SJWs and Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final

I know SMT isn't a popular brand but for the most part, ATLUS brings every game over for its niche audience. And I'm quite a fan so far, eagerly looking forward to this installment the thread is named after since it looks huge. So far a lot of fans have been anxious because ATLUS has been quiet on anything regarding its localization, but I really fear it has to do with the SJWs. Why? Well, this marks what I recall as the second physical appearance of main antagonist YHVH. Yes, god, and seeing how the central theme is supposedly "deicide" and YHVH is fully confirmed and presented as one of the possible final bosses...maybe they're afraid people will boycott the game? SMT 2 is the most notable example of an SMT game not officially localized and that was where YHVH was presented in a similar scenario.

I mean, this is a physical appearance of the guy and not merely referenced in passing or barely like in other games.

It just worries me because SMT IV did well. They have no reason to not bring this game over for any reason I can think of other than being able to slay god.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2016-02-11 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    I know SMT isn't a popular brand but for the most part, ATLUS brings every game over for its niche audience. And I'm quite a fan so far, eagerly looking forward to this installment the thread is named after since it looks huge. So far a lot of fans have been anxious because ATLUS has been quiet on anything regarding its localization, but I really fear it has to do with the SJWs. Why? Well, this marks what I recall as the second physical appearance of main antagonist YHVH. Yes, god, and seeing how the central theme is supposedly "deicide" and YHVH is fully confirmed and presented as one of the possible final bosses...maybe they're afraid people will boycott the game? SMT 2 is the most notable example of an SMT game not officially localized and that was where YHVH was presented in a similar scenario.

I mean, this is a physical appearance of the guy and not merely referenced in passing or barely like in other games.

It just worries me because SMT IV did well. They have no reason to not bring this game over for any reason I can think of other than being able to slay god.
    Atlus knows the fanbase of SMT and they know it well. the game sells to a niche audience and to be honest they really shouldn't care what some tumblr warriors say about the game they would be fools to ignore the western and european audiences as they make up a large portion of their market share.

Ok look, I have good reason to be afraid because while I'm not even remotely a fan of Fire Emblem among other things, I have been pulled into the enormous controversy surrounding the 4Kids levels of censorship NoA has inflicted upon it. And that just has me wondering how much these "SJWs," "feminazis," or "tumblr warriors" like you state have an influence on shit in general. Before, if it was minor censorship or change, I didn't care or think this was even relevant. But nowadays look at what's up. It's fucking insane.

ATLUS USA is neck deep in localization of Odin Sphere and Persona 5, this game is getting localized 100% it's just going to take more time then SMTIV did as they have more on their plate. Persona 5 is obviously a top priority to get out within a few months of the JP release, and Persona games are very wordy and voice acting heavy to get localized.

ATLUS is the last company to give a shit about SJWs, no need to start some conspiracy theory here guy. I mean have you played Persona 4 Dancing All Night? You can have teenage girls dancing around in bikini costumes, GTFO with ATLUS giving a shit about SJWs.

Also if you think killing God/Gods is a reason to not localize games then I would say an average of 70% of JRPGs should have never been localized. Every damn SMT game is heavy religion influenced and most JRPGs in general are, not sure what you're trying to say here.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-02-11 at 09:50 PM.

Atlus is, and thank god for that, one of the last companies to give a shit about SJW's over here.
    If anything, you should worry about the hateboner they have for Europa.

This is such a baffling thread.
    There's no evidence at all that anything you are postulating is the case. What was the point of making this topic?
    The only data point you have is "So far ATLUS hasn't said anything about localising this game". How did you get from there to "Maybe SJWs are upset about an anti-Christian message and are censoring the game?" and from there to thinking that you're completely baseless guesses are worthy of discussion?

Besides, I imagine most "SJWs" would be pretty happy to kill the Christian God in a video game. His book's indirectly responsible for a hell of a lot of homophobia.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    This is such a baffling thread.
    There's no evidence at all that anything you are postulating is the case. What was the point of making this topic?
    The only data point you have is "So far ATLUS hasn't said anything about localising this game". How did you get from there to "Maybe SJWs are upset about an anti-Christian message and are censoring the game?" and from there to thinking that you're completely baseless guesses are worthy of discussion?

Besides, I imagine most "SJWs" would be pretty happy to kill the Christian God in a video game. His book's indirectly responsible for a hell of a lot of homophobia.
    Well, SMT 2 was never localized. That and all this censorship going on around lately.

Well, SMT 2 was never localized. That and all this censorship going on around lately.
    Persona 2 Innocent Sin was never localized until like 10 years later for the PSP, what exactly is your point? ATLUS was a much more niche publishers barely breaking even on western localization back then, now they are pretty much the largest of the "niche" Japanese 3rd parties.

There hasn't been a major ATLUS release not localized in well over a full generation of gaming. You basically started a tin foil hat thread with no reason.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    SMT2 never being localized probably had more to do with the fact they just didn't bother localizing SMT back then. SMT 1 wasn't localized before the iOS version either.

I wouldn't worry too much about this game's localization just because YHVH's an enemy in it, considering the likes of Lucifer and Satan being allies never stopped them.

Also, some people might consider this thread as spoilers for the game.