Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    Care to explain why the English economy is thriving under a conservative government after failing so miserably under a labout one then?

Or why Americas economy is drastically weakening under Obama?

Or why Greece's left wing government has utterly trashed it's economy?

Why is that?

PS - nice left wing authoritarian solution you spout. (Rather than debate, simply silence your opponent). You guys are proper evil.
    So you divert to random "examples" instead of reading, understanding and giving an educated and honest reason as to why you think that way about Canada's economy. Not surprise, I can see what this is going to lead to with you and likely why you were banned lol. And congrats on proving you have no common sense or understand of what you are trying to argue. I mean, I can search through many other countries with left wing government that are thriving, but I am smart enough to know how stupid and pointless of an example that would be.

Also you should probably take a moment to research WHY those countries economies are going the way they are. You maybe should actually look at the American economy over Obama's time. If you had bothered you would have seen the growth in the American economy whlie he took charge. It has only started to falter slightly since the second half of 2015 due to obvious reasons outside of the USA, such as China.

But again, judging by your response already, I doubt you would ever take the time to actually learn something. Its much more fun spouting nonsense as fact I guess.

P.S. In order to debate something, you need to actually give educated reasons behind your opinion for people to debate. You very obviously didn't. What you said basically boils down to "They're bad because I said they are for no reason other than I saw it happen once somewhere else sort of".
    Last edited by Alcomo; 2016-02-14 at 12:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    So you divert to random "examples" instead of reading, understanding and giving an educated and honest reason as to why you think that way about Canada's economy. Not surprise, I can see what this is going to lead to with you and likely why you were banned lol. And congrats on proving you have no common sense or understand of what you are trying to argue. I mean, I can search through many other countries with left wing government that are thriving, but I am smart enough to know how stupid and pointless of an example that would be.

Also you should probably take a moment to research WHY those countries economies are going the way they are. You maybe should actually look at the American economy over Obama's time. If you had bothered you would have seen the growth in the American economy whlie he took charge. It has only started to falter slightly since the second half of 2015 due to obvious reasons outside of the USA, such as China.

But again, judging by your response already, I doubt you would ever take the time to actually learn something. Its much more fun spouting nonsense as fact I guess.
    I listed my examples in my very first post.

I believe Canada's economy is heading the way the English economy went under Labour's leadership.

My facts are.....historical events that have already happened.

You, on the other hand sound like you are trying very hard to sound happy that your country just lost the last of its gold reserves. If you think that is a good thing, then I guess I'm pleased for you that you are pleased.

My conservative government is working for me. So I'll continue to support them. Thanks.

I listed my examples in my very first post.

I believe Canada's economy is heading the way the English economy went under Labour's leadership.

My facts are.....historical events that have already happened.

You, on the other hand sound like you are trying very hard to sound happy that your country just lost the last of its gold reserves. If you think that is a good thing, then I guess I'm pleased for you that you are pleased.

My conservative government is working for me. So I'll continue to support them. Thanks.
    "I heard it happened to some guy in some other place so its got to happen to you" is your argument? Honestly its just becoming silly replying to you at this point lol. You obviously have no knowledge of the country and topic you are currently even trying to talk about. You are speaking like Canada doesn't already have a horrible economy. We have been hearing recession for about a year now.

I am currently paying far more than I was 3 years ago for my products. I am literally living the economy you are trying so hard to know something about. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about at this point. How about you go do some research on what is currently going on with our economy and how it started because of our pre-november 2015 government. Maybe take a quick google search on what government has ran this country for the last 9 and a half years. When you do educate yourself enough to have a logical, knowledgeable and intelligent debate, I will gladly give it a go. Until then just stop before the hole you're digging hits China.

And just an FYI. My preference for the party in charge is based on what they plan to bring to the table. If a right wing is going to make the most positive changes for ME, then that is where my vote goes. This time around the right wing had screwed up my country so bad I doubt they will be seen in charge again for at least 20+ years.
    Last edited by Alcomo; 2016-02-14 at 01:06 AM.

This is why you don't elect someone who's big claim to fame was promising legal weed.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlock View Post
    This is why you don't elect someone who's big claim to fame was promising legal weed.
    You make it sound like legal weed isn't a big deal. You do realize how much money that would bring to our economy right? I always love when people use this childish pot line. Its like they don't understand numbers.

You make it sound like legal weed isn't a big deal. You do realize how much money that would bring to our economy right? I always love when people use this childish pot line. Its like they don't understand numbers.
    We just do our homework and understand how international treaties work. Promising pot is akin to promising the voters a pony.

