people circle towards each other and meet at the end with the last rune (the fatboss approach). Since we don't have any rogues, and likely just 1 hunter, what other class would you recommend we do this with?

Can a WW monk immune most of them with maybe zen med and diffuse? Or do those not work? Do you guys know of any other classes that are well suited for this?

Thank you!

Hunters/mages/rogues are the classes used most.

There is no reason why other people cannot soak either.
    All depends on how you soak and what room you have left your self free on the platform.

WW monk wont be able to cover all rune spawns zen med will fall off before hes able to do a half room rotation so will defuse magic even if he uses tiger lust the runes are just 2 spread.

Deleted
    Imo try going green - purple if you can. Empowered runes are actually the only difficult part about the fight and one of the only things that can really wipe you other than the hands very close to pound.

But to answer your post hunters/mages/paladins if you have them. Paladins just bubble or pop their 40% and do it really easily.

I agree with the above poster - If you lack soakers just do Green -> Purple; even when first progressing the boss, You literally can't wipe to green hands, and purple is just dodge waves... The only time you can wipe is to the orange pools runes.

Green -> Purple -> orange - suicide people on first runes assuming boss is close to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Running the empowered runes to the middle is easier imo then running them around the edge. Just because fatboss says something doesn't mean its the best way to do it. Without two rogues running around the outside is not viable.

If your damage is good enough to where you don't get a third jump you could consider skipping the mechanic entirely, but I suspect that is not the case.

Go green then purple and skip the runes. Like others said its literally the only part of the fight thats hard. If you use the ring smartly on hands and get big explosions you shouldn't see the runes.

Thank you guys. I think we will try the Green > Purple strat tonight. Do we drag to green pool at first and then immediately move to purple pool after the grasping hands and stay there for the rest of the fight?

He just needs to be closest to purple when he does the leap.

iirc start the fight where you want to soak the outpouring he leaps just after the pull. Stack for hands (ring) aoe and spread for pound. Spread for fel outporing. Rinse and repeat a bit then drag him to purple.

Once hes leapt soak again and then stand to one edge for the empowered outpouring. If you stand in the middle you will get gibbed by all 3 colours intersecting at once. Tanks need to position so they get punted to a safeish spot and not into the pools. Survive this intact and he should be pretty much dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evotech View Post
    Thank you guys. I think we will try the Green > Purple strat tonight. Do we drag to green pool at first and then immediately move to purple pool after the grasping hands and stay there for the rest of the fight?
    We tank him as close to the center as possible but closest to the purple. If your players have problems dodging remind them that by moving closer to one pool you can dodge that entire color first. It's a lot easier than standing in the center which is a deathtrap.

One thing we also did per a pug's recommendation was assigned soaking spots starting from the center and bubbled out from there. We didn't adjust for green and then purple. All the spots were the same.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

We also had no rogues. Found out purple really isn't hard. Good luck.

This fight is like 5x easier if you just skip the runes. The runes require certain classes, and make the raid depend on having those people execute it properly. Additionally a single person who accidentally pushes a rune will likely wipe everyone. It's by far the most deadly mechanic.

With decent dps you can go green->purple and kill it as the second empowered waves are coming. You might have a few people die if they're bad at dodging the waves, but it shouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    This fight is like 5x easier if you just skip the runes. The runes require certain classes, and make the raid depend on having those people execute it properly. Additionally a single person who accidentally pushes a rune will likely wipe everyone. It's by far the most deadly mechanic.

With decent dps you can go green->purple and kill it as the second empowered waves are coming. You might have a few people die if they're bad at dodging the waves, but it shouldn't matter.
    Wat? The runes have never required certain classes. Tell people to stop being lazy. Anyone with any sort of defensive CD can help push the runes to the center. I did it on a feral in BRF gear.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Wat? The runes have never required certain classes. Tell people to stop being lazy. Anyone with any sort of defensive CD can help push the runes to the center. I did it on a feral in BRF gear.
    Sure, anyone can push 1-2 to the centre. But only classes with large damage reductions can push more than one quickly, and it's still a large amount of raid damage going out. I was referring more specifically to the common mythic strategy of having 2 people deal with all of the runes by running in a semi circle each.

I'm not saying it's hard, I'm saying it's a worse strat than just ignoring the orange pool.
    Last edited by Sxq; 2016-02-12 at 08:09 AM.

The best strat I've seen is splitting the raid into groups of at least 2-3. That way no one can easily die since they only soak once. We usually did it with 2 soakers though so we wouldn't change that.

Just don't do orange, simple. Your DPS has to be super low going green>purple to still get Empowered Runes. SUPER low!

We also do yellow last and if we do and the boss isn´t dead already we take the "normal" approach to rune soaking.

I've seen Elemental shamans handle it with double damage reduction or a sac+COW shield

There's no 1 way to do it,work out your own way with the classes you have

Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    Sure, anyone can push 1-2 to the centre. But only classes with large damage reductions can push more than one quickly, and it's still a large amount of raid damage going out. I was referring more specifically to the common mythic strategy of having 2 people deal with all of the runes by running in a semi circle each.

I'm not saying it's hard, I'm saying it's a worse strat than just ignoring the orange pool.
    Uhm...you have 20 people in raids..?^^
    And you are also spread because of other mechanics, so everyone has just to jump into a pool once and its done in 3 or 4 seconds
    (note: the pools jump in the direction you're looking at, not away from the direction you're entering it, so it's also possible to have the raid standing at the positions where the runes will spawn or jump to and looking at the center. The runes would do everything on their own)
    Last edited by Ribesal; 2016-02-12 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    Uhm...you have 20 people in raids..?^^
    And you are also spread because of other mechanics, so everyone has just to jump into a pool once and its done in 3 or 4 seconds
    (note: the pools jump in the direction you're looking at, not away from the direction you're entering it, so it's also possible to have the raid standing at the positions where the runes will spawn or jump to and looking at the center. The runes would do everything on their own)
    I've killed the boss >20 times on mythic using every variation of the common strategies, you don't need to explain it to me. I'm just stating that in my opinion any strat that involves the orange pool is inferior.

Deleted
    Gonna try this boss next reset, were gonna do the non orange strat, we have the dibs. But one question, how do you tank it if you skip orange? Wont the tank get swatted miles away?