Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyldragon View Post
    ALAN!

10chars
    Hah.

For those who didn't get it - Click

I've always been an advocate for race-specific Ghost forms for shaman. I know someone's going to fight me with "but orcs/broken taught the other Horde/Alliance races how 2 shaman so thats why!" but I always thought "everyone is wolves" was silly. Especially for trolls and tauren, who've had their own form of shamanism before the orcs even showed up.

I was SUPER excited to see this glyph pop up at last. Still a lil grumpy non-trolls get to be raptors too but it's a step in the right direction for sure. I'm all for more customization in general.

Quote Originally Posted by CreemPie View Post
    Orc: Wolves
    Troll: Raptors
    Tauren: Kodo
    Goblin: Rocket Cars
    Dwarf: Ram
    Draenei: Elekk
    Pandaren: Turtles
    rocket cars, lol

Is this a raptor jesus joke? I remember people always equating shamans to jesus back in the day.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Is this a raptor jesus joke? I remember people always equating shamans to jesus back in the day.
    Thrall is the only one who can transform into a raptor jesus

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Dwarf Shaman are Wildhammer, and anyone who has done any Wildhammer quest knows there is no other choice than Gryphon.
    The problem is that the gryphon would either be too big, abnormally small, and it has poor ground animations.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post
    I've always been an advocate for race-specific Ghost forms for shaman. I know someone's going to fight me with "but orcs/broken taught the other Horde/Alliance races how 2 shaman so thats why!" but I always thought "everyone is wolves" was silly. Especially for trolls and tauren, who've had their own form of shamanism before the orcs even showed up.

I was SUPER excited to see this glyph pop up at last. Still a lil grumpy non-trolls get to be raptors too but it's a step in the right direction for sure. I'm all for more customization in general.
    To be fair the version of Shaman in the game is really a mash up of Orc/Troll/Tauren lore. While the spirit wolf connection is tied to Orcs, totems are really Troll wards, they just made them look like Tauren totems for some reason. The connection to ancestors and a lot of the resto aspects are also based on the Tauren. Lorewise it makes sense that these three would share traditions and teach one another these things. As far as I can tell, there isn't a trace of alliance lore in the class.

That said, I still agree that everyone should get their own spirit animal just like we got unique totems, it wouldn't even be much work since it is just taking an existing model and making it blue+transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonsoul View Post
    Troll Shamans have been fully realized. Ghost Raptor Form, Spirit Raptors, and Compy Hex.
    Dont forget the Troll skin for Doomhammer:

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    What do you mean? Thats exactly how it is currently working. Its a flat damage proc, you have zero control over it, and the damage shows up for the Shaman. There is no reason whatsoever to track the buff or "make good use of it".

Whos got the buff? Is it our top DPS or some crappy guy at the bottom of the charts? Do I need to use my on-use trinket in order to make the most of the buff? Would you rather have it proc on a class that hits really fast? It's a strong buff, might have to remove arms warriors from the raid, they don't hit as fast as a rogue.
    If it scales with the other players gear then how do you make sure that he is lining up his CD to get you as much DPS as possible? There are quite a few variables here but you are right - You're not in controll of any of it. Others are. It's bad design.

Last time I saw it in action it gave the damage to other players though, but that might have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Samesnotatroll View Post
    The hybrid tax you speak of has been long since removed, there was a blue post years ago about that mate.

- - - Updated - - -

The hybrid tax was removed some time ago, was a blue post about it years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

We do know, the hybrid tax was real, in a blue post it was confirmed that it has been long since removed. This was back in Cata I believe?
    Yes but the idea with paladin and shaman in Legion is that they do less DPS but give buffs to others that might be counted as damage done by the paladin or shaman but it's still parts of your damage in control of another player. Your own damage will be lower than other classes.

Every buff Shamans provide to themselves scales in power with attack speed, I don't see why this wouldn't also be true when they apply it to other people.

Blizzard have also literally said themselves that they are coding it to attribute the damage to the Shaman.

Also as it procs fairly constantly, there will be no "lining up cooldowns".
    This is no Heroism or Stormlash Totem, it's of much lesser magnitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Every buff Shamans provide to themselves scales in power with attack speed, I don't see why this wouldn't also be true when they apply it to other people.

Blizzard have also literally said themselves that they are coding it to attribute the damage to the Shaman.

Also as it procs fairly constantly, there will be no "lining up cooldowns".
    This is no Heroism or Stormlash Totem, it's of much lesser magnitude.
    Hope you're right. For paladins it's a rather big buff but maybe shamans will be better off.
    In any case though, it's poor design. It's either a large part of your DPS in another players hands or it's so small that it only makes the class complicated to balance without gaining anything for it. Much like the "fury warriors take 20% more damage". The extra 20% is either not a deal at all and pointless or it's going to make fury warriors a big no-no for progression raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Hope you're right. For paladins it's a rather big buff but maybe shamans will be better off.
    In any case though, it's poor design. It's either a large part of your DPS in another players hands or it's so small that it only makes the class complicated to balance without gaining anything for it. Much like the "fury warriors take 20% more damage". The extra 20% is either not a deal at all and pointless or it's going to make fury warriors a big no-no for progression raiding.

That 20% extra damage is compensated by their humongous health pools they're getting.

Sometimes DPS meters are this game's worst enemy, where people obsess more over who sits at what spot instead of whether the group did enough raid DPS for a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    That 20% extra damage is compensated by their humongous health pools they're getting.

Sometimes DPS meters are this game's worst enemy, where people obsess more over who sits at what spot instead of whether the group did enough raid DPS for a kill.
    Honestly...with how diablo fied Legion is, with all those OP legendaries that are supposed to be super rare, and then the gear having the WoD treatment (warforged, socket, 3rd stat chances)...well I'm starting to feel like dps meters are going to be obsolete.

If it is impossible to reliably farm specific legendaries, then the only way to make sure your raid is full of them is to screw over multiple people just to fill in with the new members you found that got lucky. Either guilds are going to be forced to bring the most trusted mechanically sound raiders, regardless of dps, or this game is about to get way more toxic of a player base.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelated senpai View Post
    rocket cars, lol
    I'd really like to see a spirit rocket car.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

I'm curious what the /dance will look like in this form.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post

A flat 20% extra health will not cut it though but again, it's either not a big deal and pointless or it's a big deal and warriors will not be welcome in progression raiding or even in guilds that are just doing HC. Might even be a bigger issue in the guild that don't do that well as it's no doubt more common that people get hit by random stuff there and taking 20% more damage will drain your healers fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I'm curious what the /dance will look like in this form.
    Obviously he will /capoeira like a troll (giggling at the thought of a raptor performing sweeping kicks and sideflips)!

And Ghost Rocket Cars need to have a 20% chance to explode and kill everyone in a 10y vicinity when cast (including the shaman)at the least, or it's no real goblin shamanism!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    They should just have an all-encompassing minor glyph for the various races.

Glyph of Spectral Resonance: your Ghost Wolf ability now resembles an animal more closely aligned with your race.
    Troll = Raptor
    Tauren = Kodo (or if too large, a Mulgore mountain lion with HD model)
    Orc = Scorpid (seeing as wolf is baseline)
    Goblin = Monkey
    Dwarf = Boar (Bears are pretty common in Dun Morogh too though)
    Draenei = Nether Ray
    I like your pov but I don't think a Boar is good for Dwarfs. Too many rp people would complain because the vanilla cinematic for the Dwarf Hunter had a big ass bear helping him. Just saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leivah View Post
    Hah.

For those who didn't get it - Click
    Rofl that was funny.

7+ Year Old Account
    No pics still?:<