Deleted
    "I heard it happened to some guy in some other place so its got to happen to you" is your argument? Honestly its just becoming silly replying to you at this point lol. You obviously have no knowledge of the country and topic you are currently even trying to talk about. You are speaking like Canada doesn't already have a horrible economy. We have been hearing recession for about a year now.

I am currently paying far more than I was 3 years ago for my products. I am literally living the economy you are trying so hard to know something about. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about at this point. How about you go do some research on what is currently going on with our economy and how it started because of our pre-november 2015 government. Maybe take a quick google search on what government has ran this country for the last 9 and a half years. When you do educate yourself enough to have a logical, knowledgeable and intelligent debate, I will gladly give it a go. Until then just stop before the hole you're digging hits China.

And just an FYI. My preference for the party in charge is based on what they plan to bring to the table. If a right wing is going to make the most positive changes for ME, then that is where my vote goes. This time around the right wing had screwed up my country so bad I doubt they will be seen in charge again for at least 20+ years.

If you think it's going to work for you. Great.

Give me a free'er market any day of the week to work in though. I'll outwork anyone, and get rewarded properly for it.

If you're happy to get paid the same as people who laze around all day, great for you. Heck, even better for you if you are one of those people.

Me? It would drive me nuts living in that type of environment.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since Endus banned me again and i couldn't post, was waiting to get unbanned and reply to this thread.

So here I am and I wanted to say this.....

Gordon Brown did this in England. (Gordon Brown, Labour Prime Minister before David Cameron, Left Winger) and it had huge negative effects on the economy.

So why do it?

Answer - Because it is necessary in Left Wing Politics to hire as many public sector workers as possible. Why? Because it secures votes. (This is why English public sector workers had so many ridiculous made up job titles performing 'non' jobs).

How do you pay for this work force? You can't raise taxes, everybody would protest. Solution - sell your gold reserves.

Canada's economy is now on the start of a very slippery slope and is not sustainable.

It is very easy to predict.

The public sector hiring will start soon, and will grow beyond sustainable levels.

Only a right wing government will be able to bail Canada out when their economy has drastically weakened over the next decade.
    30 million is a fraction of what it would cost to repair the streets in the GTA alone. Hell, the TTC expansion in Toronto is going to be over a few billion dollars when all is said and done, and sadly all the cities outside of Toronto are getting shit on with higher than should be allowed taxes to foot the bill because Toronto keeps growing like the cancer that it is. Public sector jobs were cut nation wide under Harper in a lot of sectors, it isn't going to do much more than bring a few hundred people back into employment again.

Deleted
    Lmfao, I've heard it all now.

All bow to our Canadian drug lords. Pot solution to the globe.

Yea, I think I've figured out who I'm talking to. College student who hasn't stepped out into the world yet.

The US economy has grown stronger under Obama. It was much weaker under previous Conservative Presidents.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverlock View Post
    We just do our homework and understand how international treaties work. Promising pot is akin to promising the voters a pony.
    Treaties mean jack shit we can withdraw from treaties at any time we see fit. We've done so in the past and we will do so in the future.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Care to explain why the English economy is thriving under a conservative government after failing so miserably under a labout one then?

Or why Greece's left wing government has utterly trashed it's economy?

Why is that?

PS - nice left wing authoritarian solution you spout. (Rather than debate, simply silence your opponent). You guys are proper evil.
    America's economy was gone to shit before Obama even sniffed the White House. Thanks to Team Red, of course.

You make it sound like legal weed isn't a big deal. You do realize how much money that would bring to our economy right?
    The drug market is already part of your economy.

I always love when people use this childish pot line. Its like they don't understand numbers.
    Irony?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Treaties mean jack shit we can withdraw from treaties at any time we see fit. We've done so in the past and we will do so in the future.
    I would suggest researching world war one.

History I think would surprise you.

Worrying about gold? C'mon guys, it's current year.

Shiiiiiiit this thread got ultra dumb.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    There's very little of use you can actually do with gold though.
    Its a really good conductor. Aerospace makes good use of it too.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Shiiiiiiit this thread got ultra dumb.
    It was ultra dumb to begin with.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post

There's very little of use you can actually do with gold though.
    Isn't gold used in most electronics?

Justin "Joss Weedon" Trudeau has to salvage his budget deficit somehow. I don't recall Canada being a big holder of gold, or any precious metals for that matter, so I doubt this is going to salve anything.