• RIP.

1 2.56%
  • No RIP.

38 97.44%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Black Desert Online; RIP WoW 2.0

http://kotaku.com/creating-a-charact...pic-1748296697

Just look at this. I'm not saying they have anything in particular that is superior to WoW as I don't know anything about the game. But my point is in 2016, look how next gen the graphics in this game is. Is WoW feeling the threat from the next-gen graphics alone? If this is what Black Desert Online looks like in 2016, what do you think Black Desert Online will look like in 2024? or a standard MMORPG? a F2P in 2024 would kill WoW IMO just cause it has next gen graphics alone.

IDK... RIP WoW 2.0.

However, I am very curious to see what a hypothetical next gen graphics of a WoW human would look like in 2024 or in similar leyline to Black Desert Online, also if u can extend this to buildings and environment too.

RIP. In game Black Desert Online characters look better than CGI Varian:

>

If WoW 2.0 wana compete, Varian better look like:

Infact, WoW 2.0 is already dead in the water before even its conception. It's already too late. Blizzard need to leapfrog WoW 2.0 into WoW 3.0.

RIP WoW 2.0; RIP 2004 graphics engine. RIP RIP RIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP. And we're just only in 2016. RIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

It's no question Blizzard's hand is forced. There will be a WoW 3.0.
    --------
    If a mod can make the poll public. I forgot again.
    Last edited by LairenyX; 2016-02-12 at 12:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Graphics aren't a choosing factor for me, maybe I'm an oddball. I'm perfectly happy with WoW, I think it's fine the way it is. Final Fantasy looks amazing, not the reason I enjoy the game though. I've tried a few other MMO's that have incredible graphics and I stopped playing them because all it they had going for them were the graphics. That isn't enough to carry a game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hyperbole much mr troll?

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay say it looks pretty, is it fun?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

And it will have less people playing it because of the high graphics wont work on old computers
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Graphics isn't the end all be all. What matters the most is gameplay. To be quite honest I think Gameplay and Story (at lease for a RPG and MMORPG) holds way more value then Graphics.

Also Fun Fact: Higher ur graphics less people who get to play your game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks nice, but last long it will not. Honestly Black Desert Online looks like something I'd expect from a non MMO type game. Not very wise, probably comparable to the Witcher 3.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    That is one of the ugliest and shitty models I've seen in a "new-gen" game in recent memory.

Holy shit it is bad, her Neck is horrendous.

I hear BDO is more of a PvP game, while WoW is a Raiding game.

links a picture of 480p Varian says his CGI looks bad. Go watch the cinematic in 1080p.

Deleted
    Oh no, wow will never recover now, First guild wars 2 killed wow, then wildstar now this mediocre looking game!!! Better leave before its too late.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    That is one of the ugliest and shitty models I've seen in a "new-gen" game in recent memory.

look at that 2d belly button

"Is WoW feeling the threat from the next-gen graphics alone?"

WoW's graphics cater to a far larger variation of computer builds than that silly looking game could ever hope to. So... no. :-)

i pity anyone who values graphics above all else. :-O

Another MMO won't kill WoW. A new game genre that appeals more to WoW players than WoW does will kill WoW.

The MOBA Genre killed the WoW PvP scene.

What will kill the WoW PvE scene? It won't be more MMO PvE, WildStar and FFXIV are evidence of that.

Maybe if someone develops a true emergent online RPG experience. Archeage tried and failed. But I think if someone can succeed it could kill WoW.
    Last edited by shoc; 2016-02-12 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    Graphics aren't a choosing factor for me, maybe I'm an oddball. I'm perfectly happy with WoW, I think it's fine the way it is. Final Fantasy looks amazing, not the reason I enjoy the game though. I've tried a few other MMO's that have incredible graphics and I stopped playing them because all it they had going for them were the graphics. That isn't enough to carry a game.
    Final fantasy 14 is 2010 graphics. This is 2016 graphics we're talking abt here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    "Is WoW feeling the threat from the next-gen graphics alone?"

WoW's graphics cater to a far larger variation of computer builds than that silly looking game could ever hope to. So... no. :-)

i pity anyone who values graphics above all else. :-O
    Well...I'm not advocating anything...I was just wondering if graphics is gonna be any threat in reality...only way to find out is wait I guess.

If looks could kill then WoW would be dead. But's like finally going on that date with the super hot person and they are so superficial checking their phone every 30 seconds because their soooo "popular and trendy" that you want to gnaw your leg off to escape.
    As much as people complain about WoW, the game has a immense amount of substance. And their content is good; so good that we sink hours upon hours devouring it as quickly as possible. If you don't believe so do a /played at the beginning of the next expac on your main. Then 30 days later do it again. Gasp at the amount of time you put into that game in just 30 days.

Deleted
    WoW have 2 things that makes it almost impossible to "RIP" to a new MMO

1) Acquaintance
    2) Runs well and is optimized to run on crap computers

Is very hard to leave WoW because of how familiar we are to the game and to the world.
    Also the game runs smoothly and without any kinds of glitches and random disconects on crappy computers.

The only reason because i am not playing Blade & Soul right now is because the game is very bad optimized to run on my shitty laptop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post

Lol no it's not. It looks pretty damn good honestly, doesn't really mean the game is good. Technical stand point: it looks fantastic. Weather it runs well or anything like that is more important.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

We go over this every month. Good graphics don't equal good game play. Graphics alone will not carry a game. WoW will be fine.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Yeah that game looks sooooo good and is surely to threaten WoW...

Come on, are you serious? I know taste is subjective but those models make my eyes hurt. Even WoW's 2004 textures are more pleasant to look at.