Poll: Do you think legendaries should work in PvP?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Do you think legendaries should work in PvP?

I think this topic is worth discussing. Poll included
    Last edited by mindw0rk; 2016-02-11 at 04:14 PM.

No. I think they are on the right track with PvP. Personally they should have gone further with all gear being standardized. No benefits from from relics or artifact skills/talents. Make it 100% based on skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the lengths that Blizzard is going to level the playing field in PVP and make it as much as possible about skill alone the clear answer is no, they shouldn't.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    No. They're removing gear for a reason.

I personally would like to see them allowed in a special kind of queue that doesn't try and balance anything, kind of like how World PvP would be I suppose but with a specific queue? But at that point it would probably need to be put into the normal queue or else no one would play it (I wouldn't think anyways).

Deleted
    No matter how much I like the premade stats for Legion, I also feel that legendary items should work for pvp, assuming they are hard / very time demanding to get. But - it should only work in non-rated arena /bgs

They are trying to reduce issues with gear gaps in PvP in Legion, it would make no sense to have powerful beneficial bonuses obtained from PvE to boost player power in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I personally would like to see them allowed in a special kind of queue that doesn't try and balance anything, kind of like how World PvP would be I suppose but with a specific queue? But at that point it would probably need to be put into the normal queue or else no one would play it (I wouldn't think anyways).
    what the fuck is your avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    No. I think they are on the right track with PvP. Personally they should have gone further with all gear being standardized. No benefits from from relics or artifact skills/talents. Make it 100% based on class.
    found a bug

fixed.

Hearthstone has a good idea with a similar problem. The card sets were getting overpowered in some cases so are now being trimmed back in a standard rotation mode while all cards ever created can be used in a wildcard mode.

WoW could follow this example and set 2 types of PvP to keep people engaged on how they want to fight, standard with balanced gear/stats and "wild" mode with legendaries scaled up and the procs fixed again to that level. I could throw in old armor sets that get scaled up with the set bonuses as well so you could mix and match if you wanted to.

Deleted
    Everyone remembers the good ol' days of shadowmourne, fangs of the father and warglaives absolutely destroying people with no effort whatsoever...

Keep them out of PvP although I wouldn't be opposed to a somewhat additional free-for-all mode where anything goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Diablo III's PvP didn't work specifically because of items like legendaries, we should learn from that example and not include stupidly overpowered effects in a PvP environment.

As much as they seem fun, and I'd like to use them, I don't see them working very well unless the effects were significantly scaled down...

Unrated, yes. Rated, no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    No. I think they are on the right track with PvP. Personally they should have gone further with all gear being standardized. No benefits from from relics or artifact skills/talents. Make it 100% based on skill.
    I completely 100% agree. Being a real novice in PvP, I feel that I have no chance against people who have put in the time to get the best gear.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mindw0rk View Post
    I think this topic is worth discussing. Poll included
    They've already stated pretty plainly that gear won't matter in PvP except for the small % difference that comes from an extremely high ilvl. The exception is world PvP.
    IMO no, this topic isn't worth discussing.